Why torture yourself with a relationship?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2018, 12:04 pm

The last thing I feel like doing right now is making a woman happy. I know what it takes to make a relationship work and I'm not doing it. Everyone else can tell women what they want to hear and work around their schedule, but I'm not. If a woman comes along and pursues me, fine, I'll go along with it, but my days of going out of my way for women are over.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm

If you consider it a torture then don't do it. It's supposed to be fun, like a game. You don't have to play if you don't like it.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

Only 9% of us will get married. Why go against those odds?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 5:42 pm

If it's torture, don't. :wink:

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2018, 5:52 pm

I don't. I'm not trying to flip my life upside down to be mainstream.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 9:40 pm

Buc wrote:
I don't. I'm not trying to flip my life upside down to be mainstream.

By 'mainstream' you mean 'to fulfil a basic human need'; being involuntarily celibate isn't revolutionary and you've hit peak-hipster insisting you're doing it to reject the 'mainstream'.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2018, 10:15 pm

Chasing women feels like a must in your 20s. In your 30s you start focusing more on yourself. I'm pushing 40. There's no way I'm dealing with a woman who needs all kinds of attention at my age.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

Buc wrote:
Chasing women feels like a must in your 20s.

Well, I'm in my 20s and I certainly don't feel the need to chase women. I have better things to focus on than that, such as my studies and getting my life in order, especially since I'm (hopefully) moving to an apartment soon.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 2:41 pm

I shall keep my own counsel as to my attitude now but previously I thought it would be a burden.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2018, 3:20 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Buc wrote:

Well, I'm in my 20s and I certainly don't feel the need to chase women. I have better things to focus on than that, such as my studies and getting my life in order, especially since I'm (hopefully) moving to an apartment soon.

I'm glad I didn't waste my 20s in college. Chasing women was a better life experience.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm

Buc wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
Buc wrote:

I'm glad I didn't waste my 20s in college. Chasing women was a better life experience.

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 5:33 pm

Good for you. I've been ridiculed for this but I'm considering paying someone to do the pursing for me....that is if I even want to date at all.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

I would of gone the mail-order bride route if I had the money & resources or found a homeless girl if I was living at my own place. I'm ALOT happier & more functional within a realtionship. I love trying my best to be supportive & taking care of my partner. I just s#cked at getting in relationships due to being disabled physically in addition to being awkward due to my Aspergers. I think I've improved quite alot since I got a girlfriend. The members who were around when I was single might remember my posts were very whiny & kinda disturbing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 11:29 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Good for you. I've been ridiculed for this but I'm considering paying someone to do the pursing for me....that is if I even want to date at all.

I don't see anything wrong with that, I mean people meet each other all kinds of ways...there isn't necessarily a wrong way or a right way.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 3:17 am

Buc wrote:
The last thing I feel like doing right now is making a woman happy. I know what it takes to make a relationship work and I'm not doing it. Everyone else can tell women what they want to hear and work around their schedule, but I'm not. If a woman comes along and pursues me, fine, I'll go along with it, but my days of going out of my way for women are over.

Those things wouldn't make a relationship with me work. Tell me what I want to hear? Hell no, tell me the truth please. Work around my schedule? Meh, you do your thing and I'll do mine, and we'll do stuff together when we want to, and can. Go out of your way for me? No thanks, it doesn't make me feel good when people put my interests above theirs.

I think you mean you don't want a relationship with a particular type of woman. That is, the type you have described.