This is an ex-girlfriend:

REOW, right? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 3:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:
All I remember about Tinder is the horrifying stories like this one below.

https://www.facebook.com/UKJailNews/vid ... 663717466/

If this was true it would have been in front page news, not in some FB post.

I don't believe it either, but don't tell Lunella I said that. Shhh! 8O

kitten_caboodle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2020, 9:34 am

eyelessshiver I didn't notice that you said you have a baby on the way. Congrats! :P You're likely very excited and nervous at the same time but I'm sure you'll be really good parents based on how you described raising a baby.
I can't believe how great your piano playing is. It's totally incredible and I can barely believe you can play so well by memory too? No sheet music? Surely you're a professional musician or a musical genius? I'm in awe of people who can play like that. What age did you start? Does your wife play? Your baby will have some very talented genes!

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 9:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:

It was a few times. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -home.html

There's tons of horror stories like that, and actual murders that have really happened due to the app if you have a look.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/24/tinder-u ... -12752198/

People are too trusting of random strangers these days imo.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm

kitten_caboodle wrote:
eyelessshiver I didn't notice that you said you have a baby on the way. Congrats! :P You're likely very excited and nervous at the same time but I'm sure you'll be really good parents based on how you described raising a baby.
I can't believe how great your piano playing is. It's totally incredible and I can barely believe you can play so well by memory too? No sheet music? Surely you're a professional musician or a musical genius? I'm in awe of people who can play like that. What age did you start? Does your wife play? Your baby will have some very talented genes!

Yes we are very excited to be having a baby soon! Several years ago I was so alone and depressed I had no idea if something like this was possible for me. Then I met my wife and she made it clear this was her dream to be a mom, so we have made it happen over time. :) We are nervous but I think it will be a lot of fun. My wife does not play the piano, but she does play the Chinese violin (or at least she used to before I met her, she can still bring it out and play but I think she kind of got out of the habit). She's a very accomplished musician in her own right from the non-Western tradition...

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my piano playing. I have been playing for a long time. Most of what you were seeing isn't memorization as much as it is improvisation. I practice in this way, so if you see me sit down to practice, it looks pretty similar to what I videotaped (although it always comes out different each time, I try to always come up with new ideas when I sit down). I just kind of put things together, it's all stuff I came up with and nothing is from any composers...though I've been influenced by the work of a lot of classical and jazz composers and some parts repeat.

I started taking lessons when I was 7, in a fairly casual way. I had maybe 3ish years since then when I didn't play much (I took a few breaks). My family helped keep me on track to practice just 20-30 minutes or so a day as a young kid. I had a trouble keeping it up and wasn't my teacher's proudest student, I wasn't very good at doing what I was supposed to. I did better with a new teacher and became her proudest student after several years. I gradually upped my practice time because I became passionate about learning, more like 1-2 hours per day, and I improved a lot. I ended up attending a modest music school in college for about a year, but found it really hard to stick to the program there. College was distracting for me and I was pulled many different ways with other classes and obligations. Music performance is a tough major and the teachers were very fussy. So I stopped taking lessons when I was 19 and changed my major to English. But I kept playing piano as a hobby and focused on my own music as a labor of love. I've never made a penny from it and am not a professional (though people have mentioned to me I play like a professional). Also I've been called a genius before, but I don't know if it's true or not...I guess it depends how you look at it and who you ask. :)

I also play the guitar, which is something I picked up when I was 18. I never took guitar lessons and am self-taught. Here is a simple video me improvising on the guitar for fun...I'm even more casual about guitar than piano but I love to play it as well.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2020, 1:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:

Thank you, I appreciate that. However I think it's important to note that now I am *married*...

I don't understand. :scratch:
What has that got to do with anything? :scratch:

Because I don't want people to think I'm still out there looking (in the same position I was a few years ago)...for example, giving me feedback on my pictures is kind of irrelevant at this point, because...well, I ended up finding someone on a dating site and making it work. I haven't been single for years and never will be again...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:19 pm

Lunella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:

There's tons of horror stories like that, and actual murders that have really happened due to the app if you have a look.

But this risk exists the same with someone you met in any social venue.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:19 pm

kitten_caboodle wrote:

Down, kitten, he is spoken for. 8O

Besides, I saw him first. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:21 pm

Lunella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:

Quote:
(but some Twitter users say it’s a hoax) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -home.html

8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:25 pm

eyelessshiver wrote:
Pepe wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:

Thank you, I appreciate that. However I think it's important to note that now I am *married*...

I don't understand. :scratch:
What has that got to do with anything? :scratch:

Because I don't want people to think I'm still out there looking (in the same position I was a few years ago)...for example, giving me feedback on my pictures is kind of irrelevant at this point, because...well, I ended up finding someone on a dating site and making it work. I haven't been single for years and never will be again...

I was making a joke. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lunella wrote:

But this risk exists the same with someone you met in any social venue.

*THAT* is why I don't go to "any social venue". 8O

20 plus years of gang stalking has that effect. 8)

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 8:50 pm

Yea I have tinder, I think. Haven't used it in long time though so it's probably gone. It's pretty easy to use as I haven't really used any other app. I often laugh to myself about things like tinder but

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:40 am

My pet peeves

"Haha I never use this app sorry, message me on my socials"- then why leave your profile up? There's a mode where you can hide your profile if you're going on a break. Besides, in my experience whenever I do leave the app they disconnect as soon as I follow them elsewhere.

"I'm the worst person ever to exist, a complete disaster of a human, need someone to bring me back on track". No. You need a therapist or an advisor not a relationship by the sounds of it.

"Tbh I'm just on here to find someone to join my band, support my business etc" well then you're in the wrong place.

"Sorry I speak almost exclusively in sarcasm and I have a dark sense of humour, you probably can't handle me. XOXO" I mean, you're right. Chances are you probably couldn't handle me either because I'm probably going to miss your sarcasm at least once or question if you're being sarcastic whenever you compliment me and probably drive you crazy in the process.

However, I've mostly given up with the app at the moment. With current events and all. Maybe I'll make a joke account instead, it'd probably be more entertaining that way.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2020, 3:19 pm

I heard somewhere that 90% of women only see 10% of guys because of how the elo system and how many more likes men give out compared to women. Not sure if it is true though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 7:16 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
My pet peeves

"Haha I never use this app sorry, message me on my socials"- then why leave your profile up? There's a mode where you can hide your profile if you're going on a break. Besides, in my experience whenever I do leave the app they disconnect as soon as I follow them elsewhere.

"I'm the worst person ever to exist, a complete disaster of a human, need someone to bring me back on track". No. You need a therapist or an advisor not a relationship by the sounds of it.

"Tbh I'm just on here to find someone to join my band, support my business etc" well then you're in the wrong place.

"Sorry I speak almost exclusively in sarcasm and I have a dark sense of humour, you probably can't handle me. XOXO" I mean, you're right. Chances are you probably couldn't handle me either because I'm probably going to miss your sarcasm at least once or question if you're being sarcastic whenever you compliment me and probably drive you crazy in the process.

However, I've mostly given up with the app at the moment. With current events and all. Maybe I'll make a joke account instead, it'd probably be more entertaining that way.

And there's the occasional pedophile creep, like this one yesterday.

/logout

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 12:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

And there's the occasional pedophile creep, like this one yesterday.

/logout

Omg yikes, that's disgusting.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits