Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 8:29 am

My apologies to the OP, we've hijacked your thread.

Angelrho:
I'm talking about deciding that you're a couple.
The OP was asking about how to get a conversation started in the first place, but once you've got past that point and realise that you're getting along quite well and the other person maybe fancies you back, you can't just assume you're a couple now. Even the British have a conversation about that.

One of my friends tells it this way. She had been getting to know this guy in a group. He invited her for a walk in the park just the 2 of them and asked her, "do you want to go out with me." Here's your British term. We don't date, we "go out" with people. But that means you're boyfriend/girlfriend now. Well for them it did. They're married now.

I never get past the spending time together. The bloke usually bounces off and starts going out with someone else and I'm like, oh ok, that's the end of that then.

blockmaster1
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Oct 2018, 10:24 am

Lol its ok, I'm still going to talk to girl this week or next week(whenever I see her in class next), but reading this thread has been quite interesting lol!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 10:49 am

hurtloam wrote:
Ok. So as a fall back if this doesn't work out, build up a friend group of male Europeans and maybe something will grow out of that in a year or so.

How can you build up a new friend circle that easily?

For me, this is even harder than dating.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 10:58 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Ok. So as a fall back if this doesn't work out, build up a friend group of male Europeans and maybe something will grow out of that in a year or so.

How can you build up a new friend circle that easily?

For me, this is even harder than dating.

Ah, yeah there may be a flaw in this plan

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

I have posted a thread in the relevant section in which Mr AngelRho and myself (and anybody else) can continue our conversation. He says he isn't interested; either way, the offer is there:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=369618