Whats going on with this dude?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2020, 5:45 pm

There's a guy I work with who sometimes compliments things I have on like a belt or my hoodie asking about them even a little bit. He's commented a time or two how we should talk more, he thinks we'd get along. He's touched my shoulder a time and said tag you're it no tag backs when i was trying to work. The last time he commented on my hoodie, and started asking about it, my friend got all ticked off he was "bothering me"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 5:52 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
There's a guy I work with who sometimes compliments things I have on like a belt or my hoodie asking about them even a little bit. He's commented a time or two how we should talk more, he thinks we'd get along. He's touched my shoulder a time and said tag you're it no tag backs when i was trying to work. The last time he commented on my hoodie, and started asking about it, my friend got all ticked off he was "bothering me"
He's hitting on you.  Your co-workers would be within their rights to report him to Human Resources for Sexual Harassment.  You do not even have to agree with the report for the claim to be acted on.  You would be wise to report him before they do, or else you could be reported for encouraging his actions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 5:54 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:

Did you ask him to explain why he felt you should talk more often? I can think of a few things going on.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2020, 5:55 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

Did you ask him to explain why he felt you should talk more often? I can think of a few things going on.

No but what do you mean a few things?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 5:57 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
He's trying to get you alone so he can take advantage of you away from witnesses.  Don't fall for it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 6:01 pm

Sounds like he may like you. Your friend may either be jealous or looking out for you if you're not interested in his advances.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 6:01 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

Either what fnord said about sexual harassment or if he asked about some specific things you were interested in, maybe he truly wants to hang out or he is extremely immature.

Does he appear to have some type of obvious learning disability? Has he ever asked about your hobbies in your spare time?

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2020, 6:02 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

Either what fnord said about sexual harassment or if he asked about some specific things you were interested in, maybe he truly wants to hang out or he is extremely immature.

Does he appear to have some type of obvious learning disability? Has he ever asked about your hobbies in your spare time?

No he knows we both like marvel and play video games and watch anime from brief conversations

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 6:03 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Sounds like he may like you.  Your friend may either be jealous or looking out for you if you're not interested in his advances.
If you are not interested in his advances or his attention, then report him immediately to your supervisor and/or your employer's Human Resources department.  The job you save may be your own.

Please don't let this turn into another opportunity for me to say, "I told you so!"

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 6:07 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

No he knows we both like marvel and play video games and watch anime from brief conversations

If you had several at length conversations about those things I would question that he might be legit. But if they were just passive points in brief conversations I would suggest doing as Fnord is saying.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 6:09 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

Sounds like you both have things in common. If you're interested in being friends, let him know that is how you like him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 10:12 am

If you don’t like him then tell him you’re not interested; escalate it only if he keeps bothering further after that.

I don’t agree with Fnord to escalate it right away for something that mild, without even attempting to communicate with the guy first.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 11:33 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
The last time he commented on my hoodie, and started asking about it, my friend got all ticked off he was "bothering me"

Your friend is right. And except you like him enough that you wan't to be his girl friend you should reject him and any touching of you immediately or he may think you like it and it becomes worse.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2020, 7:38 pm

I'm just confused why he keeps insisting that he thinks we should talk more as he thinks wed really get along , and teasing me calling me zippy about how fast I stock at work

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2020, 8:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you don’t like him then tell him you’re not interested; escalate it only if he keeps bothering further after that.

I don’t agree with Fnord to escalate it right away for something that mild, without even attempting to communicate with the guy first.
Same here.

angelofdarkness wrote:
I'm just confused why he keeps insisting that he thinks we should talk more as he thinks wed really get along , and teasing me calling me zippy about how fast I stock at work
It seems to me like he's interested in you. Maybe it's cuz you both have some things in common & maybe he likes the way you look. You should try to talk to him more if you think you'd might like to be in a relationship with him. If your not interested you should tell him so.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 2:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't agree either. Tell him you're not interested(if that's the case)and wait to see how he responds. It's when he keeps bothering you that you go to HR.