Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 4:48 pm

Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read is from fake dating site accounts. Like this one...

"We am a rather a simple person, leaning back and for most part I stay calm. A lot associated with time has passed since I was on a date or something else, nevertheless! I think I"m getting a little lonely."

Do you have any good ones?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 7:24 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read is from fake dating site accounts. Like this one...

"We am a rather a simple person, leaning back and for most part I stay calm. A lot associated with time has passed since I was on a date or something else, nevertheless! I think I"m getting a little lonely."

They actually purposely make spam/scam bots seem illiterate like that because they figure if people are willing to look past the terrible nonsensical use of language like that, they're the kind of people who will fall for the scam

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 7:30 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

They actually purposely make spam/scam bots seem illiterate like that because they figure if people are willing to look past the terrible nonsensical use of language like that, they're the kind of people who will fall for the scam

Right. I work in fraud prevention, and that sounds exactly like something a fraudster would do.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 4:17 pm

Here's another good one:

"I am a form heartedly hard working I listen to music of all types and take pleasure in nature, I am fed up with the games I possess wasted in the last 14 years trying to please someone who can never check in with my value, I actually don?t want anyone I actually took care of me personally, but I do not necessarily want to value anyone, nor do I feel that relationships take 2"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 4:48 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:

I suppose but it’s also a dead give away to most people.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:

I was today years old when I learned this.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 5:08 pm

modernmax wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

I was today years old when I learned this.

It's the same with spam emails, and why they're still using things like the Nigerian Prince scam. If you're stupid enough to fall for that, there's no end to the money they can make off of you.