Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:26 pm

What if we discarded this nonsense culture that says nobody ever reads texts from a guy like me & that every girl in the world is on Tinder?

What if there were a place, real or imaginary (i.e. online) where all presumptions, paranoia & anxiety were nullified so everybody could actually just talk? OF COURSE I DON'T MEAN FACEBOOK

What if online dating actually included the people who do real work with technology?

What if you realized you are more than a database entry?

What if everyone realized they've been sold as placeholders for advertising revenue by any & every social network or messaging company?

What if this forum entirely served its' purpose & we didn't need it anymore?

Seriously. What if we stopped using the internet to enforce useless social norms & actually used it as it was intended?

Clearly nobody wants to be asked difficult questions. Why is that? :jester:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

cberg wrote:
What if we discarded this nonsense culture that says nobody ever reads texts from a guy like me & that every girl in the world is on Tinder?
That would violate some heretofore undiscovered fundamental principle of the universe, at which time the universe would collapse into a singularity, and then be replaced by another universe that is identical in every way to this one, except that neither you nor Tinder would ever exist in it.
cberg wrote:
What if there were a place, real or imaginary (i.e., online) where all presumptions, paranoia & anxiety were nullified so everybody could actually just talk? OF COURSE I DON'T MEAN FACEBOOK
Ditto.
cberg wrote:
What if online dating actually included the people who do real work with technology?
Then the coolness factor of online dating sites would increase by a factor of 10, raised to the 36th power, and multiplied by the average I.Q. of all tech workers subscribing to that service.
cberg wrote:
I'd download into a better-looking and healthier meat body, that's for sure!
cberg wrote:
It would be re-purposed into a cat video archive.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:40 pm

I'm firmly convinced that none of my social difficulties actually exist. We made all that s**t up.

Last edited by cberg on 11 Oct 2018, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
cberg wrote:
cberg wrote:

Ok so considering all the people closest to me already know I was raised in said cat video archive, what should I do?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:42 pm

Quote:

I vote for this.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:43 pm

cberg wrote:
I'm firmly convinced that none of my social difficulties actually exist. We made all that s**t up.

Well of course you did.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm

cberg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cberg wrote:
cberg wrote:
Ok so considering all the people closest to me already know I was raised in said cat video archive, what should I do?
Meow, purr, and don't claw the furniture!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:13 pm

Oh. All I ever remembered to do previously was meow.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm

Raleigh wrote:
cberg wrote:

Well of course you did.

The problem is that I also had help, so I'm still trying to walk it all back without having all the pieces in place. I have to get back to people on their own terms in order to actually debunk all the misconceptions about me.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:40 pm

This is the dream which has led every social, religious, moral reformer in history: what if humans were generally good rather than base. The sad fact is, humans are, for the most part, irremediably base. The Church theologians who constructed the idea of Original Sin were absolutely right, though perhaps not in the way they thought.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:47 pm

Humans ARE animals, after all ... just a bunch of a poo-flinging monkeys who have learned how to control fire and operate a TV remote.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 6:00 pm

I don't necessarily agree with that statement. Network intelligence isn't limited to humans but we sure do a nice job with it.

Though it's not as if I didn't realize a majority of guys here would say this is pointless.

Last edited by cberg on 12 Oct 2018, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 6:08 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
This is the dream which has led every social, religious, moral reformer in history: what if humans were generally good rather than base. The sad fact is, humans are, for the most part, irremediably base. The Church theologians who constructed the idea of Original Sin were absolutely right, though perhaps not in the way they thought.

Are you saying that free will is an illusion insofar as we're powerless to change these things? I know for a fact I just met someone like that, she road raged at me after stealing the lane I turned from, all because I sped past when I saw bad driving. My primary fault was not honking first.

I'm not exactly religious so I'm not sure how this relates to people. I don't think it prevents anyone from bringing about such changes.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 6:17 pm

Another way of looking at this thread is that social anxiety is just as much a problem for NTs; I'm hunting for ways of alleviating that for all of us.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 6:26 pm

cberg wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

Are you saying that free will is an illusion insofar as we're powerless to change these things? I know for a fact I just met someone like that, she road raged at me after stealing the lane I turned from, all because I sped past when I saw bad driving. My primary fault was not honking first.

I'm not exactly religious so I'm not sure how this relates to people. I don't think it prevents anyone from bringing about such changes.

I don't know of any rational reasons to believe in free will, though I
feel something like free will must exist.

I'm not religious either, but I still believe, in a certain sense, in Original Sin.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 6:30 pm

I'm not aware of any rational reasons to believe humanity started off wrong, unless I look at that as the root cause of everything bad about history.