Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Like the Happy birthdays , they lost their significance.

People who never talk to you for the whole year, suddenly post Happy birthday on your FB wall. I stopped even caring to reply to those.

That’s why I don’t let my birthday show on FB. If someone cares for me, they’ll remember my birthday.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:41 pm

Aw geez. I'm not on Facebook for dating, but I have people on there I know now or in the past a bit and considered friends... and I wish them HB when the birthday status comes up. So do they hate me for that?

I'm just not that active. Not going to change. Didn't realize I was offending anyone.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:44 pm

I think it is hard to find a person who is a good match, but that doesn't make the others "low quality."

I know it sounds silly, but if you don't like being ranked and tiered, don't treat women that way either.

I admire your tenacity; good luck!

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 2:02 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Aw geez. I'm not on Facebook for dating, but I have people on there I know now or in the past a bit and considered friends... and I wish them HB when the birthday status comes up. So do they hate me for that?

I'm just not that active. Not going to change. Didn't realize I was offending anyone.

No! I think it matters more with family, at least for me. I remember theirs but they rarely remember mine. And you’re right, it is nice to get greetings from old friends. My son will remember my birthday and that gets other people’s attention.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 2:34 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

I am not offended by those, just....totally indifferent.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 2:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

I am not offended by those, just....totally indifferent.

Fortunately, we're not friends on Facebook.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 3:16 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

People who never talk to you for the whole year, suddenly post Happy birthday on your FB wall. I stopped even caring to reply to those.

That’s why I don’t let my birthday show on FB. If someone cares for me, they’ll remember my birthday.

That's not always true, I have a difficult time remembering dates and numbers in general, so memorizing them can be a task. So if they are anything like me, it may not be because they don't care.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 4:01 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
I think it is hard to find a person who is a good match, but that doesn't make the others "low quality."

I know it sounds silly, but if you don't like being ranked and tiered, don't treat women that way either.

I admire your tenacity; good luck!

I don’t consider them low tier. I just know society considers them less dateable and so they might be more likely to consider a worthless man like me.
I don’t rank people there’s people I can tell or thin and more attractive. The attractive being related to thin, when it comes to face looks I have a harder time deciphering society’s rating of beauty compared to mine.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
It won't work. Even if you do match up, by specifically choosing women you're judging to be "low-tier", you'll be unhappy with them even if they do fall for you.

What if he accepts that he's also "low-tier" and this it only makes sense to pursue women in the same bracket as he apparently can't improve.
That's what I did. I'm happy with my girlfriend for the most part. Yeah we do have some issues but I would not be as happy with someone better than me because I'd feel like she settled & she wouldn't be able to relate well to me or my situation & issues & she wouldn't need me as much in the relationship as I would need her. Things are kinda a level playing field with my current girlfriend thou things are uneven but in different ways so it evens out if this makes any sense.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 7:38 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's not always true, I have a difficult time remembering dates and numbers in general, so memorizing them can be a task. So if they are anything like me, it may not be because they don't care.

Thanks for letting me know that. I first went on FB to keep in touch with family as I live fairly far away from them. I expect my siblings at least to remember my birthday, so that’s why I never posted it. But over the years I’ve met up with old work mates and I guess it hasn’t been right to think that they could easily remember.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 9:47 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that. I first went on FB to keep in touch with family as I live fairly far away from them. I expect my siblings at least to remember my birthday, so that’s why I never posted it. But over the years I’ve met up with old work mates and I guess it hasn’t been right to think that they could easily remember.

I am ashamed to say it took ages to reliable retrieve my own family's birth dates. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten how old I was and had to do the math, being afraid that someone will ask how old you are sucks. This forum has actually helped me with that one because I see my age on my avatar so often. Still doing basic math with my fingers is pretty disheartening. It is a traumatic experience having to go to a chalk board in front of the entire class to solve some arithmetic and drawing a blank, using your fingers to figure it out and have the entire class laugh at you. I am not saying that is the case with these other people, just that people like me exist.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 7:18 pm

Really curious how Tinder works because I don't use it that often and it typically has around the same amount of likes. I just opened the app and I suddenly have an explosion of likes, 3x more than normal. I bet it's some sort of ploy to get me to subscribe. I am pretty sure the algorithm is shady.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 7:27 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Really curious how Tinder works because I don't use it that often and it typically has around the same amount of likes. I just opened the app and I suddenly have an explosion of likes, 3x more than normal. I bet it's some sort of ploy to get me to subscribe. I am pretty sure the algorithm is shady.

Yeah all sites do that to new members; it is a ploy to get money. Just text the ones you match with, don't pay to see secret likes....

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 7:30 pm

^^That's why I don't do dating sites. They only care about taking your money, not about helping you find the one.

While I am, for the most part, pro-free market, there are some things that should never be commodified.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 7:32 pm

Sly is not "low quality" at all.

He can get a little irritating at times----but he has pretty decent morals.

He takes care of his family. He cares about his family.

Girls like that more than most things.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 7:39 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Yeah all sites do that to new members; it is a ploy to get money. Just text the ones you match with, don't pay to see secret likes....

I wonder if you can actually match with those secret likes or if it is a pay wall to even be able to match.