Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cja88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2018, 5:23 am

Hi! I'm Colin. I just wanted to share my issue and hopefully get some advice. From what I read on this website many of you are virgins late into adulthood. I was until I was 27. I'm 29 now. The last two years I have dated a lot, had 3 relationships, and banged a ton of good looking chicks. All of my relationships failed horribly. The only reason women have slept with me is my physical appearance (I am a competitive bodybuilder). Every girl I have dated has picked up on their own I am aspergers. My point is lately I have tried dating more substantive people and failed miserably. I lack the ability to make small talk. I also don't have a huge diversity of topics to talk about. The only thing I'm good at is lifting weights and being huge is the only thing that has ever given me a way "in" to the normal people realm. When challenged socially I fail pretty badly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 5:54 am

Ask about their lives without it appearing like an interrogation. People like to talk about themselves, as the saying goes. Read a lot about interpersonal relations.

Cja88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2018, 6:45 am

I don't talk about myself very often. I actually avoid it. But I do question people in the manner in which you're referring to. Can you give me more specific advice?

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 7:10 am

Practice is what worked for me. Eventually I learned to navigate relationships better, but I'm still not perfect. It's like learning a foreign language. You'll never be a native speaker, but you may be fluent one day.

I had a similar situation. In my twenties, I was socially hopeless and couldn't approach women, but I was very good-looking. I was a model, so I met a lot of beautiful women who fortunately were willing to make the first move, but sooner or later (1 night-maybe 2 months) they realized just how weird I was and bailed out.