Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:44 am

No one who thinks an app knows what they want, knows what they want.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 3:11 am

Antrax wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
It won't work. Even if you do match up, by specifically choosing women you're judging to be "low-tier", you'll be unhappy with them even if they do fall for you.

Alternative optimistic version, he finds someone who clicks with him that while not the most physically attractive is a great companion.

I've never tried these dating apps, so I don't have any relevant advice. Friend of mine swiped right on everyone and it worked for him, but he was also jacked.

Yeah I don’t think they hide those who get a lot of matches, even if they swipe right on everyone.

I think their algorithm takes into account the number of matches to right swipes, if the ratio is too low then they punish you by hiding your profile from most people.

Tinder is a live proof of the darwarnian sexual selection.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 4:08 am

Tinder has stated they hide people who swipe right or left too much.
I swiped right on everyone . I don’t even get matched to bots anymore.

I don’t imagine people who get lots of matches swipe right a lot , why would they they can be selective. Most women I feel are super selective both online and in person as they don’t stop when they are in person. I tend to get this “I’m better then you” vibe from most women :(

Some in person flat out tell me so.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 4:27 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
It won't work. Even if you do match up, by specifically choosing women you're judging to be "low-tier", you'll be unhappy with them even if they do fall for you.

Alternative optimistic version, he finds someone who clicks with him that while not the most physically attractive is a great companion.

I've never tried these dating apps, so I don't have any relevant advice. Friend of mine swiped right on everyone and it worked for him, but he was also jacked.

Yeah I don’t think they hide those who get a lot of matches, even if they swipe right on everyone.

I think their algorithm takes into account the number of matches to right swipes, if the ratio is too low then they punish you by hiding your profile from most people.

Pardon my French but why the f**k would anyone EVER tolerate being punished in any way by a private corporation?! Seriously what is the deal with this madness?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 5:15 am

cberg wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Pardon my French but why the f**k would anyone EVER tolerate being punished in any way by a private corporation?! Seriously what is the deal with this madness?

It comes from a lack of alternatives.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 3:15 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:

I hope not. I don't want to do the swiping madness. I also haven't been on a date in 4 years.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 3:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In theory this should pair up all the desperate people which would actually be a good thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 4:43 pm

Antrax wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

I hope not. I don't want to do the swiping madness. I also haven't been on a date in 4 years.

Yup, but if you check the Tinder experiments on youtube, even a super obese woman can get more matches than a male models, so this pairing up thing won't happen.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 4:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Have you tried other dating sites outside tinder....maybe some of those would work better. Some others may not have so much focus on the whole 'swiping' aspect, which may be better.

Yes this is how they all work now, OkCupid, pof, tinder, bumble, etc.
Much like how all the games are trying to copy fortnight l dating sites are trying to copy tinder. It’s sad.

Only pof still allows you to message befor being matched, I think it still does anyways.

Really, so you can't even go browse your area for profiles and view those profiles on okcupid? and then message potential matches....it only allows matches by swiping and only if you match that way can you message a person or see their messages? That sounds freaking ridiculous and extremely frustrating i didn't realize by now they were all just copying tinder as I haven't been on one in like 4 years.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 4:58 pm

cberg wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

People are constantly allowing private corporations to punish them...just look at the fossil fuel and plastic industries/corporations. We are punished with bad air quality, smog and too much plastic for the earth to handle. :skull:

liminal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2019, 7:07 pm

ALL of the major dating sites (Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com, PlentyOfFish) are owned by the same company, Match Group, Inc.

So expect the same garbage formula to be present on all of them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:44 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Have you tried other dating sites outside tinder....maybe some of those would work better. Some others may not have so much focus on the whole 'swiping' aspect, which may be better.

Yes this is how they all work now, OkCupid, pof, tinder, bumble, etc.
Much like how all the games are trying to copy fortnight l dating sites are trying to copy tinder. It’s sad.

Only pof still allows you to message befor being matched, I think it still does anyways.

Really, so you can't even go browse your area for profiles and view those profiles on okcupid? and then message potential matches....it only allows matches by swiping and only if you match that way can you message a person or see their messages? That sounds freaking ridiculous and extremely frustrating i didn't realize by now they were all just copying tinder as I haven't been on one in like 4 years.

You can search and message but it won’t show them the message unless you both liked each other. They said they did it to help women and make the sites better for women. All the women I talked to or dated on okcupid were from me messaging them, I’ve never really been liked by women on there.
Yup it’s alp about cOpying the most successful site.
Probably made my situation suer hopeless.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 7:52 am

There’s something to be said for doing things the old-fashioned way....

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 8:11 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s something to be said for doing things the old-fashioned way....

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 8:31 am

^ Like the Happy birthdays , they lost their significance.

People who never talk to you for the whole year, suddenly post Happy birthday on your FB wall. I stopped even caring to reply to those.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Like the Happy birthdays , they lost their significance.

People who never talk to you for the whole year, suddenly post Happy birthday on your FB wall. I stopped even caring to reply to those.

That’s why I don’t let my birthday show on FB. If someone cares for me, they’ll remember my birthday.