How to Make a Girl Comfortable more around me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

blockmaster1
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm

Ok here goes. I don't know if this all really has to do with me having some aspergers, but I find I can't really understand people too well sometimes.

So there is this girl at my university residence which I really like, so I've been talking to her quite a bit lately to get to know her. I used to join her bible devotion group(were Christains) every other morning, as it was in a group and I didnt just talk with her to get to know her, I talked with everyone else too and made it seem like I didn't just go there for her. However, she ONLY responds when I talk to her. However she does so pretty well, she isn't short or anything in replying, and always seems fine talking with me. She never initiates with me otherwise, or ask me questions in return, or to start a conversation. Given that I think she is shy around others she doesn't feel comfortable with. However I don't know if just the fact that she knows I like her(since I think I couldve gave it away to her too early) would make her this way when I talk to her? I don't think I drill her with questions, I just casually talk to her about how her school is going and about common interests of ours. What do you guys think?

More context: I recently asked her out and she said she is not interested in going out with anyone, so I am just looking to hopefully make friends with her at the moment, and be even more casual when I talk to her. Even before I asked her out though, she was just respondent to me when we talked.

Lol this may all sound weird, but I am a bit confused. Just seeing what you guys think, I know I'm going to get a bunch of different types of responses for this, lol.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

I wouldn’t expect anything of it. She made it clear she doesn’t want to date you, and she will likely see you as that guy who is always trying to get in, regardless of the fact you said you are happy being friends.

Advice: back off and talk to other people there instead. The ball is in her court.

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2018, 9:32 pm

unfortunately it sounds like she is not interested in anything more than friendship.

i'd suggest looking for potential gf elsewhere.

best of luck

auralucario7
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2018, 3:31 pm

I would say just try to warm up to her little and little as a friend. Just ask her about herself. If she's still comfortable talking, maybe you can eventually ask her if she knows anyone who could be a potential match.