Getting really tired of this.

Page 4 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:33 pm

blazingstar wrote:
cberg wrote:
I guess in other words I prefer just spending some time in nature to going to most bars.

I had no idea you like being in nature. If you are willing, I'd like to hear about what you do, or where you go.

Anywhere really, but I'm a mountain person. Almost nowhere lately with the smoke though. Can't wait to ski more.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 4:58 am

Brehus wrote:
As a NT I have no issues with AS people I am actually married to an AS female. My friend I play online games with has AS and GAD an I get along with him more then NT people to be honest so not all NT people are annoyed with AS people

As far as I realized have NT guys far less problems with AS people then women and not even few guys like to hang around with them. Overly emotional people aren't everybodies thing. NT women are quite different if it comes to this just because they are usually much more emotional and empathetical and AS people are nearly aliens for them.
I guess that love films in cinema where the women are in tears would't even exist without that. I would be happy if my girl friend had AS if it comes to that. :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 5:00 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Brehus wrote:
As a NT I have no issues with AS people I am actually married to an AS female. My friend I play online games with has AS and GAD an I get along with him more then NT people to be honest so not all NT people are annoyed with AS people

As far as I realized have NT guys far less problems with AS people then women and not even few guys like to hang around with them. Overly emotional people aren't everybodies thing. NT women are quite different if it comes to this just because they are usually much more emotional and empathetical and AS people are nearly aliens for them.
I guess that love films in cinema where the women are in tears would't even exist without that. I would be happy if my girl friend had AS if it comes to that. :mrgreen:

@QAE There seems to be plenty of AS guys with NT girlfriends or wives? Don't give up yet.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 7:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
@QAE There seems to be plenty of AS guys with NT girlfriends or wives? Don't give up yet.

I was twenty years married to one. ;) I'm getting the divorce in three weeks if the court doesn't announces new problems again. :roll: I have no comorbidities and wasn't aware of my AS. Would have changed my life...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 4:53 pm

My parents & most recounts I see here definitely make me want to avoid getting married. I do worry whether or not that's fair to women though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:16 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I was twenty years married to one. ;) I'm getting the divorce in three weeks if the court doesn't announces new problems again. :roll: I have no comorbidities and wasn't aware of my AS. Would have changed my life...

Ahh I see, well to use the fisherman's metaphor throw one back in the sea and catch another one.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:42 pm

I knew something seemed fishy about this situation.

:nemo:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 9:51 pm

Well let's hope QAE can find a nice fish :lol:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 7:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
Well let's hope QAE can find a nice fish :lol:

Thanks for the wishes! :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 2:46 am

It occurs to me I've been somewhat mentally divorced from this part of reality for most of my life.

Not that I've been in any place to work on that lately, but that's the idea anyway.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 8:25 pm

How does the common humble geek go about standing out among these "vile Tinder guy"(s)?

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 8:36 pm

cberg wrote:
How does the common humble geek go about standing out among these "vile Tinder guy"(s)?

Write something concise and humorous. Don't be disparaging of yourself or other people (I see this a lot on men's profiles and it's always a red flag to me). A good example is talking about how jaded they are by dating and/or dating apps.

Edit: oh I may have read this wrong, and assumed you were using an app. Hahah. If you're not, ignore the above advice.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 8:41 pm

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jaded by corporations being the de-facto facilitators of everyone's love lives. I never signed up anywhere & I don't know what to do with the core concept of predicating so much on some app.

As much as I actually like people, humans are pretty damn scary.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 8:42 pm

I could rejoin Facebook against my better judgment, though what I'm really trying to do is communicate this stuff more appropriately in the context of everyone else subscribing to these things.

I don't really feel like electronics allow genuine expressions from guys like me to be believed anymore. The technology world is infamously duplicitous & walled off from the world of casual tech users.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 8:48 pm

cberg wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jaded by corporations being the de-facto facilitators of everyone's love lives. I never signed up anywhere & I don't know what to do with the core concept of predicating so much on some app.

As much as I actually like people, humans are pretty damn scary.

I don't like it either but there's no way I'm ever gonna meet anyone organically. I'm way too oblivious, shy/awkward, and a hermit.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 10:23 pm

I guess the question then becomes where's the middle ground? I'm all too comfortable with technology, it's a matter of communication.

I've considered putting together a personal website with some better ways to contact me & invitations to do so, though I suppose I've avoided it for those same reasons. Still, I'm not ruling that out before FB.