Changed my profile infor and lied and results are as expecte

Page 10 of 16 [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:22 pm

Of course not. Absolutely.

But you folks have Ryanair and EasyJet.

You folks are lucky LOL--except they suck with luggage. Totally suck!

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:24 pm

sly279 wrote:
So I changed my job and income and over night I’m getting matches like crazy.

So it never had anything to do with my personality. Just that I was min wage.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

To me that sounds like a good news. If its personality then I can't put my finger on anything, but now I can.

But lets be careful here: are you talking about the matches or are you talking about people actually writing you? Did they start writing you once you changed this?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Very few 18-year-olds.....especially Americans.....have been to "10 countries."

It's much easier for a European person to visit 10 countries----because there are 10 countries within a smaller area than the entire United States. They don't have to fly 3,000 miles; all they have to do is take the train. A UK person can visit four countries within a few hours on the train: France, Belgium, Luxenbourg, and the Netherlands.

Not according to their profiles and profile pictures

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:31 pm

QFT wrote:
sly279 wrote:

To me that sounds like a good news. If its personality then I can't put my finger on anything, but now I can.

But lets be careful here: are you talking about the matches or are you talking about people actually writing you? Did they start writing you once you changed this?

Most women won’t message. They like and match you and wait for you to message them.
Most even say they won’t message first in their profiles.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:40 pm

It's likely they're lying.

I've known some rich people-----and NONE of them have been to many countries by the time they were 18.

I went to high school with the son of the head of Marcus Jewelers (I'm not sure how famous they are----but they were rich people). He had never gotten out of the United States.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 7:25 pm

sly279 wrote:
QFT wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Most women won’t message. They like and match you and wait for you to message them.
Most even say they won’t message first in their profiles.

When I talked about not approaching women first on my other posts -- I was referring to face to face, not online. When I am online I have no reservations against messaging them first (which, in fact, is the reason why I decided to go online). But the question is: how come they don't reply? I mean, I message them first all the time, but hardly anyone replies.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 7:41 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Sorry you're having no success with suitable women, Sly. You need someone with the personality and outlook of SharonB - someone really caring who has er priorities right - but such women are unfortunately few and far between and she's already taken! Ideally you need someone who's on the spectrum as they are more interested in their special interests than how much they, or a potential partner, have in the bank.

Perhaps your search will be rewarded when you're least expecting it.

That's what I'm very anxious about for the future in society. Where the majority of guys growing up will be single or virgins for extended periods of time if not for one's whole lifetime. This isn't bitter. It is acknowledging a sad or difficult truth in society. I know several guys in my own circle that blew off steam about the similar concerns Sly has at least once before. It's not anything very unique to Sly's case.

I think people are becoming dumber or less empathic, instead of the "better" future that people may expect.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 8:25 pm

SecretOpossumCabal wrote:
I think what Sly is observing is that he wants to be loved simply for being, which as human beings, that should be the law of the land, but it's not.

Humans are animals, that's all that we are. Nobody dates anyone out of charity, men want sexy beautiful women, women want fit rich guys, these things are nothing new, but it does put a light on something terrible

Why are humans like this? We're just animals, We can build the most magnificent sky scrapers and mechanical engines, but at the end of the day, we're just animals, and we can't love out of charity, we love out of vanity, but that's not love. It's what the animals do, it doesn't mean anything.

I would suggest Sly, that you get into Christianity. If you're not a Christian already. A long time ago, I came to these conclusions, I don't want to be loved for money so I can't pursue money, so to this day, I work on my art every day and i work out everyday to enhance my focus and health for the sake of my art.

You are a disposable male by the lens of this world, so you have to look beyond this world to find your home. You don't belong here, but that's normal. You have a minimum wage job because you don't have money in your heart. To this world you might seem 'odd', but you're actually the normal one -- you don't have money in your heart, so you don't accumulate it, thus the world hates you for it.

18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. John 15:18-19

24 No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:24

This world failed you, sly, time to aim for the next one. This one is no good, let go of it, you don't belong here. Start reading the bible and live to serve God. I myself came to the conclusion that God gave me aspergers to keep me low-statured and away from the nature of this world, I have no choice but to turn my eyes to him because he chose me, and it might be the same for you.

Excuse me, but don't Christians also widely believe Jesus talking about no marriage in Heaven (Matthew 22) to mean "no sex/intimacy" for you or when one goes to Heaven they lose all their sexual desires? I thought God supposedly created these as intended "good" too so it's not fair that's the one thing in the next life that God can't restore.

It adds more insult to injury for the lonely people who didn't get that what they desired in this life.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 1:59 am

sly279 wrote:
314pe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Wish there was a office job or factory job I could do but there isn’t :(

There is, but due to depression you will not see it.

And how would you know that?
My area isn’t known for factory jobs.

Perhaps not, but you could look for office job then. Even small towns have various office jobs.

kraftiekortie wrote:
You can probably get to Russia in only a couple of days.

No, Russia is tricky to get to by train for 2 reasons:
1. You need to change trains, because Russia and other former Soviet Union countries still use mostly their own track gauge standard.
2. You cannot cross Russia-Belarus border unless you are a citizen of either of these countries. Their version of Schengen is very poorly implemented.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Nov 2019, 3:25 am

314pe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You can probably get to Russia in only a couple of days.

No, Russia is tricky to get to by train for 2 reasons:
1. You need to change trains, because Russia and other former Soviet Union countries still use mostly their own track gauge standard.
2. You cannot cross Russia-Belarus border unless you are a citizen of either of these countries. Their version of Schengen is very poorly implemented.

1. The trains crossing Polish-Belarussian broder are lifted and whole cars with passengers and everything are moved to different undercarriages. The whole procedure takes some half an hour. It was at night when I was travelling and hardly anyone woke.
2. Crossing Russia-Belarus border wasn't a problem, just passport check and visa stamp, all without leaving the train.
However:
3. Obtaining Russian visa is cumbersome;
4. Trains in Russia are slooooow (but reliable, unlike planes in Russia).

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Financial success, just like financial disaster can sometimes hit "unexpectedly" - if you're already married, they will both be some of the most solid tests on how well you chose your partner.

The generation of my parents had to suddenly wrap around a completely different reality.
The generation of my grandparents had to survive an awful war and then wrap around a completely different reality.
The generation before them had to survive the previous awful war, then a smaller war and... they had to wrap around a completely different reality.
There was some stabilisation between 1864 and 1914 but it wasn't a kind of stabilisation my nation enjoyed.
And before this... every generation had their own wars and uprisings stirring everything and turning the society upside down.
That may explain why extended family ties and resourcefulness are more valued here than ready money, I guess.

kraftiekortie wrote:

I second this.
I'm sure dating apps are full of lies, half-truths and wishful thinking everywhere.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 4:21 am

magz wrote:
2. Crossing Russia-Belarus border wasn't a problem, just passport check and visa stamp, all without leaving the train.

Not anymore.
magz wrote:
3. Obtaining Russian visa is cumbersome;

Still true, but it is getting better.
magz wrote:
4. Trains in Russia are slooooow (but reliable, unlike planes in Russia).

Sapsan goes 250kph which is not that slow.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 5:35 am

Bald and Bankrupt, a UK blogger, got around Belarus just fine. He benefited from knowing Russian well, though.

My mother’s side is Belarusian Jewish.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 5:37 am

Poles are very resilient people. They’ve been through a lot.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Bald and Bankrupt, a UK blogger, got around Belarus just fine. He benefited from knowing Russian well, though.

Well, Russian is their (second) official language. Outside of smaller villages hardly anyone speaks Belorussian these days.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
SecretOpossumCabal wrote:
I think what Sly is observing is that he wants to be loved simply for being, which as human beings, that should be the law of the land, but it's not.

Humans are animals, that's all that we are. Nobody dates anyone out of charity, men want sexy beautiful women, women want fit rich guys, these things are nothing new, but it does put a light on something terrible

Why are humans like this? We're just animals, We can build the most magnificent sky scrapers and mechanical engines, but at the end of the day, we're just animals, and we can't love out of charity, we love out of vanity, but that's not love. It's what the animals do, it doesn't mean anything.

I would suggest Sly, that you get into Christianity. If you're not a Christian already. A long time ago, I came to these conclusions, I don't want to be loved for money so I can't pursue money, so to this day, I work on my art every day and i work out everyday to enhance my focus and health for the sake of my art.

You are a disposable male by the lens of this world, so you have to look beyond this world to find your home. You don't belong here, but that's normal. You have a minimum wage job because you don't have money in your heart. To this world you might seem 'odd', but you're actually the normal one -- you don't have money in your heart, so you don't accumulate it, thus the world hates you for it.

18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. John 15:18-19

24 No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:24

This world failed you, sly, time to aim for the next one. This one is no good, let go of it, you don't belong here. Start reading the bible and live to serve God. I myself came to the conclusion that God gave me aspergers to keep me low-statured and away from the nature of this world, I have no choice but to turn my eyes to him because he chose me, and it might be the same for you.

Excuse me, but don't Christians also widely believe Jesus talking about no marriage in Heaven (Matthew 22) to mean "no sex/intimacy" for you or when one goes to Heaven they lose all their sexual desires? I thought God supposedly created these as intended "good" too so it's not fair that's the one thing in the next life that God can't restore.

It adds more insult to injury for the lonely people who didn't get that what they desired in this life.

Convert to Islam, you would be able to f**k anything that crawls in the heaven.

/AtheistSarcasm

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 10:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Makes you wonder why they would do that though. Do they think it makes them more attractive? It doesn't to most men as I would hear the same frustration from other guys when I was dating.

When I did online dating it was almost a cliché that the woman (usually around 24-28) would brag about how they have been to 40+ countries as if that was something that made them irresistible. These same women would brag about how they loved their career and worked long hours (almost all were nurses or teachers), how they wanted children and a family yet their entire profile usually had some variant of "I can't wait for my next travel adventure!" or "My favorite possession is my passport!" Literally half the eHarmony profiles I matched up with were like this.

The more women I dated the more I realized that the majority of them online of them are full of BS. I would imagine the men are the same but I can't comment as I have no experience.