When YouTube Red-Pills the Love of Your Life

Page 5 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 10:56 pm

rdos wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
An interesting article I just found about hate movement recruitment and how it is impacting romantic relationships:

When YouTube Red-Pills the Love of Your Life

It's a pretty nasty story.

Still, I wouldn't lump right-wing and RedPill like that. I'm sure you can be right-wing and hate RedPill ideology, and left-wing and be interested in it. There is already too much polarization in our society, so let's do everybody a favor and don't extend it to more things.

In this case it is inherently split; how many on the left embrace the radical misogyny that drives so-called 'red pill' bovine excrement? It's an inherently reactionary idea, it's inherently 'right'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 11:16 pm

Yeah you can't call yourself a leftist/liberal/progressive and embrace misogyny and sexism, liberalism is based on the idea of equality and egalitarianism. Sexism is antithetical to the progressive left, and the Red-pill "movement" holds misogyny as its central tenet.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:27 am

Yeah you can't call yourself a leftist/liberal/progressive and embrace misogyny and sexism, liberalism is based on the idea of equality and egalitarianism. Sexism is antithetical to the progressive left

You are kinda right, the far left isn't big on misogyny, but they are more likely than the right to practice misandry, or sexism against men, though I would bet you don't see it that way

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 1:00 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Yeah you can't call yourself a leftist/liberal/progressive and embrace misogyny and sexism, liberalism is based on the idea of equality and egalitarianism. Sexism is antithetical to the progressive left

You are kinda right, the far left isn't big on misogyny, but they are more likely than the right to practice misandry, or sexism against men, though I would bet you don't see it that way

Actually the right, especially the Christian right, is far more sexist towards men than the left. The left thinks gender roles are outdated and harm both men and women--the Christian right on the other hand embraces strict gender roles. Though I would bet you don't see it that way.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 2:47 am

Actually the right, especially the Christian right, is far more sexist towards men than the left. The left thinks gender roles are outdated and harm both men and women--the Christian right on the other hand embraces strict gender roles. Though I would bet you don't see it that way.

Well they're not as tolerant of men who don't fit somewhere into traditional gender roles, but the far left aren't very tolerant of those who do, especially if they're also heterosexual and Caucasian. Men in general are frequently deemed oppressors despite most of us just going about our day. When looking at the worst abusers out there like rapists and murderers (in which category, yeah, the majority are male, for mostly biological reasons), we're either lumped in with them or told it's our responsibility to fix things even though most of us would never dream of perpetrating such crimes and have no responsibility for those that are perpetrated.

Whenever there is a gender imbalance somewhere in favour of men, it must be corrected immediately to ensure that women are equally represented, but then when women overtake men so that the imbalance is skewed in the opposite direction (like in higher education), that's fine.

Not to mention terms that are thrown around like "toxic masculinity" used to describe so-called toxic things that men do that are seen as masculine or whatever, but you'd never look at another group's toxic behaviour like for instance in the black community where there are disproportionately high crime rates and call it "toxic blackness", or focus on ISIS and call it "toxic Islam". You'd quite rightly be called a racist if you were to do that, but no it's fine to use the term for problems (real and perceived) with how men conduct themselves.

Last edited by The Grand Inquisitor on 23 Feb 2019, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 2:54 am

[Color=firebrick]Well they're not as tolerant of men who don't fit somewhere into traditional gender roles, but the far left aren't very tolerant of those who do, especially if they're also heterosexual and Caucasian. Men in general are frequently deemed oppressors despite most of us just going about our day. When looking at the worst abusers out there like rapists and murderers (in which category, yeah, the majority are male, for mostly biological reasons), we're either lumped in with them or told it's our responsibility to fix things even though most of us would never dream of perpetrating such crimes and have no responsibility for those that are perpetrated.

Whenever there is a gender imbalance somewhere in favour of men, it must be corrected immediately to ensure that women are equally represented, but then when women overtake men so that the imbalance is skewed in the opposite direction (like in higher education), that's fine.

Not to mention terms that are thrown around like "toxic masculinity" used to describe so-called toxic things that men do that are seen as masculine or whatever, but you'd never look at another group's toxic behaviour like for instance in the black community where there are disproportionately high crime rates and call it "toxic blackness", or focus on ISIS and call it "toxic Islam". You'd quite rightly be called a racist if you were to do that, but no it's fine to use the term for problems (real and perceived) with how men conduct themselves.
[/quote]

But why does everyone obsess over the 'extremist left' yeah they're freaking stupid and dumb, and going about everything the wrong way. But I mean there are poeple on the left like me, I just want equal rights for everyone and for people working full time hours to be able to afford an apartment on their own...seriously I am not on the bad side, I just want things that work for everyone. I am not obsessed with 'free s**t' I am trying to get into the workforce to.... I just want politicians who care about that struggle...instead of wealthy frat graduates that learned to abuse people and not give a damn about wellbeing of humanity.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 2:57 am

You should watch the show Boondocks, a lot of the episodes call out 'toxic blackness', even if that term isn't used.

Perhaps 'toxic masculinity' is a phrase that men should be quicker to use and women slower, since it's a problem that only men can fix.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 23 Feb 2019, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:02 am

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I don't know if Anne saw my answers to her questions but I hope she will. Some have asked if I've aligned myself to hip hop music or if people from that culture treated me better because redneck culture treated me terribly. Well, I did listen to some hip-hop songs because they were popular but after a while, I realized I didn't like the vocals and the music started to sound boring. The people in the culture also treated me no differently than the rednecks did. Just because they hate conservative politics doesn't mean they are friendly people.

How is this related to my thread subject?

Rednecks and hip-hop thugs subscribe to Red Pill or Red Pill-esque ideas.

OK can I just ask that we not make this another thread that gets derailed by your personal issues and stay on topic? If you want to talk about your stuff you have your threads in the Haven for that. I don't need to keep repeating those same conversations in my threads, if you don't mind.

Then again it is true that some of these hip hop/rap groups don't have a huge problem abusing women. I mean look at Kanye West sitting there glorifying trump and wasn't he the one throwing a fit on stage when some Woman won the music award he figured he deserved. I don't even like that country singer woman....but seriously you go up on the stage to b***h about how they don't deserve it and your equally sh***y music should have gottten it instead and then going overboard not only just supporting some of what trump has said but just becoming a diehard ignorant supporter of the worst president :cry: ever. I guess I never expected much better from sexist Kanye but stilll....and he is a sexist just look up his gross chode lyrics...constantly girls sucking his dick and just sucking up to it that's like litterally the only thing he talks about in his songs.

Seriously f**k that guy specifically, but unfortunatley he certaily is not the only 'artist' who does this...you can find a lot of stuff in country music and hip hop that is pretty degrading and disrespectful to women. I remember in fifth grade having to dance to 'oh she thinks my tractors sexy' I was 11 and found it pretty uncomfortable, my mom and the dance directer figured that was silly but then again they were telling 11 year old girls to go out and dance to..'she thinks my tractors sexy and has it going on.'......

I mean it was just gross, and so many people tried to convince me how 'cute' it was, how is it cute to have 11 year old girls dancing to a guy singing about a girl that wants to f**k his tractor or whatever.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 23 Feb 2019, 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:03 am

[Color=firebrick]Well they're not as tolerant of men who don't fit somewhere into traditional gender roles, but the far left aren't very tolerant of those who do, especially if they're also heterosexual and Caucasian. Men in general are frequently deemed oppressors despite most of us just going about our day. When looking at the worst abusers out there like rapists and murderers (in which category, yeah, the majority are male, for mostly biological reasons), we're either lumped in with them or told it's our responsibility to fix things even though most of us would never dream of perpetrating such crimes and have no responsibility for those that are perpetrated.

[/quote]

So let me get this right--I'm responsible for all the things the left is doing wrong because I'm on the left, but you as a man aren't responsible for the bad things men are doing. That sounds a tad hypocritical to me.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:

You should watch the show Boondocks, a lot of the episodes call out 'toxic blackness', even if that term isn't used.

Perhaps it's a phrase that men should be quicker to use and women slower, since it's a problem that only men can fix.

How about we call out toxic behaviours without branding masculinity as toxic in any way, shape or form? Why not focus on the specific undesirable behaviours themselves? The term "toxic masculinity" alienates a lot of men so if it's men who you want to change their behaviour, it's smarter to use terms that men will be more receptive to.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:11 am

So let me get this right--I'm responsible for all the things the left is doing wrong because I'm on the left, but you as a man aren't responsible for the bad things men are doing. That sounds a tad hypocritical to me.

Sorry, I should clarify. I didn't mean that you personally are responsible for everything mentioned in my above post. I was simply pointing out what I've seen from others on the far left. You bare no responsibility for anything you personally haven't partaken in.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:16 am

Marknis wrote:
I've even seen gothic girls dating hip-hop thugs who know nothing about gothic culture or even mock it and it baffles me so much. I don't see anything wrong with having dignity or assertiveness; I had a nightmare where someone tried to kill me and it made me wish I was stronger so I could protect myself if push comes to shove for me. I just don't want to become like one of the football jocks or hip-hip thugs to finally achieve my goal.
[/quote]

Marknis wrote:
both rednecks and hip-hop thugs definitely treat their girlfriends harshly. Both demographics tend to not get along but they actually have a lot in common. Rednecks do consider themselves conservative while hip-hop thugs will say they are liberal but both like guns, think gay men are "fa***ts", think gothic culture is "gay" or "Satanic" or "sissy", call heavy metal or punk music "screamin' and shoutin' crap", say science-fiction is "nerdy" in a bad way, and they both terrorize students who are nerdy or geeky. Hip-hop thugs get angry over racial issues but are fine with homophobia.

For what it's worth I'm a hip-hop head, but punk and metal make up the bulk of the rest of what I listen to.
There's an entire scene of gay hip-hop, and some of those artists have features on mainstream artists releases.
I have no problem with goth subculture.
Many emcees are geeks and make nerdy references, Wu-Tan Clan's members and Hopsin being two examples.
I've never struck a gf and don't treat them harshly.

:|

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:29 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

[color=firebrick]Well they're not as tolerant of men who don't fit somewhere into traditional gender roles, but the far left aren't very tolerant of those who do, especially if they're also heterosexual and Caucasian. Men in general are frequently deemed oppressors despite most of us just going about our day. When looking at the worst abusers out there like rapists and murderers (in which category, yeah, the majority are male, for mostly biological reasons), we're either lumped in with them or told it's our responsibility to fix things even though most of us would never dream of perpetrating such crimes and have no responsibility for those that are perpetrated.

But why does everyone obsess over the 'extremist left' yeah they're freaking stupid and dumb, and going about everything the wrong way. But I mean there are poeple on the left like me, I just want equal rights for everyone and for people working full time hours to be able to afford an apartment on their own...seriously I am not on the bad side, I just want things that work for everyone. I am not obsessed with 'free s**t' I am trying to get into the workforce to.... I just want politicians who care about that struggle...instead of wealthy frat graduates that learned to abuse people and not give a damn about wellbeing of humanity.

Again, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. My political compass score puts me on the left too (though I'm very close to the centre so it would be a stretch to refer to me as left-wing). I don't dislike the left as a whole, just some of the fringe ideas on the far left that are gaining traction.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Well they're not as tolerant of men who don't fit somewhere into traditional gender roles, but the far left aren't very tolerant of those who do, especially if they're also heterosexual and Caucasian. Men in general are frequently deemed oppressors despite most of us just going about our day. When looking at the worst abusers out there like rapists and murderers (in which category, yeah, the majority are male, for mostly biological reasons), we're either lumped in with them or told it's our responsibility to fix things even though most of us would never dream of perpetrating such crimes and have no responsibility for those that are perpetrated.

[Color=firebrick]Again, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. My political compass score puts me on the left too (though I'm very close to the centre so it would be a stretch to refer to me as left-wing). I don't dislike the left as a whole, just some of the fringe ideas on the far left that are gaining traction.

Well I mean I would define myself as a liberal..and I still see things on the left I disagree with, like there are some extreme ideas and things...though I doubt it is any less on the right wing side. I mean people keep trying to argue white supremacy and nazism isn't a concern and doesn't exist anymore...but litterally as we speak we have the U.S Nazi Party and Richard Spencer(their leader gaining political steam)....People just dismiss it as oh well the KKK is done, white supremacy was beaten. Well there is an active Nazi party right here in the goddamn U.S. and no one bats an eye, but if someone punches one of those nazis there is hell to be paid.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 8:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean it was just gross, and so many people tried to convince me how 'cute' it was, how is it cute to have 11 year old girls dancing to a guy singing about a girl that wants to f**k his tractor or whatever.
I don't know much about country music but, in all fairness, I think the intent of those lyrics was to suggest that this lady thinks the tractor is sexy in the same way that some lady in LA would think a dude's Lamborghini is sexy. But I can understand how an eleven-year-old would not grasp the subtlety of that. Exposing children to any sort of reference to sex is problematic. Some adults are just plain tone-deaf.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 8:51 am

Yeah you can't call yourself a leftist/liberal/progressive and embrace misogyny and sexism, liberalism is based on the idea of equality and egalitarianism. Sexism is antithetical to the progressive left, and the Red-pill "movement" holds misogyny as its central tenet.
I think it's foolish to equate leftist politics with feminism. I'll bet Che Guevara treated women like playthings. In fact, I can recall that the rise of radical feminism in the late 60s to early 70s derailed the New Left somewhat as a lot of women woke up to how charismatic leftist leaders were using them as a means of entertainment after a hard day of organizing protests, and went public about it.