Bigotry against involuntarily celibate men

Page 1 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2018, 7:19 am

Elliot Rodger and copy cats since 2014 are to blame for the bigotry towards involuntary celibate men. It is best not to join 4chan, reddit and other negative forums where incels hang out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 8:57 am

Why would anybody want to hang out with this bunch of idiots?

magnetowasright
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Oct 2018, 8:03 pm

Aspie19828 wrote:
Elliot Rodger and copy cats since 2014 are to blame for the bigotry towards involuntary celibate men. It is best not to join 4chan, reddit and other negative forums where incels hang out.

They are responsible for the acts of violence and hate they spew.

People who make broad generalizations about diverse demographics are responsible for their own actions. Nobody goes around saying ISIS is to blame for Islamophobia. Islamophobes are to blame for Islamophobia.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Oct 2018, 8:48 pm

Aspie19828 wrote:

It's funny to me that you would put 4chan and Reddit in the same category. Redditors are usually looked down upon as being too normie/tame on those boards. They try really hard to distance themselves (and hide that a large number browse both).

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:17 pm

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspE wrote:
No one objects to the celibacy part, just the involuntary part. No one else is to blame for your decision. No one owes you sex.

Involuntarily means not by your choice
Stop making it into a bad word.

That's not celibacy. It's rather a sexually active being who has difficulty finding a partner.

having or involving no sexual relations.

phantasmagoria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2018, 6:00 am

Why do people feel the need to refer to themselves as "incels"? Do they feel this provides them some kind of identity and sense of belonging?

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2018, 6:21 am

MGTOW is a more positive alternative option to involuntary celibate. It is media, Hollywood and Western society that put a higher importance on sexual relationships. By being MGTOW you choose to be celibate by choice, you now have freedom and choose to be celibate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:47 am

MGTOW guarantees that you will never get a girlfriend----should you keep faithful to the ideology.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:51 am

I am a FWB by choice.

A nose coworker asked me today when I am gonna get married; and I was like "oh, I am simply happy in my fwb situation; I don't want marriage" (he's Syrian, and in their culture they get married SUPER fast even compared to here, ie. knowing the girl in week 1, meeting the parents in week 2, married already in month 1, it's that crazy).

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2018, 10:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
(he's Syrian, and in their culture they get married SUPER fast even compared to here, ie. knowing the girl in week 1, meeting the parents in week 2, married already in month 1, it's that crazy).

That's gotta be a lot of unhappy couples. And I assume getting a divorce down there isn't exactly a simple process, either. :I

magnetowasright
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2018, 5:19 pm

phantasmagoria wrote:
Why do people feel the need to refer to themselves as "incels"? Do they feel this provides them some kind of identity and sense of belonging?

I don't know that I refer to myself as an incel. But the fact that I have not been able to get a girlfriend or partner for most of my adult life, and have not had a girlfriend in over ten years is part of the reality of my existence.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:02 pm

phantasmagoria wrote:

Why do people feel the need to identify as Caucasian or Americans etc cause it’s s defined term that they meet.

I’m not having sec and it’s not by choice so I’m I voluntarily celibate. It’s not rock science
Why do people have to make the term out to be something horrible just cause some who meet and use it did bad things.
The same people say you can’t do they for Muslims. Should people stop identifying as Muslims?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:06 pm

I don't mind the full term. I don't like the abbreviated term.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't mind the full term. I don't like the abbreviated term.

Why do abbreviations offend you?
Does OR ? It just means Oregon.
Abbreviations are to save time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:43 pm

I don't like what "incel" means....that's all. I don't like the meaning that it has acquired.

I don't mind "involuntarily celibate." I was "involuntarily celibate" once.

That's my feeling.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 8:30 pm

AspE wrote:
No one objects to the celibacy part, just the involuntary part. No one else is to blame for your decision. No one owes you sex.
No one owes you sex but it is not your decision. It is a decision reached by mutual consensus. So yes, it can depend on factors entirely outside of your control.