Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 10:38 am

TimmyBoy wrote:
... Still doesn’t make it harassment though. ...
Actually, it does. “Any unwanted or unwelcome attention or contact” can be considered harassment.

Of course, this makes even eye-contact a for of harassment, and I have been accused of harassment for both saying “Good Morning” and for saying nothing at all.

Lately, the definition has been refined to specify “Favors made to a customer or co-worker with the expectation of sexual or social favors in return”.

In any case, if a clerk comps an upgrade for a customer, and then expects to spend some social and/or sexual time with that customer, then the clerk should be fired.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 6:42 pm

We are somewhat beating a dead horse here twilight had every right to report the behaviour, and as a customer not have to deal it

I'n the interests of understanding there seems be some confusion between criminal and civil definition of harassment.

In most places the crime of harassment involves a repeated action, and someone found guilty can receive a prison sentence. However the US state law can sometimes be confused by a degree system, which often list different crimes under the same name rather than distinct names, which can include both felonies and misdemeanors. This is more style, but can affect the public perception of what can be very different crimes or level of offending.

Civil / employment law simply requires reasonable grounds for dismissal. I think if it went to a tribunal for unfair dismissal he would quite likely not get very far.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 1:53 am

Fnord wrote:
TimmyBoy wrote:
Actually, it does. “Any unwanted or unwelcome attention or contact” can be considered harassment.

Of course, this makes even eye-contact a for of harassment, and I have been accused of harassment for both saying “Good Morning” and for saying nothing at all.

If that's really the case and you really believe in that, then your American society is going totally insane.

Maybe you people should apply strict Sharia and become like Saudi Arabia where women and men are totally segregated in every way, in this way you don't have to worry whether to say a good morning to a woman, you just ghost each other!
And the hotel guy would be flogged.
/sarcasm.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 8:22 am

Thank you again for your everything but it's in the past now and I took care of things

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 8:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TimmyBoy wrote:
Actually, it does. “Any unwanted or unwelcome attention or contact” can be considered harassment. Of course, this makes even eye-contact a for of harassment, and I have been accused of harassment for both saying “Good Morning” and for saying nothing at all.
If that's really the case and you really believe in that, then your American society is going totally insane...
Not the whole country, just the special snowflakes for whom too much attention and too little attention are essentially the same.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 9:57 am

Update: I went back to that hotel to pick up some things that I accidentally left and I was able to get security to pick them up. As I was waiting, I looked over to the front desk and saw that guy who was still working there. He was not fired but I am sure his boss nipped it in the bud.