Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:23 pm

when you first encounter a woman, what makes you want to get to know her better?

(i'm hoping for things that can be influenced or changed. ie. while "big chest" is a great reason for wanting to hang out with a woman, I can't change my size :oops: )

magicrabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jan 2019, 4:32 pm

Technically you can change your weight. My chest got bigger when I gained several pounds although I'd rather be slimmer with a smaller chest. I've found that many (not all) guys decide they want to know a girl better if they want to get in her pants. Obviously, I haven't had the greatest experiences. But if you're talking about people in general, what makes me want to get to know someone better is if they are open and friendly. I like candid conversations and talking to people who aren't afraid to say what they think. Also, good hygiene and clean clothes always helps.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 7:45 pm

i just wondered if there was anything else i could do besides act more sexual to let guys know if i like them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jan 2019, 7:57 pm

I want to get to know women better if they seem nice towards me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2019, 8:06 pm

Ask follow up questions?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm

I mostly look for people with the same interests.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 9:05 pm

You can change your size. Lipo for smaller, implants for bigger.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 12:58 am

modernmax wrote:
You can change your size. Lipo for smaller, implants for bigger.
There's also some meds & maybe some supplements that can make them bigger but it's kinda a long term thing

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 10:46 am

I am most attracted to intelligence, with physical appearance a distant second. Yes, I know that is not how most men think or act.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 1:08 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
I am most attracted to intelligence, with physical appearance a distant second. Yes, I know that is not how most men think or act.

how do you detect intelligence when you first encounter a woman?
what does she say or do to make you realize she is intelligent?

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2019, 7:11 pm

It depends on the guy. Some guys are very superficial and their interest will be based on stuff like size and height etc. Some guys will hinge their interest on your passions and interests and what you talk about. Personally I think most guys fall somewhere in between (although who knows these days).

I would point out that acting more sexual may not be the best way to connect with guys because that can indicate to them you're not interested in anything but a physical relationship.

My advice would be to focus on connecting with him on a personal level by talking about your interests and what you do in your life (and of course talk to him about his). Leave him to make the decision on whether he is physically attracted to you or not.

Probably off challenging as many social norms in as little time as possible

Astroecho

18 Jan 2019, 7:24 pm

I read a thread on another AS site and it was asking if there was a 'type' the guys on there went for. The consensus seemed to be intelligent, kind and artistic. The more I got to read up on Aspie girls the more I realised they were looking for their aspie counterparts.
I wouldn't 'act' more sexual... asking for attention from the wrong types and will end in tears.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 7:34 pm

Open body language - turning their body or feet towards you, arms and legs uncrossed, showing their wrist, eye contact, mirroring, dilation of the pupils
Friendliness.
Interesting conversation.
If they "take the piss" or tease me they get extra points.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 9:00 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Open body language - turning their body or feet towards you, arms and legs uncrossed, showing their wrist, eye contact, mirroring, dilation of the pupils
Friendliness.
Interesting conversation.
If they "take the piss" or tease me they get extra points.

They always teach in behavioural studies that crossed arms is a sign of defensiveness or trying to hide something. I generally cross my arms when standing as I find it comfortable. I feel silly with them just dangling by my sides! When I was teaching I would always have to counter the mainstream teaching because of that. Just like someone having shaky hands. Supposedly a sign of nervousness. Also a sign of Parkinson’s. I definitely agree though with the extra points for teasing. :D

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 9:09 pm

I'm attracted to all kinds of girls/women. I just want them to be nice to me. In fact, a lot of times I find that my attraction for them intensifies when they show interest in me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I'm attracted to all kinds of girls/women. I just want them to be nice to me. In fact, a lot of times I find that my attraction for them intensifies when they show interest in me.
Same here for me. There are other things I like in women but they're not huge factors or anything. My current girlfriend doesn't meet all of them but it's OK I really do love her despite that. I became attracted to most any girl who was nice to me after a bit(who wasn't much older than me, already in a relationship, or an out lesbian) but unfortunately they only saw me as a friend & some even got upset because they thought I was gay.