Is it a myth or not that women dislike us?

Page 7 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 1:17 pm

Raphael F wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I just couldn't resist a little dramatic effect :D
Fine by me. If there's anyone on this entire forum who appreciates dramatic effect more than I do, I may be forced to kill myself in an extravagantly dramatic manner. In a theatre. In a velvet cloak. In a thunderstorm. By candlelight.

Wonderful. A man after my own heart.

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 1:18 pm

And with something very nearly Satanic by Scarlatti being hammered out on a conveniently nearby harpsichord, or else Anton Karas twanging The Third Man on his zither.

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 1:31 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Wonderful. A man after my own heart.
I don't recall you and me actually scripting this exchange in advance. Mark you, I am drinking too much these days, so my recollection has some gaps and some fuzzy areas.

But have we not, slightly and partially and in a very small way, just demonstrated that a man with Asperger's may not necessarily be completely and irretrievably incapable of at least bringing a momentary smile to the lips of a female sort of person?

I remember David Mitchell being interviewed by a female presenter who expressed incredulity that he he hadn't had his first girlfriend until age [X]. This is all the more incredible, indeed, when you consider he is now married to Alan Coren's amazing daughter Victoria. Peace be upon Alan Coren, obviously.

"Well," giggled the interviewer, "they say if you can make a girl laugh, you're half way to getting her into bed. And you're certainly making me laugh!"

"Well," drawled David Mitchell in his customary dry monotone, "if that's true, then the other half must be the difficult half."

I have a feeling this could actually be relevant, but I'm too far gone now to attempt to explain in what way.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 1:36 pm

Lol absolutely correct. Alcohol and happy substances help my aspie "friend" relax also and he is at his best :D cheers Raphael.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm

**gasp** **gasp***

woooh, I just had an unexpected sex...

what was the title again....? f**k that , there was one who was just humping on me for 45 minutes straight

Btw, teach51, you're at post 699.

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 2:37 pm

At last! A truly relevant and positive contribution, as per The Face of Boo above. Makes me so embarrassed that I ever wasted my time, and everyone else's, by actually trying to address the OP in a way that could actually conceivably help anyone in any way at all.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
**gasp** **gasp***

woooh, I just had an unexpected sex...

what was the title again....? f**k that , there was one who was just humping on me for 45 minutes straight

Btw, teach51, you're at post 699.

Was that intentionally naughty Boo? :D
And....hope you had great fun with your lady

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 2:55 pm

Glad you appear to have found some way to like this terminally bitter & twisted ...., or so he appears to me. We may have to agree to disagree there. Any time there's a fox to shoot, BANG, one dead fox. Any time there's a balloon to pop, BANG, one wrinkled deflated balloon. Any time there's a worthwhile point some sincere person is trying to make, BANG, there goes that poor person up in flames.

Having an Autism Spectrum Disorder is really bad enough.

Being The Face of Boo would be far far far worse. And being anyone who has to be within 100 miles of such a bitter and sarcastic ... would be a fate considerably worse than death.

Really not sure if joining this forum was quite such a good idea after all, now.

Tetreg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2019, 2:59 pm

*grabs popcorn*

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:32 pm

Boo is fine, as are you Raphael, and you're probably totally sloshed just now. You are positive and open, it's really nice reading your posts. Not everyone here is sensitive to others but a good crowd in the main. I bet you were an awesome teacher.

Last edited by Teach51 on 09 Oct 2019, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:41 pm

Jeez, 100 miles? Do I smell that bad.

**sniffs underarm***

Like how my ladyfriend said , "too much sexercise tonight".

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 Oct 2019, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:43 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Boo is fine, as are you Raphael, and you're probably totally sloshed just now. You are positive and open, it's really nice reading your posts.

He writes quite well as 'sloshed' though.

Btw, you're probably living within 100 miles of me :lol:.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Boo is fine, as are you Raphael, and you're probably totally sloshed just now. You are positive and open, it's really nice reading your posts.

He writes quite well as 'sloshed' though.

Btw, you're probably living within 100 miles of me :lol:.

Yes, neighbours. Can't smell you yet though, not much wind tonight :D I agree, Raphael is very articulate when intoxicated.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 4:53 pm

Maybe it's because I have schizoid personality disorder as well ah Asperger's, but the way everyone else seems to think not having a love interest is completely wrong and horrible is lost on me.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 5:04 pm

Raphael F wrote:
cberg wrote:
I seriously cannot believe we're entertaining the fairytale notion that people appreciate ASD.
I am sincerely sorry if you have not yet experienced it, but I absolutely promise you it can happen. I don't mean there is widespread general appreciation (far from it...!).

Cberg, if I am reading his posts correctly, is simply stating this has not happened to him and based on his experience he doesn't think it ever will. We can't deny his experience of his life. It can be a rational decision to quit looking.

When I was very much younger, I was quite infatuated by people seemingly like cberg. But I was not smart enough to get their attention.

Different generations.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:40 pm

Well at this point I feel I've been stereotyped so frequently for long enough to decide not to trust anyone until they give me some valid reasons for it. It's not strictly about women at all, gender seems to make no difference, most people just ditch me without saying anything.

I'm not happy with the idea of constantly building new things for people who will never appreciate any of it. I'm out of touch with the rest of the human race & to be honest, that's how I'd rather be for the moment. I'm happier being invisible because frankly, guys emotions are 100% taboo & it's f*****g boring. I'm only ever shamed or ostracized for saying how I feel. It's practically criminalized.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: