Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,709
Location: California,USA

21 Mar 2020, 11:54 pm

I took a break from OkCupid, I’m thinking of going back to OkCupid. Is it a bad time to go back.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,412

22 Mar 2020, 2:00 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I took a break from OkCupid, I’m thinking of going back to OkCupid. Is it a bad time to go back.


Bad as in how? I think if you just want to talk online, you should be ok. But as far as meeting people IRL, it may be problematic. I would give the idea of meeting up serious thought because places to meet are so scarce. I also have no idea of what the catfish are doing with the current situation.



hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,350
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

22 Mar 2020, 2:37 am

No i dont think its a good idea at the moment. Best to focus on making friends online. You can't even meet up with anyone in person in the Covid-19 environment.



revlar
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 120
Location: New Jersey

26 Mar 2020, 11:58 am

hurtloam wrote:
You can't even meet up with anyone in person in the Covid-19 environment.


I agree. I haven't gone on any dates since the quarantine in NJ started. I suggest taking a break because the most you can do is message each other on the site and not meet in person. That means getting stuck in the pen pal zone.



hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,350
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

27 Mar 2020, 3:16 pm

revlar wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
You can't even meet up with anyone in person in the Covid-19 environment.


I agree. I haven't gone on any dates since the quarantine in NJ started. I suggest taking a break because the most you can do is message each other on the site and not meet in person. That means getting stuck in the pen pal zone.


I've just realised that might work in my favour. I totally can't be bothered with dating and interviewing a load of guys over coffee.

If I only have to chat online, I think I might be able to handle that...hmm



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,420
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Mar 2020, 5:04 am

Now might be a good time to date if you wanna be stuck in quarantine with someone indefinitely. I would much rather be stuck inside for weeks or months with a woman I like than stuck inside by myself the whole time. Luckily I have that.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,709
Location: California,USA

30 Mar 2020, 12:19 am

hurtloam wrote:
revlar wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
You can't even meet up with anyone in person in the Covid-19 environment.


I agree. I haven't gone on any dates since the quarantine in NJ started. I suggest taking a break because the most you can do is message each other on the site and not meet in person. That means getting stuck in the pen pal zone.


I've just realised that might work in my favour. I totally can't be bothered with dating and interviewing a load of guys over coffee.

If I only have to chat online, I think I might be able to handle that...hmm


If I join, maybe I will find a guy that will wait until the coronavirus is over, maybe this will force the guys to go slowly & not rush things, I really want take my time getting to know a guy. I want something else in my life without being scared of the coronavirus & the people that don’t care about social distance & the other people that are obsess with overbuying toilet paper, soap, food & other stuff. My ex-boyfriend went slowly.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,709
Location: California,USA

30 Mar 2020, 12:29 am

nick007 wrote:
Now might be a good time to date if you wanna be stuck in quarantine with someone indefinitely. I would much rather be stuck inside for weeks or months with a woman I like than stuck inside by myself the whole time. Luckily I have that.


Hello

You are lucky you have a girlfriend.


P.S. I messaged you, you probably forgot.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,420
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Apr 2020, 11:55 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Now might be a good time to date if you wanna be stuck in quarantine with someone indefinitely. I would much rather be stuck inside for weeks or months with a woman I like than stuck inside by myself the whole time. Luckily I have that.


Hello

You are lucky you have a girlfriend.


P.S. I messaged you, you probably forgot.
I definitely know I am lucky, especially to have someone who's willing to deal with the worst parts of me like she does.

Your rite I did forget. I'll try to get around to it soon like within a week.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,709
Location: California,USA

02 Apr 2020, 7:27 pm

I’m back on OkCupid, I went back on Monday, I have 57 likes since then. I wish people didn’t have to pay.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll