Page 4 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 3:59 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Wow, it's worse than I thought! This is an epidemic! All these people taking an offhand remark about peanut butter and twisting it beyond recognition just to validate how offended they want to be.

Your joke was innocent but this girl is apparently looking for someone who is more serious and more socially in tune to her. You aren't that person and you probably wouldn't want to be that person because you would be walking on egg shells, so to speak, all of the time. Be glad you found out how she is sooner rather than later and move on to someone who's more light hearted.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 4:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Women get harassed a lot online. The cops don't want to be bothered with it most of the time because it's so prevalent. And they certainly don't want to be bothered by women who brought the harassment into their own lives by dating the guy they are being harassed by or by voluntarily giving away their phone number to the harasser. If you've never had the police refuse to press charges against someone threatening you or abusing you, you've never been a woman having to deal with the police.

But obviously my input is not welcome in this thread. That has been made clear. For future reference though, if you don't want feedback from women on your threads you should probably state that in the title or OP.

I keep saying and saying it, but: VICTIM COMPLEX. You're aware that all a woman has to do these days is point and scream "RAPE!" and whoever's unlucky enough to be on the other side of finger is going to have his life ruined, right? Even if the accusations are proven false, the damage will have been done and it will be almost impossible for him to find work or a place to live, not to mention friends or a significant other. I'm not saying that happens often, but the fact that it can happen is enough to prove your "Boo hoo, nobody cares about the ladies!" crap as false.

You do know that rape is investigated right...its simply false someone can simply point a finger and yell 'rape' to ruin someones life. It has to be investigated before any charges are brought against the potential perpetrator. Even recently a death metal band called Decapitated were accused of rape...and they were not charged because the authorities did not find enough supporting evidence and the accuser had some history of filing false reports of crime. So no, you can't just scream rape and point your finger to ruin someones life...well maybe unless you are someone with a lot of connections with money or sway in the law.

The media and public will punish you regardless of what courts say, that’s been made very clear. So yeah you’ll be found Innocent but will that bring back your home, job, gf, family, friends?
In my state you’d also lose your rights and that’s not easily reversed after you found innocent and she lied.
Sure you could sue but that’d take money and lots of time.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 4:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Magna wrote:
It wasn't about the peanut butter. You missed the mark on that one.

Here's an example that might change your perspective:

You: "Since we're talking about going out to a restaurant this weekend, I would prefer going somewhere that serves pizza."

Her response: "I like spaceships."

Based on the way you described your exchange, your exchange in my opinion was no less puzzling than the example. Unless we missed a piece?
I would of just assumed that he made a bad joke or maybe wasn't mentally all there. Neither of these are reasons to get upset & fly off the handle.
BTW my girlfriend answers my questions weirdly like that all the time. She'll give ma random word or speak gibberish sometimes when she's not sure about the answer or when she's frustrated or stressed or something. It can be alittle frustrating when I really want an answer but it doesn't bother me for the most part.

She simply ceased communication...that's not really 'flying off the handle' that's trying an interaction with someone, finding she did not like it so much and deciding to quit pursuing it. Sure maybe unfair...but someone simply deciding to stop communication with they only started talking to online isn't really 'flying off the handle'. That would be if she sent some horrible angry message in response. I mean sorry but the O.P messed up in this case, she could have been more forgiving of the blunder...but maybe she has reason to be wary, like past bad experiences.

But she did send a angry response

Yes angry, but doesn't seem that nasty...no All caps cussing or name calling, just that she did not want to hear from him again due to that exchange. If it were me and I had asked a guy to meet and his response was some un-related joke I'd probably just blocked and not gave a response angry or not or just stopped messaging them. But yeah I can see why someone would be bothered they asked about meeting up just to get something about peanut butter...and maybe even have felt it insulting.

You don’t know, secondly he said she spent 30ish mins writing an essay to him about how offended she was an dhorrible he is, that’s hardly th “ please don’t message me anymore” your making it out to be, takes all of a min to send that and block him, which is what your saying but isn’t what she did. It wasn’t a simple message from the sounds of it. I think the op messed up, even I see that’s but I don’t get why you’re trying to downplay the woman’s part, she didn’t send a simple message

Shinku Tora
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2018, 4:25 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Women get harassed a lot online. The cops don't want to be bothered with it most of the time because it's so prevalent. And they certainly don't want to be bothered by women who brought the harassment into their own lives by dating the guy they are being harassed by or by voluntarily giving away their phone number to the harasser. If you've never had the police refuse to press charges against someone threatening you or abusing you, you've never been a woman having to deal with the police.

But obviously my input is not welcome in this thread. That has been made clear. For future reference though, if you don't want feedback from women on your threads you should probably state that in the title or OP.

I keep saying and saying it, but: VICTIM COMPLEX. You're aware that all a woman has to do these days is point and scream "RAPE!" and whoever's unlucky enough to be on the other side of finger is going to have his life ruined, right? Even if the accusations are proven false, the damage will have been done and it will be almost impossible for him to find work or a place to live, not to mention friends or a significant other. I'm not saying that happens often, but the fact that it can happen is enough to prove your "Boo hoo, nobody cares about the ladies!" crap as false.

You do know that rape is investigated right...its simply false someone can simply point a finger and yell 'rape' to ruin someones life. It has to be investigated before any charges are brought against the potential perpetrator. Even recently a death metal band called Decapitated were accused of rape...and they were not charged because the authorities did not find enough supporting evidence and the accuser had some history of filing false reports of crime. So no, you can't just scream rape and point your finger to ruin someones life...well maybe unless you are someone with a lot of connections with money or sway in the law.

Maybe not legally, but once it reaches headlines and goes through the court of public opinion, no one ever even bothers to consider what the conclusion was. Worst case scenario, you’ve got Facebook groups and the like calling for either death or imprisonment of those that “got away with it”, ergo were found not guilty, showing it’s not at all about facts or evidence. For even the average person, this smears reputation for life.

gilding our minutes and hours;
Clouds came and covered the sun,
the breath of a baleful unease,
turning to ashes flowers in their fields,
silenced the birds in the trees.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 4:40 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Here's one I bet you've never heard before. I just got rejected for making an offhand comment about peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter.

Things were going really well before that. She was into a lot of the same things I am (a rarity, where I live) and was actually somewhat attractive. I told a couple of jokes, and she thought I was funny. So when I asked her if she wanted to text and she said she preferred to meet in person before exchanging phone numbers, I replied "I prefer peanut butter over Nutella."

She went quiet for about a half hour. That's because she was busy writing a freaking essay about how offended she was. Somehow, she was able to dig so deep into that stupid little joke that she took offense to it. Apparently by saying "I prefer peanut butter" right after she had said something about her own preferences, I was insinuating that what she wants was no more important than peanut butter or Nutella. And furthermore, she didn't think she could date anyone who was so insensitive to his partner's wants and needs. Goodbye, if I messaged her again she would report me for harassment. Also, she's blocking me.

All because of peanut butter.

It was just so ridiculous I had to share it with you guys. Some people...

i think your joke was hilarious :lol:

who needs such reactive drama queens anyway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 6:26 am

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The funny thing that women I talked to gave up their facebook information and send me / accept friend request way before giving any phone information - sometimes they're like , "no, but you can have my fb". So Phone info = dangerous, but facebook/Instagram info = safe? Where is the logic in that?

I guess because you can restrict privacy settings & block people? I'm wary of sharing facebook or instagram.

You can block people's phone numbers too, in both iOS and Android.

Still doesn't make sense, I don't ever recall in all instances that I was given a facebook that had strict privacy settings; they just gave me the full name, and described the pic they have. This happens sometimes with Tinder matches.

It doesn't make sense safety wise, FB is more dangerous when it comes to safety - I can learn from their FB things that I cannot from their phone number, I can know their job location, their town location (usually they put these info), the events and the places they frequent, their friends and our mutual friends...etc. And police can easily locate me by phone than by facebook which one can easily delete before any planned crime.
If I would have to learn all this via phone number, it would be via direct communication with her by asking questions, and she would certainly sense if the asker is trying to acquire dangerous info or not (ie. her home address).

Honestly, it's not only about safety - I think that giving up facebook info = 'just a friend for now' , while giving up phone info = 'interested in more'. That had always been true in my case.

The safest private communication tool would be something like Kik, which doesn't require a phone number nor a fb profile.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:04 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
I replied "I prefer peanut butter over Nutella."

You sound like a bit of a freak , Nutella wins every time over peanut butter , no wonder she rejected you , you are a weirdo :jester:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:24 am

SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

You sound like a bit of a freak , Nutella wins every time over peanut butter , no wonder she rejected you , you are a weirdo :jester:
What sort of crappy peanut butter have you been eating? Nuttella is just chocolate someone's already chewed for you and then spat out.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:37 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

What sort of crappy peanut butter have you been eating? Nuttella is just chocolate someone's already chewed for you and then spat out.

I am now composing an essay to reply to your comment.

Do you know that date we were going to go on , it aint happening now. If you can so easily invalidate my preference for Nuttela , you are not the girl you claimed to be. I am really hurt at your insinuation that I buy cheap peanut butter and like second hand chewed chocolate. My lawyer is now filing for an injunction order against you - Goodbye :P

P.S. Please forget my telephone number and email address and burn the nudes I sent you , I have already burned yours.

P.P.S I was never any good at essays

Last edited by SaveFerris on 05 Jul 2018, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julielovessleep
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2018, 7:46 am

This is the thing I find crazy about communication. The misunderstandings are endless. I can't read people's minds! Different things offend different people and I'm not really sure how we're supposed to be expected to know what offends whom.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:49 am

SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

Do you know that date we were going to go on , it aint happening now. If you can so easily invalidate my preference for Nuttela , you are not the girl you claimed to be. I am really hurt at your insinuation that I buy cheap peanut butter and like second hand chewed chocolate. My lawyer is now filing for an injunction order against you - Goodbye :P

P.S. Please forget my telephone number and email address and burn the nudes I sent you , I have already burned yours.

owww i was rooting for you guys :( give her one more chance, please, she still can be converted.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:55 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Peanut butter is better than nutella=you hate black people
That was my first thought to.

I was once accused of racism a while back when a friend of mine who is not white was eating toast and marmite , he managed to get it all over his face so I said "Look at you , marmite features" - this was met with shocked comments by my friends as if it was a racial slur 8O

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 7:57 am

Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

owww i was rooting for you guys :( give her one more chance, please, she still can be converted.

:lol: She's showing her true colours now Booya , I could never date anyone who disses the smokeless , spreadable crack :twisted:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:15 am

SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

Nutella is nasty. Worst than Xmas fruitcake....you FRUIT CAKE!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:19 am

I only see Nutella in the UK.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:20 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

:lol: She's showing her true colours now Booya , I could never date anyone who disses the smokeless , spreadable crack :twisted:

but remember how your great grandfather Archibald stood by your aunt Tess even if she was at first a devoted Marmite lover.