Page 6 of 74 [ 1170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 74  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 3:47 pm

Another thing about incels saying they cannot get women, is it because they go for women who are out of their league, and will not go for ones they can get who would be more emotionally available, or have they tried all leagues pretty much and it has never worked with any type of woman?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:48 pm

After reading nearly every "I Can't Get A Date" post and thread written by incels on this website, I have to agree with the following professional assessment:

Quote:
Incel society is comprised mainly of young men who feel entitled to sex with women and -- in the most extreme cases -- believe violence is a solution for their relational and sexual frustrations.

These young men are disillusioned, angry, and are looking for relational and/or sexual validation to temper all their past insecurities, hurts, and deep wounds. Some have experienced abuse, neglect, or humiliation from loved ones. Some have been bullied and teased mercilessly for their looks, interests, and even ethnic heritage.

What they feel is a sense of rejection: They have no one to confide in about their physical, emotional, or relational traumas growing up. Without a human being to give them a sense of security, emotional attachment, and bonding, they are left to fend for themselves, so they look for validation via online forums, websites, and social media. But with few real relationships, their emotional growth is stunted. Instead of taking ownership and responsibility for their hurts, they are stuck in a perpetual cycle of shame and blame.

They feel the shame of inadequacy, defectiveness, and abject self-hatred that can eventually lead them to blame attractive members of society for their lot in life.

These young men are often also devoid of true male role models. Instead, they turn to authors of books who "teach" them how to pick-up women using tactics that hinge on targeting women's insecurities. These are their mentors into adulthood.

In addition, toxic masculinity has often taught these men to never show weakness, to degrade women, and to objectify them. Consequently, they detach from themselves and others. They struggle with connection, vulnerability, and authenticity. They are challenged to find their core, their true self, and their sense of purpose; but instead fantasize that a sexual relationship will cure what ails them, not realizing it is a mirage: The tonic for their souls can not be found externally but must be found internally.

Source:  This Psychology Today Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 02 Jul 2021, 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:52 pm

Nades wrote:
Over the course if the night I learned a lot about the people around me and her. She spoke in a soft and gentle manner and didn't care about your looks, money, creed or race. She was a woman who could clearly see past any disability and it didn't matter if you were socially awkward. She visits this spot regularly along with the men who all seem to get along great.

So, this woman was having sex with strangers in a dark, secluded meeting spot. Multiple men as the night went on. And she was the only woman present?

There are two possible scenarios here as to what this woman is, neither of them good. This is not constructive advice on how to meet a woman. And, honestly, I'm worried about you if you're this naive.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 5:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Random thoughts from around the Internet...

One of the problems with Incels is that they tend to make assumptions about women — what women want in men and in relationships especially — that simply aren't true. In fact, many of these assumptions tend to come from other men, instead of women.

Even when told by women what those women want, Incels will deny the truth and point to the their own experiences as proof that no women wants any of those things -- what they don't seem to see is that women don't want those things from them and that they will seek those qualities out in other men.

What you said in the last sentence of the above quote is even more hurtful. Don't you think?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 5:34 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Even when told by women what those women want, Incels will deny the truth and point to the their own experiences as proof that no women wants any of those things -- what they don't seem to see is that women don't want those things from them and that they will seek those qualities out in other men.
What you said in the last sentence of the above quote is even more hurtful. Don't you think?
Hurtful?  Not intentionally.  Truthful?  One need only browse through any of the threads on this website that feature men complaining about not having girlfriends or getting dates with women to see the truth of what I posted (more than two years ago, btw).

You will find, in many instances, what I stated above is exactly what happens -- women may be looking for certain qualities; but for other reasons (i.e., appearance, attitude, unemployment, et cetera), those women are not looking for those qualities in those men.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over the course if the night I learned a lot about the people around me and her. She spoke in a soft and gentle manner and didn't care about your looks, money, creed or race. She was a woman who could clearly see past any disability and it didn't matter if you were socially awkward. She visits this spot regularly along with the men who all seem to get along great.

So, this woman was having sex with strangers in a dark, secluded meeting spot. Multiple men as the night went on. And she was the only woman present?

There are two possible scenarios here as to what this woman is, neither of them good. This is not constructive advice on how to meet a woman. And, honestly, I'm worried about you if you're this naive.

I'm assuming either a prostitute or a very friendly swinger/dogger...

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 6:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Hurtful?  Not intentionally.  Truthful?  One need only browse through any of the threads on this website that feature men complaining about not having girlfriends or getting dates with women to see the truth of what I posted (more than two years ago, btw).

You will find, in many instances, what I stated above is exactly what happens -- women may be looking for certain qualities; but for other reasons (i.e., appearance, attitude, unemployment, et cetera), those women are not looking for those qualities in those men.

If a woman is looking for a certain quality, but not from me, that is extremely hurtful. Because its like saying I am so inherently bad that even those qualities the woman is looking for, they won't count if they are from me.

So its like what am I supposed to do? If a woman wants certain quality, fine, I can make that quality. But if she says "no, not from you", that is extremely unfair. I can't change my very being. Why did she mark me, ME, as someone who is inherently bad no matter what they do.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm

Love and attraction isn't "fair."

And no one owes anyone a relationship.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:02 pm

QFT wrote:
If a woman is looking for a certain quality, but not from me, that is extremely hurtful. Because its like saying I am so inherently bad that even those qualities the woman is looking for, they won't count if they are from me.

So its like what am I supposed to do? If a woman wants certain quality, fine, I can make that quality. But if she says "no, not from you", that is extremely unfair. I can't change my very being. Why did she mark me, ME, as someone who is inherently bad no matter what they do.

It doesn't need to be fair, she's entitled to not be interested in you. It happens to everyone even if it doesn't happen equally to everyone.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Hurtful?  Not intentionally.  Truthful?  One need only browse through any of the threads on this website that feature men complaining about not having girlfriends or getting dates with women to see the truth of what I posted (more than two years ago, btw). You will find, in many instances, what I stated above is exactly what happens -- women may be looking for certain qualities; but for other reasons (i.e., appearance, attitude, unemployment, et cetera), those women are not looking for those qualities in those men.
If a woman is looking for a certain quality, but not from me, that is extremely hurtful. Because its like saying I am so inherently bad that even those qualities the woman is looking for, they won't count if they are from me. So its like what am I supposed to do? If a woman wants certain quality, fine, I can make that quality. But if she says "no, not from you", that is extremely unfair. I can't change my very being. Why did she mark me, ME, as someone who is inherently bad no matter what they do.
Dude, calm down!  This thread is not about you!  If you have problems with rejection, then YOU have the problem, not the people rejecting you.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:24 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Relationships are more than a shopping list. There is also the undefinable element called chemistry. In any group of 30 theoretically eligible men, a woman is going to only notice chemistry with a few. To create a relationship, you want the qualities AND the chemistry, which narrows it down even further.

Shoot, a man can be incredibly good looking, check all the boxes on paper, and a woman can still instinctively know he isn’t the one for her.

What are you supposed to do? Broaden the pool you engage with to increase the odds of having enough factors - including chemistry - line up.

Rejection isn’t someone saying you aren’t worthy; it is someone recognizing you aren’t a pair made for each other. We’re all shuffling through thousands of puzzle pieces, all of equal theoretical value, to find our match, the one piece that fits.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm

A guy on a men's lib site explained it thusly:

Dating isn't about worthiness. Dating is like a puzzle. Some people fit together, some people don't.

Hanging your self-worth on whether you can get a date is a fool's errand

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 4:11 am

Chemistry is a bit special in regards to autism. I think that if you want true chemistry as autistic, you need to look for other autistic people. Which is part of the problem. This means that increasing your dating pool is not a good idea since you are likely to just add more neurotypical people. Instead, you need to change the composition of your dating pool so it becomes more autistic.

Also, it's impossible to judge chemistry (at least autistic chemistry) with online dating. You need to meet people in real-life.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 4:15 am

Fnord wrote:
If you have problems with rejection, then YOU have the problem, not the people rejecting you.[/color]

I'd rather say that people having problems with rejection should not ask out or involving in typical dating. There are better ways than dating to get a partner if you dislike dating or cannot handle rejection.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 4:20 am

QFT wrote:

I'd never consider anybody with relationship shopping lists. These people are not compatible with me. A partner should not be a social project that I can show off to the world, rather should be a mental project that makes me happy. Shopping lists are for people wanting somebody to show off.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 4:35 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Nades wrote:

I'm assuming either a prostitute or a very friendly swinger/dogger...

Yep hooker or sex addict