So it turns out some girls assume I am gay.

Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 2:41 am

SilverStar wrote:
Being called "gay" by a women usually means a woman is interested in you romantically, but you aren't showing any interest in them back (which most guys do). This isn't always a bad thing!

This is usually said about hottie six-packed guys who won’t make a move.
But I don’t think this is my case.

Look at the conversation, even my gf hinted (she is *never* direct in the way she communicates) that I am “soft and gentle all around” and even hinted on my posture. She even hinted that men with “strong appearance” tend to be womanizer.

So I guess what she is trying to say that I am not masculine/macho looking and sounding enough.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 2:49 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabra, I do have a beard, always like 1 week beard.

Sounds gay. Grow it longer.

You know what’s funny tho, this girl is East Asian- and the guys of her country rarely grow beards.
She comes from a country which is very tolerant of non-heterosexual orientations btw, like light years ahead than middle east and even most christian countries.

They don’t tend to be macho looking if I compare myself to them, same body build too.
So maybe she considers most of her countrymen as men by this logic.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 2:56 am

This is ridiculous - so if you're not a macho jerk/womaniser, by default you're gay?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:00 am

Boo, is your forum persona very different from the one you portray in real life?
Answer honestly. If they are, I can see why they would assume that.

People used to think I was gay a lot in the past because of character traits I used to have.
There are some considered more masculine than others, and there's no real changing that no matter how much people want to shatter those norms.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:10 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Boo, is your forum persona very different from the one you portray in real life?

People used to think I was gay a lot in the past because of character traits I used to have.
There are some considered more masculine than others, and there's no real changing that no matter how much people want to shatter those norms.

It’s the same persona, I have been a decade here, do you really think I was acting and projecting a fake persona for a whole decade? lol

But in the forum you can’t see me , see my posture or hear my voice; also the lack of social skills can’t be seen here- I guess these are keys.
Of course, I admit that in real life when I meet strangers for the first time I wouldn’t be blunt as i am in a forum. I guess everyone is more blunt online tho.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:21 am

Booyakasha wrote:
This is ridiculous - so if you're not a macho jerk/womaniser, by default you're gay?

I recall an incident in high school that I will never forget, I overheard my guy best friend telling a female classmate: “ No, <myName> loves girls I swear!”. What’s funny that I had a crush on this girl in particular.

Then they noticed I was just behind them and I asked what’s all this about, my friend was like “tell her that you love girls, dude!”.
I asked her why she thought I don’t, she literally said that because she never saw me flirting with any girl in school or even ogle at someone.

I thought only teen girls would think in that way, apparently I was wrong.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jul 2018, 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

It’s the same persona, I have been a decade here, do you really think I was acting and projecting a fake persona for a whole decade? lol

A simple yes or no would have sufficed. You'd be amazed how long people can lead double lives.
But fair enough. Then it might be more about visual perception. You'll figure it out, though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:28 am

^ and auditory perception too.
Maybe also behaviorable (like lack of flirting). Even though I see plenty of guys who aren’t flirty yet no one assumes them to be gay.
I am puzzled, I don’t know what else exactly.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:33 am

Who cares? serious question.

Also you stalk your girlfriends phone to read all her texts and texts back from contacts? I mean did your girl give you permission to post all her texts onto a public website? Or is she even aware you're logged into her phone to see anyone and everyone she ever talks to?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Also you stalk your girlfriends phone to read all her texts and texts back from contacts? I mean did your girl give you permission to post all her texts onto a public website?

The chat is from my own phone, I don’t touch my gf’s phone. What even made you think it was stolen from her phone? Can’t you see that my responses on the right while hers on the left, that’s the standard sides in chats.

If you don’t care, leave the thread.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jul 2018, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Also you stalk your girlfriends phone to read all her texts and texts back from contacts? I mean did your girl give you permission to post all her texts onto a public website?

The chat is from my own phone, I don’t touch my gf’s phone.

But curiousity kills, I mean seems like you post an awful lot of peoples texts and Instant messeges...So I just wonder why, what exactly are you trying to prove?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The chat is from my own phone, I don’t touch my gf’s phone.

But curiousity kills, I mean seems like you post an awful lot of peoples texts and Instant messeges...So I just wonder why, what exactly are you trying to prove?

Because it is a much more effective and easier way to explain what one said to me by showing part of the conversation.

All names or private info were hidden so stop being so dramatic.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jul 2018, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

I recall an incident in high school that I will never forget, I overheard my guy best friend telling a female classmate: “ No, <myName> loves girls I swear!”. What’s funny that I had a crush on this girl in particular.

Then they noticed I was just behind them and I asked what’s all this about, my friend was like “tell her that you love girls, dude!”.
I asked her why she thought I don’t, she literally said that because she never saw me flirting with any girl in school.

Seriously, I thought this must be a joke, since you're anything but gay in your writing.

If you have to act like a jerk, posture like a silverback gorilla, wink at everything that passes by so that you're not taken as something you're not, then that's ridiculous. I'd sooner think those who flirt with everything that moves are jerks who should be avoided.

Unless Lebanese men are usually extremely flirty and you just stand out because you're more withdrawn? I doubt it's because of the "soft voice" and "being too soft".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 3:51 am

Booyakasha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

I asked her why she thought I don’t, she literally said that because she never saw me flirting with any girl in school.

Seriously, I thought this must be a joke, since you're anything but gay in your writing.

If you have to act like a jerk, posture like a silverback gorilla, wink at everything that passes by so that you're not taken as something you're not, then that's ridiculous. I'd sooner think those who flirt with everything that moves are jerks who should be avoided.

Unless Lebanese men are usually extremely flirty and you just stand out because you're more withdrawn? I doubt it's because of the "soft voice" and "being too soft".

The most noticeable would be that my body build is smaller than most guys here, but I don’t think that’s the reason.

The school girl was lebanese, my gf and the adult girl are both from east asian countries.
So here you ago, I have sample examples in my life of girls thinking me like that from multiple cultures.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 4:05 am

You might not consider your gf opinions to have value, but when I read her words I could understand her point of view and until I read your posts I had considered if I had misjudged you.

You have a woman who loves you 'as you are'
and it seems to me you spurned her for it, for what... your vanity?

Also (if I were her) I would feel betrayed for exposing our intimate conversations in this way.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 4:08 am

One thing I will say is, whether or not people think you are gay, or you think they think you are gay..
The only opinion that matters in all of that is hers if you are satisfied with who you are.
Not ours or perhaps culturally differing Lebanese populous.