Just because you're single doesn't mean you're loveless.

Page 8 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

isloth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2018, 4:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Russians are Russians.

I don’t think they view themselves as asians.

Correct, vast majority of population is concentrated in the smaller European part, and since "ethnic Russians" take race very seriously, they are actually racist towards those people who are from Asian parts of the country (and former Soviet Union). But the reality, of course, is there is a huge diversity in people who live in Russia aside from the so- called "ethnically pure" Russians.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:04 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
cberg wrote:
I guess they don't know tofu can be fried.

Also, women can definitely be misogynist too. It's called "internalized misogyny", and I've met women and knew a couple in school that were like that. Sometimes when you are exposed to years of sexism you internalize and start to think that women really are lesser than men. Women like this often think of themselves as exceptions to the rule (to avoid the trap of self-hatred)--these are known as "cool girls".

https://www.ravishly.com/2016/12/28/one ... d-misogyny

Either way it looks like a low road for people who aren't self-actualized enough to just respect each other.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:12 pm

cberg wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
cberg wrote:
Well whatever that's a classless way of suggesting as much. In the states when you say someone is outside 'their place' it's considered no small threat.

I have no obligation whatsoever to use a classy or sophisticated register on a random internet forum.
To put someone in their place universally means that you show them that they are not as powerful/smart/important/etc as they think, not that you use violence against them, this is pure mistification and a straw man. Your language against me was much more aggressive and unjustified.

Maybe don't publicly emasculate your fellow guys? I really can't help you I'm just a soy boy. :roll: All I'm really seeing is misogyny but that's a dirty word so don't call red pills mysogynists because it's rude? I'm just being honest about my opinion. You're out of line if you're asking your feelings to be accommodated so you can talk trash.

I'd rather build people in my life up rather than break them down. Actually I swore I'd do that.

"Soy boy" is a term used on incel forums. It is a term of hatred and derision for men who they think have been "feminized" by consuming too much soy because they are convinced phytoestrogens turn all men "faggy".

Just so everyone knows where that term came from.

nope, on 4chan:

Quote:
The earliest archived use of the term "soyboy" as a pejorative on 4chan was submitted to a thread on the /tv/ (television & film) board on April 18th, 2017 (shown below).[11]

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:14 pm

cberg wrote:
cberg wrote:
I guess they don't know tofu can be fried.

Also, women can definitely be misogynist too. It's called "internalized misogyny", and I've met women and knew a couple in school that were like that. Sometimes when you are exposed to years of sexism you internalize and start to think that women really are lesser than men. Women like this often think of themselves as exceptions to the rule (to avoid the trap of self-hatred)--these are known as "cool girls".

https://www.ravishly.com/2016/12/28/one ... d-misogyny

Either way it looks like a low road for people who aren't self-actualized enough to just respect each other.

Remember, something like 50% of white women voted for Trump, and that was after the tape of him admitting to being a "p**** grabber" came out. Sometimes women hate women, too. And sometimes women who hate women love men who also hate women.

It's not uncommon in communities where women aren't valued, like fundamentalist churches, for women to be some of the worst offenders in regards to misogyny and policing other women. It doesn't make it right or particularly understandable, it's just a feature of humanity that we absorb what we're taught whether it's useful or not.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:16 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
cberg wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
cberg wrote:
Well whatever that's a classless way of suggesting as much. In the states when you say someone is outside 'their place' it's considered no small threat.

I have no obligation whatsoever to use a classy or sophisticated register on a random internet forum.
To put someone in their place universally means that you show them that they are not as powerful/smart/important/etc as they think, not that you use violence against them, this is pure mistification and a straw man. Your language against me was much more aggressive and unjustified.

Maybe don't publicly emasculate your fellow guys? I really can't help you I'm just a soy boy. :roll: All I'm really seeing is misogyny but that's a dirty word so don't call red pills mysogynists because it's rude? I'm just being honest about my opinion. You're out of line if you're asking your feelings to be accommodated so you can talk trash.

I'd rather build people in my life up rather than break them down. Actually I swore I'd do that.

"Soy boy" is a term used on incel forums. It is a term of hatred and derision for men who they think have been "feminized" by consuming too much soy because they are convinced phytoestrogens turn all men "faggy".

Just so everyone knows where that term came from.

nope, on 4chan:

Quote:
The earliest archived use of the term "soyboy" as a pejorative on 4chan was submitted to a thread on the /tv/ (television & film) board on April 18th, 2017 (shown below).[11]

I never claimed where it originated, just where it is popular now. Perhaps it started on 4chan, but it is currently very popular on incel and manosphere forums.

And here is the definition, for those still wondering:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =Soy%20Boy

It's very derogatory and sexist against men (only REAL MASCULINE MEN aren't "soy boys")--but apparently that kind of comment is OK by some moderators...

Last edited by karathraceandherspecialdestiny on 02 Jul 2018, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:18 pm

"to come from" is synonymous with "to originate"

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:22 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
"to come from" is synonymous with "to originate"

Look, it is very common on incel and MRA forums. I know you have a problem with me personally, but you can't deny the truth of something just because I said it and you don't like me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 4:25 pm

This 4chan internet cancer is basically the same line of thinking this thread runs contrary to, that single people are inferior in contrived social Darwinist terms.

If I were attracted to or comfortable with anyone or anything conventional I wouldn't even be here, yet some guy is still here to give me s**t for it.

isloth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2018, 4:55 pm

I never claimed where it originated, just where it is popular now. Perhaps it started on 4chan, but it is currently very popular on incel and manosphere forums.

I haven't ever been on, but isn't 4chan one of the forums incels still actively use?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:03 pm

I wouldn't really call it a forum, it's more of a catch all for all the worst parts of the internet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:03 pm

Those "incel" people really need to "get a life." I don't even know why we're taking them so seriously.

They are clowns, caricatures, what have you.....

isloth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2018, 5:21 pm

When your depressed and hate yourself, it can be easy to have that transform into something else like hating others. You join the wrong crowd, and they reinforce some negative idea constantly until you passionately believe it is the answer. Mostly I just feel sorry for them because maybe if I had a different upbringing and taken a couple wrong turns, I could've become something similar. It's just plain sad that anyone ends up in such a state that they get consumed by hate.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those "incel" people really need to "get a life." I don't even know why we're taking them so seriously.

They are clowns, caricatures, what have you.....

When their terms start showing up here I think it's very important to talk about it. The way they think is very toxic and they are trying to spread it to other guys, like a cult.

Their ideology is stupid but it is apparently hard to resist for a certain subset of guys with social problems because it gives them a target for all their frustrations that is outside themselves, it gives them someone to blame for their problems.

We are taking them seriously because they are a big problem for the autistic community, both because people here could be vulnerable to getting sucked into that mentality and also autistic women could be in danger from autistic men who get sucked into that mentality. It's a problem that we need to be discussing for the sake of all of our safety.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:55 pm

I agree we have to prevent people from getting sucked in.

Saying this, I don't believe anybody here is actually of that mindset.

I guess making note of it is a useful thing.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:55 pm

isloth wrote:

I haven't ever been on, but isn't 4chan one of the forums incels still actively use?

I've never used 4chan, but from what I've heard there is definitely a large contingent of manospherians there. So it could very well have started on 4chan among guys with that sort of mentality, the incel/manosphere/MRA types that hate women. It is certainly a very hateful term, both against men (for not being manly enough) and against women (suggesting "feminized" men are less-than because they are like women.)

Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I agree we have to prevent people from getting sucked in.

Saying this, I don't believe anybody here is actually of that mindset.

I guess making note of it is a useful thing.

If guys here aren't of that mindset, they should probably worry if they're using terms that come from that mindset. Maybe they should think about why they think using those sorts of insults are OK, and what that says about their thinking about men and women and how messed up it might be. Calling someone here a "soy boy" isn't just a personal insult and breech of the rules--it's a statement about toxic masculinity.