Pickup artists FOR Asperger's

Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Scipio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2018, 12:41 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
PUA is rape culture.

No it isn't. ISIS is a rape culture. If we lived in a rape culture, nobody would ever bother learning PUA skills or social skills in general because they would be able to get away with just going out and raping whoever they found attractive. As it stands currently, at least in the US, the fear of even being accused of raping or sexually assaulting a woman is so extreme that it is turning thousands upon thousands of terrified young men into MGTOWs.

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 12:42 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:51 pm

Scipio wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
PUA is rape culture.

No it isn't. ISIS is a rape culture. If we lived in a rape culture, nobody would ever bother learning PUA skills or social skills in general because they would be able to get away with just going out and raping whoever they found attractive. As it stands currently, at least in the US, the fear of even being accused of raping or sexually assaulting a woman is so extreme that it is turning thousands upon thousands of terrified young men into MGTOWs.

Uh-huh.

:lol:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:08 pm

Scipio wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:13 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Scipio wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I have nothing further to contribute but god I just wanted to say I LMAO how this thread became a meme fiesta... just read that in Russell Crowe's voice lol :twisted: . but I don't mind since I think the OP was kinda not serious about ACTUALLY believing PUA artists, so a bit of laughter won't do anyone harm.

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 1:26 pm

Chummy wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Scipio wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I have nothing further to contribute but god I just wanted to say I LMAO how this thread became a meme fiesta... just read that in Russell Crowe's voice lol :twisted: . but I don't mind since I think the OP was kinda not serious about ACTUALLY believing PUA artists, so a bit of laughter won't do anyone harm.

Aw you're a poor sport. haha.

I think the poster was probably serious but I of course can't know that for sure. I was entirely serious in everything I said though and I won't take any of it back. And, if you read my posts (which would admittedly take some time), you'd see that I'm not describing myself as a PUA and I'm advising against seeking out people who currently do describe themselves as such. You don't have to take up the identity to learn the skills in the same way you don't have to be a journeyman plumber to learn how to fix your sink.

Last edited by Scipio on 30 Oct 2018, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:29 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Scipio wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
PUA is rape culture.

Uh-huh.

I know you are mocking and being biased as usual.

But he has a point tho, I was never into PUA because it feels so fake to apply them.

However, PUA can be accused as “hookup culture”, “player culture”, “sex for fun culture”, “seduction culture”... and even “manipulation culture”, so I can see why women hate it (as much as a man I hate the Rules book because it objectifies men as wallets)... but I never encountered a pua material encouraging non-consensual sex, so I can’t see any rape culture in it, calling it so is a hyperbol.
Isis does tho (encouraging rape and sex slavery), he is absolutely right in that; any civilized society is anti-rape as a whole (rape is punishable in those societies), saying otherwise is just an unrealistic drama talk.

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 1:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Scipio wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
PUA is rape culture.

Uh-huh.

But he has a point tho, I was never into PUA because it feels so fake to apply them.

However, PUA can be accused as “hookup culture”, “player culture”, “sex for fun culture”.... but I never encountered a pua material encouraging non-consensual sex, so I can’t see any rape culture in it.
Isis does tho (encouraging rape and sex slavery), he is absolutely right in that; any civilized society is anti-rape as a whole (rape is punishable in those societies), saying otherwise is just unrealistic drama talk.

That is fair. PUA can definitely be reasonably accused of promoting a "hookup culture" or "player culture" or at least encouraging people to learn how to take advantage of and win in such a culture that already existed. That is a big part of why I do not describe myself as a PUA, although I do have respect for those original guys who were just trying to figure out how to be socially competent back when there were very few if any resources for such things and a massive stigma against anyone who publicly sought out help for being socially deficient.

Last edited by Scipio on 30 Oct 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:36 pm

^ post edited

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 1:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ post edited

Mine or yours?

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:39 pm

@Scipio yeah, I also always post out of the assumption the OP is serious (like my previous post). I mean, the reason PUA are successful and have lots of views on YT is also related to single guys clicking those vids hoping they could actually use some knowledge or tricks they have up their sleeve. That's why it's kind of "hustling", because not only some of those vids are staged to get money/internet reputation, but there is no end goal here - just harrassing girls (I don't know any example of a PUA artist actually doing this to get a GF rather than "show skill" like this is some kind of a desirable skill to get as much girls' numbers as possible without doing anything - basically a waste of time. If a PUA falls in love with a girl he hit on during the act, he will stop being PUA after dating her.).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:41 pm

Scipio wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ post edited

Mine or yours?

Mine.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:49 pm

A real example of a rape / sexual abuse / sex slavery (Master and “sub” doesn’t ring a bell to anyone?) culture is the BDSM culture.

Yet a lot of people (of both genders) get so defensive of it when I say so, hmmmm. They even insist that the bdsm is a consent-oriented encouring using a secret word to stop the rape-like simulation sex, and other bs.

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 3:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A real example of a rape / sexual abuse / sex slavery (Master and “sub” doesn’t ring a bell to anyone?) culture is the BDSM culture.

Yet a lot of people (of both genders) get so defensive of it when I say so, hmmmm. They even insist that the bdsm is a consent-oriented encouring using a secret word to stop the rape-like simulation sex, and other bs.

What is really funny is the fact that 50 Shades of Grey the best selling book of all time rivaled only by the Bible and the Quran which both had over a 1000-year head start and come with the promise of a happy afterlife (as opposed to the crappy afterlife promised by the Greek polytheists or the no afterlife offered by the Sadducees).

Also, the BDSM community (if it can be called a community) is mostly populated with feminists oddly enough. They play the fantasy with their safe words and all that but, once the fantasy ends and they go back into the real world, it's a totally different ballgame. I knew one girl who was into this stuff while I was in the army (she was also in the army) and she was as left-leaning and feministy as anyone in real life (and she was a soldier obviously) but she just liked the fantasy of giving up control every now and then and letting someone else take the reigns.

Scipio

30 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

Chummy wrote:
@Scipio yeah, I also always post out of the assumption the OP is serious (like my previous post). I mean, the reason PUA are successful and have lots of views on YT is also related to single guys clicking those vids hoping they could actually use some knowledge or tricks they have up their sleeve. That's why it's kind of "hustling", because not only some of those vids are staged to get money/internet reputation, but there is no end goal here - just harrassing girls (I don't know any example of a PUA artist actually doing this to get a GF rather than "show skill" like this is some kind of a desirable skill to get as much girls' numbers as possible without doing anything - basically a waste of time. If a PUA falls in love with a girl he hit on during the act, he will stop being PUA after dating her.).

You're absolutely right and I agree with you. I tend to really dislike the Youtube PUA guys myself as, aside from the fact that much of their stuff is staged (which was not actually common in the old days because other guys would call it out in the community - but there is not really a community anymore, it is just a bunch of lone wolves skulking around and not really cooperating or communicating with each other), they are usually pretty sleazy and I generally prefer to distance myself from guys who dedicate their entire lives to women as it can easily turn you into a boring person. Women are not bad and it is definitely nice to have good ones in your life, especially if you can manage a healthy long-term relationship, have a family, etc. but, in my view, it is unwise to make women your god (for lack of a better expression). It is always good to have other stuff going on in your life too for the sake of your own mental well-being so that you don't wind up having a complete psychological meltdown like Mystery (Erik Von Markovik) did and for the fact that women are not usually into guys whose sole occupation and passion in life is seducing other women. You're going to need something else to talk with her about during your dates and movie nights that is a bit less off-putting.

"If a PUA falls in love with a girl he hit on during the act, he will stop being PUA after dating her." - I agree with you here too and this is another reason I don't identify as a PUA personally. The original goal of most (but admittedly not all) people who got into the PUA stuff originally was to become the most attractive versions of themselves they could be so that they could sort through and select the girl who would be the best match for them. In the long run, I think that is the best way to go as, to be honest (and speaking from experience) you can burn yourself out and become numb in terms of your ability to bond with a woman. It takes a lot more for a guy to burnout than it takes for a woman on average but it does happen and it's something that guys should bear in mind when they decide to begin learning. The goal is to improve your life and transform yourself into the kind of person who can get what you can't get now, not to be an amoral hedonist and douse both lit ends of your candle with gasoline. This is of course assuming that you want a long term relationship at some point, which the overwhelming majority of men do, especially when they start getting grey hairs.

Last edited by Scipio on 30 Oct 2018, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 3:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Scipio wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
PUA is rape culture.

Uh-huh.

However, PUA can be accused as “hookup culture”, “player culture”, “sex for fun culture”, “seduction culture”... and even “manipulation culture”, so I can see why women hate it (as much as a man I hate the Rules book because it objectifies men as wallets)... but I never encountered a pua material encouraging non-consensual sex, so I can’t see any rape culture in it, calling it so is a hyperbol.
Isis does tho (encouraging rape and sex slavery), he is absolutely right in that; any civilized society is anti-rape as a whole (rape is punishable in those societies), saying otherwise is just an unrealistic drama talk.

I was laughing at the idea that thousands of poor, terrified young men are fleeing into the arms of MGTOW.

If men are "terrified" of women speaking out against rape and sexual assault, it's time to do some serious soul-searching.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)