Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,319
Location: Here.

05 Apr 2019, 10:53 pm

These are dates that I think would be fun:
1.Hockey games
2. Cooking a yummy lunch together
3. Art museum
4. Aquarium
5.Arcade

What dates do you like?


_________________
"A teenage vow in a parking lot, 'til tonight do us part
I sing the blues and swallow them too..."


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,360
Location: Houston, Texas

06 Apr 2019, 2:57 am

Museum
Beach
Open-air Shopping mall
Restaurant (not too formal)
Microbreweries
Amusement parks
Dave & Busters/Main Event-type places
Bowling


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 3,450

06 Apr 2019, 5:56 am

ALL of the above sound potentially fun to me. Some more than others, but for all of them can I imagine a situation in which they can be.

Biking & picnic.
Hiking & picnic.
Forest walk after dusk. Bring a flashlight.
Picnic & park walk (yeah, I think picnic is great. Why? Well, it's something special, something social, it's intimate, and it's delicious!).
Rock climbing hall & restaurant. (Depends if the person is down for it. Not a first date, LOL.)
Mini golf & ice cream.
Ice skating.
Zoo. (MUST buy some food from the zoo for the animals, otherwise it's lame.)

Extra: Some sort of simple, casual (cards/table soccer/billards) game, somewhere in the middle of the date. Preferrably something I'm good at.

In my opinion, a date that only involves eating is kinda lame and standard.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,590
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

06 Apr 2019, 9:48 am

Earthling wrote:
ALL of the above sound potentially fun to me. Some more than others, but for all of them can I imagine a situation in which they can be.

Biking & picnic.
Hiking & picnic.
Forest walk after dusk. Bring a flashlight.
Picnic & park walk (yeah, I think picnic is great. Why? Well, it's something special, something social, it's intimate, and it's delicious!).
Rock climbing hall & restaurant. (Depends if the person is down for it. Not a first date, LOL.)
Mini golf & ice cream.
Ice skating.
Zoo. (MUST buy some food from the zoo for the animals, otherwise it's lame.)

Extra: Some sort of simple, casual (cards/table soccer/billards) game, somewhere in the middle of the date. Preferrably something I'm good at.

In my opinion, a date that only involves eating is kinda lame and standard.


I think all of these are too much for a first date except Mini golf and Zoo.

Forest walk after dusk is surely a no no



MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,182
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

06 Apr 2019, 9:53 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
These are dates that I think would be fun:
1.Hockey games
2. Cooking a yummy lunch together
3. Art museum
4. Aquarium
5.Arcade

What dates do you like?
My first date with my wife was to an art museum.

However, as a woman, you might find offering to make a guy lunch at your place is an attractive proposition. You could probably get him to pitch in, or ask him to bring an ingredient with him, if that makes it more appealing to you.


_________________
My WP story


Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 3,450

06 Apr 2019, 9:58 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Earthling wrote:
ALL of the above sound potentially fun to me. Some more than others, but for all of them can I imagine a situation in which they can be.

Biking & picnic.
Hiking & picnic.
Forest walk after dusk. Bring a flashlight.
Picnic & park walk (yeah, I think picnic is great. Why? Well, it's something special, something social, it's intimate, and it's delicious!).
Rock climbing hall & restaurant. (Depends if the person is down for it. Not a first date, LOL.)
Mini golf & ice cream.
Ice skating.
Zoo. (MUST buy some food from the zoo for the animals, otherwise it's lame.)

Extra: Some sort of simple, casual (cards/table soccer/billards) game, somewhere in the middle of the date. Preferrably something I'm good at.

In my opinion, a date that only involves eating is kinda lame and standard.


I think all of these are too much for a first date except Mini golf and Zoo.

Forest walk after dusk is surely a no no

:lol: Haha @forest walk, yeah that's definitely true.
At the same time, I noticed it's a bit a question of what the relational frame of it is: Wheather the person is known (public place, known friend) or the first date is the first real-life contact (say, from a dating app). In the latter case I agree that something super-light and safe is better.
To be honest, I've never been successful on the dating apps, so I wasn't in that mindset.

Coffee, I guess. :P



The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2015
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,674
Location: Australia

06 Apr 2019, 10:31 am

Not much point having date ideas if you have no one to date



Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,866

06 Apr 2019, 12:19 pm

I like medjool dates - from Waitrose:

Image



xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,319
Location: Here.

06 Apr 2019, 5:02 pm

I like the idea of going to a concert for a date.


_________________
"A teenage vow in a parking lot, 'til tonight do us part
I sing the blues and swallow them too..."


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,360
Location: Houston, Texas

06 Apr 2019, 5:11 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I like the idea of going to a concert for a date.


What kind of music?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,319
Location: Here.

06 Apr 2019, 6:10 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I like the idea of going to a concert for a date.


What kind of music?


Alternative rock or any band or artist that both me and the date have in common.


_________________
"A teenage vow in a parking lot, 'til tonight do us part
I sing the blues and swallow them too..."


SportsGamer35728
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2015
Posts: 151
Location: Vice City

06 Apr 2019, 6:30 pm

Ice cream
Concert
Comic con
Sporting event/WWE show
Stand-up comedy show
Musical or play
Mini golf
Zoo/aquarium/museum



xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,319
Location: Here.

07 Apr 2019, 1:53 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Not much point having date ideas if you have no one to date


This is just to have fun and share our ideas of a fun date.

Even if I’m not dating I can easily go to hockey games and go to arcades with friends.


_________________
"A teenage vow in a parking lot, 'til tonight do us part
I sing the blues and swallow them too..."


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,876
Location: Queens, NYC

09 Apr 2019, 7:34 am

Going to the movies, then dinner at a place of the lady's choosing, is a pretty good date.

Most women wouldn't opt to go to an expensive restaurant.

Yep. Concerts, too.

Ideally, the restaurant would be near a river, lake, or the sea. Near a promenade or boardwalk where you and your date could "walk and talk" in nice surroundings.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,984
Location: In A Book

09 Apr 2019, 8:10 am

Concerts and movies are nice when the relationship is established, but more difficult in the beginning when you want to talk and get to know each other. I wouldn't want to go anywhere crowded or overstimulating.

I agree with the promenade or walk-and-talk idea. That sounds nice. :heart: A light meal could be good, but not as the highlight of the date. Bookshops that are connected to coffee houses are always nice. :wink: