I feel uncomfortable from romantic attention

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2018, 6:42 pm

I have a problem. I get VERY uncomfortable to the point where I cringe if somebody gives me a lot of romantic attention. I like some romance though, in my most recent relationship I got bored because the guy just like myself wasn't very good at expressing deeper emotions and wouldn't even send heart emojis when we texted, not even if I sent him any first. :|

Right now though I have recently met this guy who is extremely open with his emotions and appears to have fallen pretty hard for me already and is not afraid to express that but even though I like him too I find myself backing away the more he says cute things to me and I feel extremely uncomfortable and almost suspicious. :? He doesn't yet know about my "difficulties" either and just thinks i'm shy (I feel its a bit early to tell him) but even though I tend to open up to someone after a couple of months of frequent contact I actually never come to a stage where I can express my emotions verbally. Is this a common problem for aspies or is it just a personal problem of mine :?:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 6:55 pm

What would you rather have: "not enough attention," or "too much attention?"

I would say you would like the "Goldilocks feeling"----just the "right amount" of attention.

That's sometimes hard to do though. With people, it's either too much or too little. I believe you have to find out which one you prefer.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What would you rather have: "not enough attention," or "too much attention?"

I would say you would like the "Goldilocks feeling"----just the "right amount" of attention.

That's sometimes hard to do though. With people, it's either too much or too little. I believe you have to find out which one you prefer.

Yes I agree it's very often either too much or too little, that's the thing lol. I guess only way to find out is to experience both.