Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

HenryJonesJr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2018, 12:05 pm

I haven't found this -- I have been single for quite a while now, at least 5 years I think -- but my dream is to find a girl who is like me in that she likes to be involved in hobbies like reading, shows, projects, etc, and we can be together comfortably and do our hobbies together. I have never found this so far in my 34 years, but I have a pair of friends who are a married couple and they seem to have something like this. Like them, I wish I could have a relationship that is based on a solid and deep friendship, along with all the other things like passion, etc. Anyways, this is post is just me dreaming.

I called the post happy alone together because I am usually happiest when I am alone enjoying a book or a project or something like that, but I always think how nice it would be to have someone I love and respect and could connect with and peacefully coexist with around while I am doing it.

colossalfailure

31 Dec 2018, 12:19 pm

HenryJonesJr wrote:
I haven't found this -- I have been single for quite a while now, at least 5 years I think -- but my dream is to find a girl who is like me in that she likes to be involved in hobbies like reading, shows, projects, etc, and we can be together comfortably and do our hobbies together. I have never found this so far in my 34 years, but I have a pair of friends who are a married couple and they seem to have something like this. Like them, I wish I could have a relationship that is based on a solid and deep friendship, along with all the other things like passion, etc. Anyways, this is post is just me dreaming.

I called the post happy alone together because I am usually happiest when I am alone enjoying a book or a project or something like that, but I always think how nice it would be to have someone I love and respect and could connect with and peacefully coexist with around while I am doing it.

I share your sentiment but I also think that its impossible to be happy if you dont have a girlfriend

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 12:21 pm

Yes, I think that would be a nice set up.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Dec 2018, 10:32 pm

My girlfriend has some hobbies I don't share like reading, writing, & art. She doesn't do them nearly as much as she used to cuz she's kinda stressed & frustrated alot with our living environment & situation. Anyways I sometimes hang out with her while she does them just so I can spend time with her cuz I LOVE spending time with her. My hobbies are mostly being on computer, watching TV, & playing vid games sometimes. Cass plays vid games a lot lately that are one player so I hang out with her while she plays. I also watch TV shows with her that I don't care for so I can be with her. She sometimes watches me play vid games & she watches shows with me she doesn't particularly care for but she may do things on her tablet while sitting with me. It works for us.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 4:50 am

So what’s your question?

HenryJonesJr

01 Jan 2019, 8:32 pm

nick007: Congrats on having a good relationship. Hope your living situation improves.

The_Face_of_Boo: Do all posts have to contain questions? I don't think I have one.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2019, 8:58 pm

HenryJonesJr wrote:
nick007: Congrats on having a good relationship. Hope your living situation improves.
Thanx Henry. Our realtionship is far from perfect but we both put forth a lot of effort & try our best. It's just we have various issues & they can clash or we can get frustrated with each other sometimes. We're on waiting lists for different apartments so hopefully we can get approved for a new one fairly soon.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition