Just avoiding the subject here.

Page 27 of 33 [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 9:42 pm

cberg wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
cberg wrote:
It looks like it's typing. Maybe it's code...

I don't suppose it's any coincidence the only person to really get close to me is a much better artist than I am. I'm not exactly the clear counterpart to anyone or anything as far as I can see, that's kind of an intriguing abstraction. I don't seem to serve any one particular function.

Well Martianprincess pointed out that there doesn't have to be any reason, I hope women in general are more aware of this open-endedness than I am. I'm probably trapped in a loop meanwhile.

I feel like I'm not aware of anything half the time but maybe other folks are.

Impostor syndrome isn't the same as actually being oblivious though. You did point out that there isn't necessarily anything in particular to be aware of, which is actually its' own bit of useful knowledge, I guess...
[url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_no_aware[/url]

I really like this mono no aware. I'm going to do something with it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:47 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
cberg wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
cberg wrote:

I don't suppose it's any coincidence the only person to really get close to me is a much better artist than I am. I'm not exactly the clear counterpart to anyone or anything as far as I can see, that's kind of an intriguing abstraction. I don't seem to serve any one particular function.

Well Martianprincess pointed out that there doesn't have to be any reason, I hope women in general are more aware of this open-endedness than I am. I'm probably trapped in a loop meanwhile.

Impostor syndrome isn't the same as actually being oblivious though. You did point out that there isn't necessarily anything in particular to be aware of, which is actually its' own bit of useful knowledge, I guess...
[url]

I find that I'm usually not doing much of anything when I'm in that mindset. The lack of context is an impediment to remembering that there doesn't have to be a point to everything...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 7:02 pm

cberg wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
cberg wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
cberg wrote:

[url]

I find that I'm usually not doing much of anything when I'm in that mindset. The lack of context is an impediment to remembering that there doesn't have to be a point to everything...

There doesn't have to be a point, but you can always make one up :shrug:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 8:50 pm

There probably isn't considering I'm either a psychological case study, TV hacker stereotype or both in the eyes of basically everyone, not only women.

I'm not doing well against my own brain today. There's seemingly very little basis to trust much of anyone when they're not keeping in touch with me. I made it very clear that I don't trust social media & IMs. I go by what I actually feel about people nearby. People mostly ignore me as a result.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 8:57 pm

:| I want to focus more on being affectionate, at least enough to actually come off as friendlier, but that's not exactly what anyone seems to want from me.

I have no idea what I'm doing. :jester: 8O

I'm optimistic, but that doesn't prevent me from being stupid.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:01 pm

join the club. :alien:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:15 pm

I kind of feel like the way we all treat autism (sometimes even our own) basically just comes down to driving people apart at the end of the day.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:40 pm

cberg wrote:
I kind of feel like the way we all treat autism (sometimes even our own) basically just comes down to driving people apart at the end of the day.

It isn't just autism; people are being driven apart by anything and everything anymore. It's a terrifying prospect.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:12 pm

True enough, but people are treating autism like leprosy or something these days. Heaven forbid I ever honestly express myself, I always pay for it.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:55 pm

cberg wrote:
True enough, but people are treating autism like leprosy or something these days. Heaven forbid I ever honestly express myself, I always pay for it.

Try not to take it too personally. More than likely, the other person is just easily offended, and you didn't actually do anything inappropriate.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 3:09 pm

We're not the only ones with a faulty theory of mind. I think people are more offended by the idea of my social deficiency than its' manifestation.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 10:43 pm

It's a mixed bag that my usual philosophical navel gazing & hermit lifestyle has become an optimal strategy for staying healthy as well as an acceptable norm, because before all this I was really trying to stop it entirely.

Now I don't know if I can ever do anything about having been so detached.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 4:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Can I be a secret member? :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 4:47 pm

cberg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Can I be a secret member? :oops:

indubitably. :star:

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 5:36 pm

cberg wrote:
We're not the only ones with a faulty theory of mind. I think people are more offended by the idea of my social deficiency than its' manifestation.

Yes! I actually had to look up theory of mind to find out what it is, but it seems like sooo many people are lacking in this skill nowadays.

It really is an uphill battle to form human connections lately.

I've recently started researching "soft skills" and it covers things like empathy, curiosity, enthusiasm, etc.... all of which count towards building human relationships.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 12:05 am

Being 'disordered' doesn't sound so much worse to me than being 'typical', either way we're not really aspiring to much of anything thinking that way, as I see it.

People harbor a lot of subconscious hatred of anything or anyone different.