Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Page 16 of 32 [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 32  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 2:25 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Additionally, the things you mentioned about self-improvement are completely reasonable and valid, but there is an added layer of difficulty achieving those things when you are depressed, and the inability to ever have a romantic relationship or sex seems to have a tendency to be depression-inducing for people who want those things.

I found myself in something of a 'magic hole' where graduating college - not enough, getting a black belt in martial arts - not enough. Switching from accounting to programming - not enough.

The cons, or things I'm pretty sure keep me out - I'm avoidant/evasive of social contact with most people I don't know, won't look at people and smile, anyone who reminds me of someone I knew in a bad way who I haven't talked to (in an aclimating situation - like martial arts class) I won't talk to or even look at them until the ice is broken in some more natural way, that gives a lot of people a funny feeling about me and I know that it's a deal-breaker on 'in the door' behavior.

The reason I'd know about these things and not fix them - those behaviors are unfortunately CYA and they're there for a reason - ie. all of my life I've experienced doing what other people did and getting drastically different outcomes, ie. either quite negative or manically/unstabily positive, and i learned the hard way that there's just something in the micro-motions of my expressions that flips a psychotic trigger in people. The CYA behaviors inflict damage on my social potential but it seems like there's hardly any way around them.

On one hand I get that the point out of life is to dominate and stomp out difference/weakness, that the whole point is not understanding what can't conform because if it doesn't conform it should never come close to passing on genetic material and dating is seen as the pipeline to that. We could have a much more compassionate culture if people really understood the complexities a person can get tangled up in through no fault of their own but that raised the honest question - do people want that sort of culture? I get mixed signals on that.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:20 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ I completely agree with everything you've written, and even though I'm asexual, I totally acknowledge the important role sex and relationships play in the lives of sexual people.

As for the average male living in today's times, I read an article that there has been an increase in men and boys being diagnosed with body-image disorders. Some believe that the up-tick may be attributed to the rise of social media and "influencers," and by the media's increasing use of digital enhancements for male models and actors. It's seriously screwing with people's perception of what "average" looks like.

I suspect that many of these "incels" ARE depressed and have body-image disorders. Frankly, if there was a movement that was convincing young women that they are ugly and beyond hope romantically (like these incel groups do to men), that society would be taking the problem much more seriously.

Society defines a mold for men, and men who don’t fit that mold are deemed worthless and updatable like me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:22 pm

I’m not part of the mode, either.....

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm

Keep talking everyone, I'm sure we'll all reach an agreement at some point. :roll:

Except me, since I hate everyone. :twisted:

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:46 pm

If I disagree with someone then they are literally hitler.

Men I disagree with or dislike are incels.

Some of the females posting on this thread need to take a long and hard look at themselves and their twisted views on men.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2019, 11:29 pm

India and China and any third world country that has a huge gender imbalance where men outnumber women creates a problem. Men must prove they are worthy and pursue wealth, power and status. Under a Capitalist system women are regarded as property to be possessed owned and controlled by men. Under Feminism, women are regarded as people and have the right to accept or reject men.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 11:45 pm

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
India and China and any third world country that has a huge gender imbalance where men outnumber women creates a problem. Men must prove they are worthy and pursue wealth, power and status. Under a Capitalist system women are regarded as property to be possessed owned and controlled by men. Under Feminism, women are regarded as people and have the right to accept or reject men.

And men also have the right to reject you.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2019, 11:50 pm

Men being the initiators take on the risk of making the first move. It is up to the woman to accept or reject. Don't take it personally if you are not a woman's type and she does not need to give you any reason. It is just like applying for jobs, the recruiter/employer does not need to give you an explanation why you did not get an interview for the job.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 11:51 pm

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Men being the initiators take on the risk of making the first move. It is up to the woman to accept or reject. Don't take it personally if you are not a woman's type and she does not need to give you any reason. It is just like applying for jobs, the recruiter/employer does not need to give you an explanation why you did not get an interview for the job.

I rejected you, just deal with it.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:04 am

:wink:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:09 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:

I dont like this post.
It's not my type.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:26 am

Raleigh wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:

I dont like this post.
It's not my type.

If I were to level any criticism at the process it would be this - we're selecting for social climbers these days. If there's going to be discrimination and discernment of which male's seed is worthy to pass on, it really seems like the onus should be on deeply asking the question 'which guy will make the world a better place?'. That clearly would still leave out many incels but it would be a step in the right direction in terms of selecting for the survival over likely extinction of our species.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:29 am

Come on everybody!

Join in and kick the incel, it's socially acceptable, kick away and what the hell, let us just piss on him and smash his skull in with a brick, it's just a f*****g incel after all.

Do you understand now?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:33 am

^ Aha!

No, I do.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:38 am

No, you first.

eeeek

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:49 am

BDavro wrote:
Come on everybody!

Join in and kick the incel, it's socially acceptable, kick away and what the hell, let us just piss on him and smash his skull in with a brick, it's just a f*****g incel after all.

Do you understand now?

Nature has hatred and contempt for it's creations. You're just seeing that first hand.