Is this a good sign from him?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2020, 11:02 am

I went on a date with a shy guy and I'm kind of awkward myself, he greeted me with a handshake and drove me to where we were going to eat. We had a conservation that kept going through our whole meal and then he paid for us both. I showed him a shop that had to do with a similar hobby, when I was buying something he had his hand on the counter close to mine. I ain't sure if he was trying to hold my hand or since he's shy himself. We couldn't figure out what to do next, so we sat in his car randomly talking about stuff like we were both nervous maybe. He dropped me off at home a little while later, saying he wants to see me again, and we decided on a day for a second date. We were discussing a card game we both play and he said it don't matter if we play or not, long as he spends time with me. What's exactly going on?

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 11:23 am

You're dating, and he seems to like you. Enjoy being friends!

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jun 2020, 11:34 am

Sounds like you enjoyed each other's company and there was good communication. Maybe keep your expectations modest out of fairness to you both. If you're unsure of anything perhaps ask him if you don't get his intentions.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 11:42 am

sounds like a great sign from him. he likes you enough to want to see you again. good for you!

Quote:

I'm originally from PA...you ever go to see the groundhog come out to see if he sees his shadow or not?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm

It sounds like things are moving slowly, but are moving in a positive direction.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 7:24 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
I went on a date with a shy guy and I'm kind of awkward myself, he greeted me with a handshake and drove me to where we were going to eat. We had a conservation that kept going through our whole meal and then he paid for us both. I showed him a shop that had to do with a similar hobby, when I was buying something he had his hand on the counter close to mine. I ain't sure if he was trying to hold my hand or since he's shy himself. We couldn't figure out what to do next, so we sat in his car randomly talking about stuff like we were both nervous maybe. He dropped me off at home a little while later, saying he wants to see me again, and we decided on a day for a second date. We were discussing a card game we both play and he said it don't matter if we play or not, long as he spends time with me. What's exactly going on?

Seriously? 8O
HE LIKES YOU, DUH! :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 7:26 pm

I'm having trouble thinking the OP's post is genuine. :mrgreen:

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 7:26 pm

He likes you. Quite a bit, it sounds like. :)

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 9:15 pm

Congrats! I hope you two have a lot of fun together :heart:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 9:29 am

Pepe wrote:
I'm having trouble thinking the OP's post is genuine. :mrgreen:

Having seen other posts she has made, I honestly don't think she has it in her to fabricate something like this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 10:30 am

angelofdarkness wrote:

That’s called dating, dating is a kind of ritual that humans do as a way to slowly establish romantic connection with someone else.

Live long and prosper.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 11:18 am

Borromeo wrote:
You're dating, and he seems to like you. Enjoy being friends!
This!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 11:53 am

You don’t have to hit the sack with him right away.

Like Jimmy and others are saying, enjoy the friendship.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2020, 12:46 pm

Well that sounds great! Since he wants a second date, I really wouldn't overthink it too much! Just have a few more dates and lets see how it's gonna turn out. And I don't feel like there's a reason to rush things.. And since he's shy, that doesn't mean anything if it takes slow. I feel like it's better slow sometimes, to be able to process things better:)

Maybe you could observe the way he looks at you the next time? That often tells A LOT, even if it's hard to analyze at the beginning. And I hope you enjoyed the conversations ;)

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 1:02 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
We were discussing a card game we both play and he said it don't matter if we play or not, long as he spends time with me. What's exactly going on?

This means he likes talking to you - always a good sign. When I met the woman who became my wife, we spent hours talking on the phone before we met.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 9:34 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
We were discussing a card game we both play and he said it don't matter if we play or not, long as he spends time with me. What's exactly going on?

This means he likes talking to you - always a good sign. When I met the woman who became my wife, we spent hours talking on the phone before we met.

Awwww :heart: