Getting really tired of this.

Page 5 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 6:29 am

martianprincess wrote:
I don't like it either but there's no way I'm ever gonna meet anyone organically. I'm way too oblivious, shy/awkward, and a hermit.

To me just this sounds like a dream of a girl thats quite hard to find. I need somebody nice to share my life with but I'm not into social interaction with lots of other people.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 10:06 am

quite an extreme wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
I don't like it either but there's no way I'm ever gonna meet anyone organically. I'm way too oblivious, shy/awkward, and a hermit.

To me just this sounds like a dream of a girl thats quite hard to find. I need somebody nice to share my life with but I'm not into social interaction with lots of other people.

I've been using OkCupid. It's not the best dating app/website but it's better than most. You can see how people answer questions and get a match % before you respond to their messages. I like that.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 3:36 pm

martianprincess wrote:
I've been using OkCupid. It's not the best dating app/website but it's better than most. You can see how people answer questions and get a match % before you respond to their messages. I like that.

Something like that doesn't work for men. It's even worse then in real life. There are about ten times more guys then women and the women who are either unattractive, not interested but just curious, scammers or have mental problems. Beside of this is a guy over 50 who has to care for two kids and isn't over 6 feet nor rich not the first choice of women. For women is online dating not the best as well. It's impossible to establish a emotional connection to your opposite and a look in the eyes for getting the emotions towards you is even in case of a video call impossible. You can't realize the emotions towards you over the internet.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 8:14 pm

I second that, though also partly only because of my personality type I suppose.

It's sad to me that so many people see & think about the internet this way instead of the vast global network of amazing people & technology it really is.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 10:28 pm

Not that I'm one to write off people with mental problems, anyone who thinks humanity in general lacks mental problems & pins them on people reacting to that reality drives me up the wall.

If I sought a diagnosis for everything that's actually wrong with me, I'd be dead before I got all my answers. That hasn't made me particularly ineffective however, but it did stop me from subscribing to a capitalist death cult made up of social Darwinist "free thinkers". I've been told my profession was a delusion, then it made me some money to live on anyway.

People connect to me emotionally about as much as they do with their MacBooks, which is why I wrote this on a ThinkPad.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 10:36 pm

cberg wrote:
People connect to me emotionally about as much as they do with their MacBooks, which is why I wrote this on a ThinkPad.

Most people humanize me about as much as they do a calculator.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 10:43 pm

I know more about Texas Instruments than I do about most of my friends & I dropped out of high school. :-?

I have an outside perspective on that too, I don't really do much in the way of functional math for work, it's more about pie in the sky logic problems & spatial reasoning. I could stand to be a better programmer but writing that much code would be the death of me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:47 am

martianprincess wrote:
cberg wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jaded by corporations being the de-facto facilitators of everyone's love lives. I never signed up anywhere & I don't know what to do with the core concept of predicating so much on some app.

As much as I actually like people, humans are pretty damn scary.

So you have poor social skills in real life?
Online texting is better for for most of us, yes.

Last edited by Pepe on 01 Oct 2020, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:49 am

Cberg is a guy many girls would like. He looks like he plays guitar, even if he doesn't......

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Cberg is a guy many girls would like. He looks like he plays guitar, even if he doesn't......

Point taken. 8)

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 2:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Can confirm, I think women would think so too.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 2:38 pm

Yep...women, too....but of course! :)

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 3:19 pm

martianprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Can confirm, I think women would think so too.

Hey cberg - time to learn! Join a guitar course and learn to rock guitar and the girls with it!
Somebody here wrote once that 'Rocksmith 2014' is a great program to learn.
Btw. seems a nice idea for me as well. Would be fun to hunt the people with really bad sounds ... :twisted:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:10 pm

:oops: Well I can headbang but I'm candidly not a guitarist whatsoever. I do know piano to some amateurish degree, but my hands are pretty creaky by that standard.

I'm more about grinding through lots of 3D graphics on a PC whilst saturating my brain with the loudest metal I can possibly think of.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 5:13 pm

It's not as if I'm not a music geek too, as I said I'm an audiophile snob more than a musician :p ...playlisting is a talent of mine & I listen to some of more or less everything, whenever I'm not myopically focused on CAD software engineering or my severely underfunded, non-starter thought-experiment hobby of performance car engine building. :nerdy:

Raves are nice & so are weird shows. I'm not one for bars unless there's pool & very nice beer though.

I probably should have rebelled more & become a mechanic but it's a bit easier to fund that working elsewhere. I mean at this point I understand algorithms & poly rhythms considerably better than guitar, I found it deceptively simple. Kind of like people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 5:41 pm

I like playing pool.

I pass on the beer, though.