Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 6:20 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
A couple of good yoga poses for gas are downward dog & seated twist.

Let me google those and I’ll report back here with results.

I beg you... don’t demostrate your results here.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:34 pm

It was a joke.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 4:39 am

Phew.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jan 2018, 7:36 am

I think if boys fart & belch more than girls in general, it's because it's more acceptable for boys to do it. There are some exceptions thou & I'm one of them.

Farting a lot has been normal for me for the last couple years. I suddenly started being gassy & having problems with constipation even thou my diet & meds had not changed for a while. I had irregular bowl movements my whole life but they weren't as bad. My doc suggested I take a Probiotic & that had no effect. She also encouraged me to eat more fiber, take fiber supplements & prescribed me a stool softener. That does help with the constipation but not the gas. I saw another doc about this too who also was of no help with the gas. I tried taking Beano & GasX with every meal & that was no help too. For the most part my girlfriend is OK with me farting unless they smell which they usually don't unless I've been eating beans or onions which I don't do very often. I try to hold em in when I'm in social situations but it's not always possible. I sometimes cant hold em for more than a minute or so despite my best efforts to. I'm not always able to go to another room or outside like when I'm in line at a store or on a bus. Also getting up to go to leave is more likely to make my fart slip & it will sound louder & the smell would spread faster than if I was sitting down.

I do belch a bit sometimes but that's usually after drinking soda & my girlfriend does it too sometimes so it's no big deal to her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 8:47 am

If I’m out in a crowded, noisy restaurant and I get a gas attack, I don’t hold back. Nobody will hear it, and food/kitchen/humanity smells are strong enough to mask it.

My step-father heard some story about how breaking wind is considered a complement to the cook in the Mid East or India or some such. I think my step-dad and Marknis’s dad should go fishing together. I don’t buy it, but seriously...there most certainly are social situations when you can deflate without starting a riot.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2018, 1:41 pm

I used to be smelly when I ate just junk food, I'd fart all the time and make the room I was in stink horribly, example me being at my uncle's house for Christmas and I had my own room there, the smell there was probably hard to get off after I left :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 1:59 pm

Nick, what’s your diet like?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:11 pm

There is always that over the counter non prescription pill called "Beano" for that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:43 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
There is always that over the counter non prescription pill called "Beano" for that.

tried it, it just makes 'em smell slightly [but sickeningly] sweeter. really.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 5:11 pm

Loner269 wrote:
I used to be smelly when I ate just junk food, I'd fart all the time and make the room I was in stink horribly, example me being at my uncle's house for Christmas and I had my own room there, the smell there was probably hard to get off after I left :lol:

Yep. Junk food/dairy makes for awful gas for me, especially dairy.

Same goes for faeces. If I eat an ultra clean diet, poo kinda smells like.. hay? Like a barnyard animal. But if I eat dairy (especially) or junk food it's bad.

Same for sweat. If I eat ultra clean and then work hard/go for a run and work up a sweat, I'm wet from perspiration, but not smelly - a very low natural odour. If I eat junk food & then work up a sweat, ew gross, nasty BO. I don't eat much junk food & near zero dairy so don't usually smell.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 5:16 pm

^ Try to sweat after eating Pastirma.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 7:12 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Nick, what’s your diet like?
For breakfast I usually have a bowl of cereal & half a can of veggies. The veggies are usually carrots, peas, green beans, or mixed veggies, & occasionally I'll eat doughnuts instead of cereal & veggies. For supper I usually have a sandwich like ham, turkey, or chicken, & I'll have the other half a can of veggies I opened for breakfast. For lunch I eat things like McDonald's, burgers, hotdogs, pizza, corndogs, jambalaya, rice dressing/dirty rice, spaghetti/pasta, baked beans, chicken, & pork. I tend to pigout for lunch. I also binge eat on snacks like chips, candy, & ice-cream. I don't eat snacks at all though some days. I haven't really noticed a connection between what I eat & gas except the baked beans can make it worse as well as onions.
I know my diet is unhealthy but I'm trying to cut down on the snacks & to exercise more.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 7:32 am

^ You sound like me, I love donuts. That sort of food is definitely a gas causer.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 7:52 am

hale_bopp wrote:
^ You sound like me, I love donuts. That sort of food is definitely a gas causer.
I don't have the donuts that often. Just sometimes when we're shopping at WalMart cuz there's a Dunkin' Donuts there & it's easier for us to stay closer to our typical food schedules if we eat out. I only have them about 1ce a month or maybe 2wice occasionally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 11:19 am

I wonder where Ms. Dimple is now....

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:24 am

At the moment she's in Xuzhou. Later she'll be in Lanzhou. She won't return to Australia for two months.