Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 1:56 pm

:oops: I need some advice. I'm in a long-distance relationship and I need some ideas on what activities to do. We have done video chat and we would sit and talk or play some Pokemon together(which I enjoy a lot)! I don't want our time spent "together" just Pokemon and chatting as that would probably get stale but, we're having trouble coming up with ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas of new activities we could do?(btw we can't actually meet in person at the moment for reasons so something physically together isn't possible now.) Any advice is appreciated! :)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 May 2019, 11:06 pm

Binge watching Netflix looms large in the collective consciousness of Imgur, which is where I get my pulp culture references.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2019, 5:39 pm

Dan82 wrote:
Binge watching Netflix looms large in the collective consciousness of Imgur, which is where I get my pulp culture references.

Just "Netflix and Chill, dude!" Except online.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 6:19 pm

If you both have Messenger , you could video chat and play a game called puffy bunny , absolutely ridiculous , harmless fun and may give you a giggle. I just played it for the first time before posting this. Might be a bit childish but then so is life.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 6:33 pm

I would say to explore model railway forums. It is what I like to do.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2019, 7:08 pm

If you both have a vid game system(like xBox or Play Station) you could both get a game that has an online multiplayer option. It should be a game that both of you wouldn't mind playing for a while.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I might be able to use some of these or come up with other ideas as well.
I'm not really too good with thinking out the box so these will help. :D

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2019, 10:05 am

Long distance can be really hard, but there are some things you can do.

1. Video Chat + other activities. Seeing and hearing your girlfriend while doing everyday activities can be great, and will probably encompass 99% of what you can do long distance.
-Watch a movie/TV show at the same time.
-Browse reddit/imgur/tumblr/etc together.
-Read a book (maybe even the same one) together.
2. Mail her stuff! When you are out and about, look for cute things that remind you of her. Every so often, send her a box of little gifts/snacks/etc. A hand written love letter is highly recommended.
3. Snail Mail. Write each other old fashioned letters back and fourth. Having something physical to remind you of the person can be great.
4. Play online games together. Ideally something you both enjoy. You should take turns choosing the games you play. It can be traditional video games, but there are also on line versions of board games like monopoly, etc. Set up a discord server so you can talk while you play.
5. Send her pictures of interesting things you come across in your day.
6. Order the same meal from a chain restaurant, and eat the same thing at the same time. Add video/audio chat to make it better.

Obviously, you should really aim to meet in person at some point. It might take a lot of sacrifice (maybe saving $100 per paycheck for months until you can buy a ticket), but it is really important. Eventually, if things get serious and you want to really be with this person indefinitely, you should even consider moving to be together.

Good luck!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 5:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
If you both have a vid game system(like xBox or Play Station) you could both get a game that has an online multiplayer option. It should be a game that both of you wouldn't mind playing for a while.

Good idea. Particuclarly a co-op game. That way you'll both be united by a common goal. I would recommend Borderlands co-op.