Would you date a guy who plays video games?

Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Would you date a guy who plays video games?
Yes 76%  76%  [ 35 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 46

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:47 am

hurtloam wrote:
Did you ever play Zoo Tycoon Sly?

They have a new version on Steam. I'm so playing this when I get paid!!

Zoo Tycoon on Steam

Edit - Oh no! The reviews say it's not like the original :(

I tried playing tropica it evennwith chears my nation falls apart and they rise up against me, I’m not good at such games they’re too complicated for me I guess.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 10:51 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Did you ever play Zoo Tycoon Sly?

They have a new version on Steam. I'm so playing this when I get paid!!

Zoo Tycoon on Steam

Edit - Oh no! The reviews say it's not like the original :(

I tried playing tropica it evennwith chears my nation falls apart and they rise up against me, I’m not good at such games they’re too complicated for me I guess.

I think you would find zoo tycoon playable. If you are having trouble just release some hungry predators and lock the guests in.

But I'd by the physical game not the steam one from what she said.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 2:59 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Yes, if he was a casual player who worked and did other things most of the time, like myself.

I play for a few hours each night if a game I like is out, otherwise a few hours once a week.

I wouldn’t date someone unemployed who plays games all day, no. But that’s more about the person, not the video games.

Online games are always out.
I game for 1-3 hours before work and then sometime all day on weekends when nit doing something for house.

You have a job, so what I said doesn’t apply to you.

I wouldn’t mind if the guy was redundant and actively looking for a job, I’ve been there. It’s people who make no effort to find work at all who do it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 3:45 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Yes, if he was a casual player who worked and did other things most of the time, like myself.

I play for a few hours each night if a game I like is out, otherwise a few hours once a week.

I wouldn’t date someone unemployed who plays games all day, no. But that’s more about the person, not the video games.

I game for 1-3 hours before work and then sometime all day on weekends when nit doing something for house.

I wouldn’t mind if the guy was redundant and actively looking for a job, I’ve been there. It’s people who make no effort to find work at all who do it.

I think if I lose this job and given how long it will take to find another I spend few months playing games and going to the gym to lose weight.
I dont know if I’d ever get another job after this one :(

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:10 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think it's like 80% of autistic people who are unemployed because of prejudice or because the world of work doesn't work around our needs.

Personally I don't mind an autistic partner who is productive but unemployed. This is the situation I'm in. I'm in ESA support category which means I can't work but I do courses and work as an artist and poet. I send my poetry out into the world and want to start making art where I feel confident sending it out too.

What would bother me is if what they're doing with their time is just playing video games or watching TV. And at least gaming is active. The TV thing would bother me way more.

If you're (generic you) in the same boat as I am and can't work and am on ESA support group, I suggest you do something productive or try to learn things. If gaming is your life I suggest you take up programming and make games of your own.

The world doesn't want autistic people in its economy but that shouldn't make us idle.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:32 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think if I lose this job and given how long it will take to find another I spend few months playing games and going to the gym to lose weight.
I dont know if I’d ever get another job after this one :(

You would. You haven’t lost it have you? Hopefully you don’t have to find another one.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:34 am

TUF wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think it's like 80% of autistic people who are unemployed because of prejudice or because the world of work doesn't work around our needs.

Personally I don't mind an autistic partner who is productive but unemployed. This is the situation I'm in. I'm in ESA support category which means I can't work but I do courses and work as an artist and poet. I send my poetry out into the world and want to start making art where I feel confident sending it out too.

What would bother me is if what they're doing with their time is just playing video games or watching TV. And at least gaming is active. The TV thing would bother me way more.

If you're (generic you) in the same boat as I am and can't work and am on ESA support group, I suggest you do something productive or try to learn things. If gaming is your life I suggest you take up programming and make games of your own.

The world doesn't want autistic people in its economy but that shouldn't make us idle.

If the unemployed person did something that gave back to society like volunteer work, then it wouldn’t be as bad, as it’s sort of like a job.

It’s the taking mentality of some people I have a problem with.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:42 am

My answer is the same as Hale_Bopp's, with the sexes reversed.

My VG train of thought stopped in the mid 90s.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 10:57 am

I once rented a room from a couple who played videogames All Day. I mean, they didn't bother anyone, but the best years of their lives were spent in front of a screen; they didn't take care of themselves or get anywhere in life, as far as I'm concerned, they just didn't develop as people.

I've gone into similar gaming frenzies myself, I had to put the hard-stop on it. Maybe some people can moderate their gaming, but I don't trust myself with it, and I would not want to date someone who played like they did.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2019, 6:18 pm

If that's all they spend their free time doing and have no other hobbies, than no I wouldn't.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 8:57 pm

In grad school, I knew a fellow student who gave up obtaining his PhD in chemistry just so he could keep playing World Of Warcraft. He was sharp as a tack and could have made it, but got addicted to the game. He started playing 12 to 18 hours a day, which is not enough time to get sleep and do research. So he gave up doing the research.

After some time had passed, his advisor gave him a choice to either leave with a Masters degree by finishing and defending what he had worked on or to just leave without a degree. He chose to finish (and eventually did), but we had to motivate him to get it done. Last time I talked to him, he had a good job working with an oil company, but wanted to quit and open up a gaming shop so he could keep playing that game.

Video game addiction can happen at all levels. I was very sad to see this happen to him, but it was his choice in the end.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2019, 11:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I've known women video game players who dated guy video game players.

Yes but how many non women game players do?

Men who have no interest in video games probably aren't going to seek out women who play video games either. Gamers tend to be seek other gamers. Non-gamers tend to seek non-gamers.

This is bullock, sorry, I knew a lot of couples where one of them is a gamer (typically the men into PS4 and PCs, but also many women are very into facebook games while their men aren't gamers at all).

In real life, this requirement doesn't even come to the minds of people when dating. As long it's not an addiction it's no problem.

I said they *tend to.* I never said it was a requirement or rule of dating. Of course there are going to be exceptions.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 12:39 am

I agree with the face of boo, it wouldn’t be a determining factor of whether I find someone dateable or not.

I have enough geek in me for both of us.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 2:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:
You would. You haven’t lost it have you? Hopefully you don’t have to find another one.

Not yet but I fear every day could be the last be it they close down or fired for some reason or another.
It’s why I’ve kept paying the $10 a month to the gym.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 4:11 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Not yet but I fear every day could be the last be it they close down or fired for some reason or another.

This is a very real fear. I hope that you don’t have to go through that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 6:51 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

This is a very real fear. I hope that you don’t have to go through that.

Me too but i dont know.
They recently hired a new guy who does all my work leaving me nothing but to fix his mistakes :( so they get on me for having nothing to do.