Which do you think is a better look for attracting women?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 6:45 pm

I’m more attractive to women at nearly 60 than when I was in my 20s.

I’m not particularly “in shape,” though I’m rather healthy.

I’m healthier now than I was when I was younger.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 6:49 pm

Probably a state of mind thing...

I am definitely less attractive now at 50 although based on the perception of females I interact with face to face. Although my mother thinks I look like George Clooney :lol:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 6:53 pm

OP, there's no magic formula. Of course, keeping well-groomed and in good shape helps. It won't necessarily make up for other less appealing traits (and the other way around).

cyberdad wrote:
You don't need money to keep fit and eat well. Just self-discipline that's all.

THANK YOU! Sorry for "shouting", I'm so sick and tired of hearing people echoing each other ad nauseam that you have to be rich to be fit :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 6:58 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
THANK YOU! Sorry for "shouting", I'm so sick and tired of hearing people echoing each other ad nauseam that you have to be rich to be fit :lol:

No you don't but poverty and obesity do overlap because poor people spend more time working 2-3 jobs and rely too much on unhealthy food options as both comfort food (stress relief) and also because its less time consuming than cooking a less tasty home cooked meal with fresh fruits and vegetables.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 7:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:

No you don't but poverty and obesity do overlap because poor people spend more time working 2-3 jobs and rely too much on unhealthy food options as both comfort food (stress relief) and also because its less time consuming than cooking a less tasty home cooked meal with fresh fruits and vegetables.

I never claimed it was easy. I get conflicting information from Americans on the availability of affordable fresh produce. We seem to have it better in Europe, but all food here seems expensive to Americans :?

I speak as someone who grew up and spent his youth in what could accurately be described as abject poverty. Now I could afford a personal trainer and chef - I don't want or need either to stay in shape.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 7:21 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:

I never claimed it was easy. I get conflicting information from Americans on the availability of affordable fresh produce. We seem to have it better in Europe, but all food here seems expensive to Americans :?

I speak as someone who grew up and spent his youth in what could accurately be described as abject poverty. Now I could afford a personal trainer and chef - I don't want or need either to stay in shape.

Good for you BR!

And yes, poverty is not an excuse. People make choices and you can scrounge enough for basic fresh fish/fruit/vegies. It takes self-discipline to avoid junk food.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 7:31 pm

^
Cheers, it's a touchy subject that often brings the worst out of people :thumright:

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jun 2020, 11:10 am

Hmm I guess it depends on the woman. But the way you dress yourself, your haircut and other stuff makes a lot of work already.. Me personally I prefer more the athletic type of men, cause I am myself.. Not too much muscles, but a natural look.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 2:05 pm

LunaticCentruroides wrote:
.. Me personally I prefer more the athletic type of men, cause I am myself.. Not too much muscles, but a natural look.

I think most women prefer that slightly athletic look.

grannynerd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2020, 11:02 pm

Women aren't a monolith. We all do not like the same thing. I personally do not date men who are less than 6ft since I am quite tall as a woman (5'7"). I only date skinny, lean, average or buff guys. I'm not attracted to fat men.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 11:43 pm

discipline is everything.
also if you're going to get fit, you have to do it for yourself and not for anyone else. women can tell when you're doing stuff just for the sake of getting their attention and such desperation does not come off as attractive to many.

in my experience.. people like genuine people.

Jamesy wrote:
I am around 5ft8 and workout a lot but I only weigh though 155-160 lbs. is that weight range to small do you think for a man of my height who works out regurley?

sounds fine to me

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 11:45 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Stocky beefcake for me. I like bellies.

I like "Pork Bellies" and Pork roast crackling.
Mmmmmm :mrgreen:

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The cheerful, confident look of a man who does not worry too much about his looks.

True I have seen confident obese men who get women

Justifiable self-confidence is a turn-on,
No matter the sex, imo.

Magz. <sigh> :heart:
Did I say that aloud? 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 11:55 pm

Well according to psychological research
https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... scientists

“We weren’t surprised that women found physically strong men attractive... what did surprise us was just how powerful the effect was,”

“Our data couldn’t find even a single woman that preferred weaker or feminine male bodies.”

The biggest predictor of how attractive the men were to the women in the study was their perceived physical strength. The men thought to be the strongest made up 70 percent of the men thought to be the most attractive. After further analysis, the researchers also found that women preferred tall and lean men.

What a surprise :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 11:56 pm

BTDT wrote:
Money is more popular than muscles.

Why wouldn't wealth matter?
It isn't the most important thing in a relationship,
And neither is looks,
But it helps.

It is a matter of each individual working out their personal priorities.
"Luv" is much more calculating than many young people think. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 12:01 am

Teach51 wrote:
I like an athletic, sculpted build like Michaelangelos' David, unshaven. Someone who smiles easily and is comfortable with who he is.

Many have called me the personification of Michaelangelos' David,
When I was younger, btw.
Not boasting,
Just stating the Truth. 8)

Erm
Joke. :wink:

Fnord wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BTDT wrote:
Money is more popular than muscles.
Muscles are easier to get tho. :p
... for those who are unemployed. :P :P

Or are in gaol. :mrgreen:

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Stocky beefcake for me. I like bellies.

I thought guys with beefcake builds were muscular?

I'm sorry. I didn't know the term beefcake. Muscle is good either way, but lean's not my cup of tea.

I am around 5ft8 and workout a lot but I only weigh though 155-160 lbs. is that weight range to small do you think for a man of my height who works out regurley?

One thing I've noticed on WP is that I don't think like "most people". I'm sure your physique is attractive for your height.
It seems lots of women / men do like guys with a trim build and yours sounds like a good BMI.

I like bellies but that doesn't mean you're too slim, and it doesn't mean you should feel insecure.

I agree.
And I too think that most women would prefer a more leaner guy.
Well *I* certainly do!
<cough>
Erm,
If I were a woman. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 12:09 am

Basil342 wrote:
I live in a big city and often see a couple and wonder "How in the hell did that happen?" My girlfriend always said there's always a girl who's into what you are. Fitness is good to keep your body healthy but don't do it for the ladies. Do it for yourself. You could be a 600lb, hairy, balding dwarf and there's a hot woman out there somewhere who is totally into it.

True,
But it is rare,
All things being equal.

cyberdad wrote:
Well speaking for myself I always attracted more female attention when I was young/fit/well dressed/well groomed

You don't need money to keep fit and eat well. Just self-discipline that's all.

All that lawn mowing would have helped. :mrgreen: