Maybe I’ll meet Mr. Right?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Aug 2018, 8:55 pm

Probably not, though.. much more likely that I’ll meet Mr. Right Now. :mrgreen:

It’s Pride Sunday and I’m going to an all night rager at a 2 floor 5 room night club with several hundred pretty little gay boys & underwear models. After party is at a warehouse across the street somewhere. Then I was invited to an after After sex party downtown (not like people won’t be hooking up at the parties, anyways! They’re that kind of party for whomever wants to utilize the back room.) but I don’t think I’ll be going to that as while those friends are nice guys, they’re just not my type in that way. Eventually I’ll make my way to Wreck Beach for the traditional Wreck Beach Recovery Day on the holiday Monday tmw, and then back to my waiting car tmw night.

No worries on the drugs front; I bought 18 fentanyl test kits to give away to those in need and have Naloxone training & a full kit with 3 ampules of Naloxone in my bag.

I also have a party friend date tonight - a 50 something year old gay dude I met in a pub who deserves to be at this creme de la creme of gay underground parties for all the BS he’s had to tolerate in his gay life compared to younger generations - so I bought him a ticket. 8)

Oh, and I hope this isn’t too much to wear.. I’d hate to be “that guy,” who’s too formally over dressed for one of these casual Sunday night sinner parties.. ;p What do you think? Will this suffice? Hope so! It what I’m wearing. 8)

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,919

05 Aug 2018, 9:04 pm

Stay safe and have fun!



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Aug 2018, 9:24 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Stay safe and have fun!


Always! Thanks! 8)


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,686
Location: United Kingdom

05 Aug 2018, 9:25 pm

There's a pride celebration in my city soon. I'd go if I could be bothered. Have fun at the place you describe. Sounds like a lot of fun!



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Aug 2018, 11:13 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
There's a pride celebration in my city soon. I'd go if I could be bothered. Have fun at the place you describe. Sounds like a lot of fun!


Thanks, will do! It’s tr most fun! Our Halloween party 3 years ago made my party promoter friend infamous and since he’s gone international by throwing a gay party in Mexico City, another at Seattle Pride, and he has one planned for Berlin. This is truly the Best gay party experience possible in Vancouver, which is why tickets sold out right quick and a lot of people are looking for tix. Not me, though, bought mine right when the first tier went on sale. 8)


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,726
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

06 Aug 2018, 6:30 am

Where do you put your wallet?



Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 700
Location: Wisconsin

06 Aug 2018, 6:46 am

LOL that's awesome! :D


_________________
That which does not kill us makes us stranger.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,486
Location: Stendec

06 Aug 2018, 8:55 am

[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 700
Location: Wisconsin

06 Aug 2018, 9:06 am

Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]


Goldfish is obviously going to be better able to answer this but I believe it's a defiant response to the wish of the general public to "fit in" and show a more "wholesome" face. (In other words, just disappear and not be gay)


_________________
That which does not kill us makes us stranger.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,726
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

06 Aug 2018, 9:11 am

Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]



If a clown dresses only this thing then I would surely not allow him to get too close to my hypothetical kids.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,486
Location: Stendec

06 Aug 2018, 9:25 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]
Goldfish is obviously going to be better able to answer this but I believe it's a defiant response to the wish of the general public to "fit in" and show a more "wholesome" face. (In other words, just disappear and not be gay)
Oh, I'm not asking/expecting LGBT-Q people to "disappear"; but, pepto-pink sunglasses and a blue banana-hammock? How gauche! The only thing that would make it worse is a lime-green feather boa!


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 700
Location: Wisconsin

06 Aug 2018, 9:36 am

Fnord wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]
Goldfish is obviously going to be better able to answer this but I believe it's a defiant response to the wish of the general public to "fit in" and show a more "wholesome" face. (In other words, just disappear and not be gay)
Oh, I'm not asking/expecting LGBT-Q people to "disappear"; but, pepto-pink sunglasses and a blue banana-hammock? How gauche! The only thing that would make it worse is a lime-green feather boa!


I actually believe it started as more of a symbolic thing in response to the Stonewall raid and then resulting riots in 1969 Greenwich Village. Gay activist organizations started in NY and then spread across the US.

I think they're hilarious. The gaudier the better! I mean, it's usually a one-day (or one weekend) thing. The geeks have their Comic Cons, Furries have their cons, even the general public is getting into it with the sexualization of Halloween. People love to dress up in costumes.


_________________
That which does not kill us makes us stranger.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,486
Location: Stendec

06 Aug 2018, 9:44 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers. I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]
Goldfish is obviously going to be better able to answer this but I believe it's a defiant response to the wish of the general public to "fit in" and show a more "wholesome" face. (In other words, just disappear and not be gay)
Oh, I'm not asking/expecting LGBT-Q people to "disappear"; but, pepto-pink sunglasses and a blue banana-hammock? How gauche! The only thing that would make it worse is a lime-green feather boa!
I actually believe it started as more of a symbolic thing in response to the Stonewall raid and then resulting riots in 1969 Greenwich Village. Gay activist organizations started in NY and then spread across the US. I think they're hilarious. The gaudier the better! I mean, it's usually a one-day (or one weekend) thing. The geeks have their Comic Cons, Furries have their cons, even the general public is getting into it with the sexualization of Halloween. People love to dress up in costumes.
I suppose that it is a type of "finger in the eye" of the establishment; but it's hard to take someone seriously when they're dressed like they don't want to be taken seriously, whether geek, furrie, trick-or-treater, or the stereotypical "flaming drag queen" dressed as an over-the-top version of a female opera star -- not that there is anything wrong with that.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 700
Location: Wisconsin

06 Aug 2018, 9:53 am

Fnord wrote:
I suppose that it is a type of "finger in the eye" of the establishment; but it's hard to take someone seriously when they're dressed like they don't want to be taken seriously, whether geek, furrie, trick-or-treater, or the stereotypical "flaming drag queen" dressed as an over-the-top version of a female opera star -- not that there is anything wrong with that.


Yeah, that's a good way to put it, it's a finger in the eye. I imagine the ridiculousness is in part a defensiveness, as in "you don't take me seriously anyway, so f you."

I don't know, that's just my guess. I could be way off. :D


_________________
That which does not kill us makes us stranger.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,486
Location: Stendec

06 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I suppose that it is a type of "finger in the eye" of the establishment; but it's hard to take someone seriously when they're dressed like they don't want to be taken seriously, whether geek, furrie, trick-or-treater, or the stereotypical "flaming drag queen" dressed as an over-the-top version of a female opera star -- not that there is anything wrong with that.
Yeah, that's a good way to put it, it's a finger in the eye. I imagine the ridiculousness is in part a defensiveness, as in "you don't take me seriously anyway, so f you." I don't know, that's just my guess. I could be way off.
For a guess, I think that it's very close, if not spot-on. Let's see what Goldie has to say...


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)