Page 12 of 26 [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:27 pm

hurtloam wrote:
An 80s VW Golf would be pretty cool from a bangernomics perspective. Cool and maybe cheaper parts and possible to maintain oneself.

From a modern perspective. I don't know what cars Americans are into. If money was no object, I'd probably get a new VW Golf.

Stay away from old vw cars. They over complicate their cars and they use special fluids that are hard to get now and even when the car was new.
Unless it’s a old air cooled VW beatle which are super simple but limited and not super comfortable

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I can’t afford a car. The ones I could aren’t worth it and I can’t afford maintenance or gas in the long run.
It’s one of the reasons I’m unlovable

I do not think that is true that you are unlovable, Sly. You just have not met the right woman yet.

Right woman is already in a relationship, there’s too few of them and they super sought after there’s way more poor men then women who’ll date poor men.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:28 pm

You really know a lot about cars, Sly. Honest.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You really know a lot about cars, Sly. Honest.

Not really. Mechanics know what more and I’m not a car guy. I couldn’t tell you the horsepower or cc of the Porsche I want.
I just took mechanic classes, had mechanic friends and my sister owned a vw

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:35 pm

You know enough to impress a girl. That's for sure.

I don't know as much as you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You know enough to impress a girl. That's for sure.

I don't know as much as you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm

I don't know what the fox is doing....

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't know what the fox is doing....

Being confused
I don’t own a car that won’t impress any woman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:46 pm

I wish you lived in Trinidad. You could restore a car there, and keep it. I know a few people there who have done that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish you lived in Trinidad. You could restore a car there, and keep it. I know a few people there who have done that.

I wouldn’t want to restore s car too hard work. I might have one restored if I won lottery. Also caribian is too warm for me.

I just wish some woman could be accepting but I’ve given up of that
I suspect the woman I’ve been chatting with will block me now she knows I work with guns.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm

hurtloam wrote:
An 80s VW Golf would be pretty cool from a bangernomics perspective. Cool and maybe cheaper parts and possible to maintain oneself.

From a modern perspective. I don't know what cars Americans are into. If money was no object, I'd probably get a new VW Golf.

It really depends upon what generation you are talking about and where the person lives. Older generations prefer luxury, while the younger prefer either performance or economy in their cars. In rural states, muscle cars (both new and old) are still popular. In conjested big cities, many would like to get the best mpg.

A very cheap car that has decent reliability and good mpg can be a challenge to find. They do exist, but may not be sporty enough. A possible choice might be an old 1990s Ford Probe. Those cars had 2.2L engines built by Mazda, got fairly good mpg (30+) and can be bought for a few hundred dollars. They are not well sought after though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 7:56 pm

What's wrong with working with guns?

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:16 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I wouldn’t want to restore s car too hard work. I might have one restored if I won lottery. Also caribian is too warm for me.

I just wish some woman could be accepting but I’ve given up of that
I suspect the woman I’ve been chatting with will block me now she knows I work with guns.

You're an American what's wrong with guns?

sooo if you're in the army, a security guard or work at a military factory you're undateable? then she's not worth it, below your league. next

Cars are big money pit agreed!! I can afford a 10k$ car but even that sum would buy me a used ~6-7 years small automatic Japanese car. Not to mention the yearly expenses which is the main deal I postpone my car purchase: insurance (bunch of lying money suckers), mandatory yearly vehicle inspection, car treatment every year (or every 15k KM) not to mention the unplanned costs: fuel, unexpected malfunctions, car washes, parking lots, etc.
hugest money pit in history of mankind. Even horses are cheaper and easier to maintain, just more dirty.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:41 pm

Unless u are a lawyer or a surgeon or a politician life is too difficult and consumes too much money just to breathe and live the sparsest most hermit like and minimalist existence costs too much money

I think the majority of ppl on WP cd br lawyers as they seem highly intelligent n eloqueny n capable

To be a lawyer u just heed to be able to copy paste n slightly change ur clients’ wording n have basic rudimentary understanding of law n u will do alright
As u can even charge them to do ‘research’ ob thibgs u didnt remember from school

I think most of the users here seem extremely capable of being better than average at that field

Bcuz even fr ordinary light chit char here ppl are so eloquent n thoughtful n focused
So id they did that fr a job they wd be even more eloquent n thoughtful n focused

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:34 pm

I'm going to sleep because I can't grok my own thread anymore. Tomorrow might be different but I wouldn't really expect as much. 8O

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:18 am

cberg wrote:
I'm going to sleep because I can't grok my own thread anymore. Tomorrow might be different but I wouldn't really expect as much. 8O

Sorry