Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:39 am

Quote:
Kitty’s problem is that her relationship is strictly virtual. It’s non-objective. That means her relationship is governed by non-objective rules. She can cheat on her bf if she wants to without any fear of consequences. All her bf is really asking her to do is maintain their fantasy existence. He can be a sadistic SOB and she can play the bad girl who needs spanking. She can even fake cry on webcam just to make him happy, and then turn right around and have dinner and a ONS with some other guy and nobody ever has to know anything ever happened. And if this guy pisses her off, she can ghost him. It’s as simple as that.

If I got caught cheating on my wife (my wife knew about the girl from the theater, knew everything that was going on, I was always the first to tell her, and it wasn’t a big deal), my wife could basically throw me out on the street with nothing. Same if she was cheating me. We have the right to do that. Dating doesn’t give you that luxury, so you really have to be careful who you date. And because you don’t have those kinds of legal obligations, you can walk whenever you feel like it. Kitty has to decide whether to dump this guy. But more importantly, Kitty needs to understand the parameters of healthy relationships.

Brilliant. :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Feb 2019, 12:35 pm

I would have a problem if a woman I was in a romantic realtionship with wanted to befriend guys on dating sties. It's one thing to use a dating site if we're not an official couple but she should quit chatting with guys on there(& women if she's bi) 1ce our relationship becomes official. I used LOTS of dating sites in the past & I quit using them 1ce I got in my 2nd realtionship & I stopped again 1ce I got in my current. My reasoning is that befriending the opposite sex on dating sites kind of gives/sends the wrong impression to them. Things would be different if it was also a friendship site instead of just a dating/hookup site. I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as she made it clear to guys she was only interested in friendship with them & that she was taken.

I don't really care if my girlfriend has guy friends for the most part thou as long as they are good people. I had problems with my 1st girlfriend being friends with one guy but that's because he used to give/sell her drugs & she was trying to quit. He had also taken sexual advantage of her while she was on drugs before me & her got together. I really don't think wanting Emily to cut out that one guy "friend" was unreasonable under the circumstances. Me & my current girlfriend don't really have any friends where we live so none of this is really an issue. I trust her & she trust me not to cheat. I actually would kind of want her to have a friend even if it was a guy cuz it might would be good for her to have some offline friends she can actually do stuff with if she wanted to.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition