Social group ideas to possibly meet someone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

LimboMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2018, 6:46 am

I've heard it can be a great way to meet people going to social groups. I want to try this to make friends anyway, but it would be great to increase the probability of knowing someone as a friend to maybe something more. My interest is music but there are very little groups for that locally. I just wonder what would be some good social groups with a understanding environment, that could be mixed gender? Not the go out drinking kind of groups. Has there been any groups you meet people in and what kind of groups would be good for people who are ND?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Mar 2018, 7:37 am

Perhaps there's some kind of support group in your area with people with different mental disorders/conditions. I belonged to a bipolar, depression & anxiety support group for a while.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LimboMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2018, 2:56 pm

nick007 wrote:
Perhaps there's some kind of support group in your area with people with different mental disorders/conditions. I belonged to a bipolar, depression & anxiety support group for a while.

I like the idea of that I'll definitely look into it. that would be a understanding environment.

Lonehiker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2018, 4:08 pm

I second the notion of a mental health support group. I have been going to one for a couple of years now and it's great. Sometimes I even run a group myself. Last year I joined a sports class (badminton) and I love it. I've become friends with the regulars and it's mixed gender.

I've actually been trying to think of another social group these past couple of days and I think I'm going to try a book reading group.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Mar 2018, 5:10 am

LimboMan wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I like the idea of that I'll definitely look into it. that would be a understanding environment.
I wish you luck :mrgreen:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 7:58 am

Boardgaming groups work for me. There are definitely more males than females at these groups, but there are a few of us :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:22 am

^ There are always more males than females in all things which are fun and interesting.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:45 am

Lonehiker wrote:
I second the notion of a mental health support group. I have been going to one for a couple of years now and it's great. Sometimes I even run a group myself. Last year I joined a sports class (badminton) and I love it. I've become friends with the regulars and it's mixed gender.

I've actually been trying to think of another social group these past couple of days and I think I'm going to try a book reading group.

Book groups are varied so if you join one that's not your cup of tea, try a different one, it may be completely different. There will definitely be a higher number of women to men.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:53 am

Writing groups can be good as writers are weird (not as weird as us but still weird). Poor social skills, nerdyness, introverted, attention to detail, a bit nutty about their manuscripts. It's generally a supportive environment too. Any literary ability is extra not expected.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:55 am

Most of the time....but there are literary snobs in these groups.

I’d just ignore them (the snobs).