Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

07 Feb 2019, 2:46 am

I remember my sister used to like men using chat up lines but I don't know if many people do.

Haven't used one in years. I saw this one that made me laugh though.

"Are you drinking hot tea? Because you certainly are a hottie."



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,515
Location: Adelaide, Australia

07 Feb 2019, 4:40 am

Do they work?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Posts: 4,999

07 Feb 2019, 9:51 am

Sure, they work .... they get an eye roll every time.


_________________
Back.


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,616
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Feb 2019, 9:52 am

They wouldn't be so popular if they never worked


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,576
Location: Queens, NYC

07 Feb 2019, 9:53 am

Not a good idea, Fifasy.

It reminds me of the old Saturday Night Clip "Wild and Crazy Guys." About two awkward guys who didn't know they were awkward.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,871
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

07 Feb 2019, 10:35 am

fifasy wrote:
"Are you drinking hot tea? Because you certainly are a hottie."

....
Her : "And do you drink cyanide"?
Him: "Umm no?"
Her: "You should".



Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2017
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,457
Location: UK

07 Feb 2019, 11:36 am

Him: ... and what do you call youself?
Her: Unlucky.



Him: where have you been all of my life?
Her: I wasn't born for half of it.


_________________
Steve J

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame


NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2016
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 544
Location: Europe (but not UK)

07 Feb 2019, 12:32 pm

If they work or not depend on the woman, the chat up line, the man and how he delivers it.

However, the main reason why it brings some guys some success is probably that all men who use chat up lines actually approach women whereas not all men who don't do.



Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

07 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm

I mean...if it's a cheesy enough line it might make her laugh, and that's a start. I think very few of all these pickup-lines are intended to be delivered seriously.

Man: "Hey, do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"
Woman: *chuckles*
Man: "Answer my question please""

Yeah, no.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

08 Feb 2019, 7:12 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
I mean...if it's a cheesy enough line it might make her laugh, and that's a start. I think very few of all these pickup-lines are intended to be delivered seriously.

Man: "Hey, do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"
Woman: *chuckles*
Man: "Answer my question please""

Yeah, no.


Exactly. Laughter is a good place to start, perhaps?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,576
Location: Queens, NYC

08 Feb 2019, 8:02 am

Sure they can be funny.

Some guys can have success like that.

Who know, Fifasy. Maybe you can pull that off.

But I can’t pull a pick-up line off.

Just like I can’t pick up girls in bars because I’m not the tall, flashy type.

I knew, from the outset, that I had to rely on unconventional means to obtain a partner.



fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

09 Feb 2019, 2:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sure they can be funny.

Some guys can have success like that.

Who know, Fifasy. Maybe you can pull that off.

But I can’t pull a pick-up line off.

Just like I can’t pick up girls in bars because I’m not the tall, flashy type.

I knew, from the outset, that I had to rely on unconventional means to obtain a partner.


I'm quite short too. How did you find your partner?