Surely women want to a guy who lives long enough?

Page 2 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2020, 3:07 pm

KT67 wrote:
Yes true but I'm assuming he's straight not bi/pan.
I didn't mean it that way - I meant listening to experience of men who formed and keep healthy relationships - how did they achieve it, what did and what didn't work for them. Yes, those things are not universal but at least they're real - unlike the myths of impossible height and wealth promoted by some notoriously unsuccessful men.

KT67 wrote:
It's important to know what attracts people who might be attracted to you.

To know that it's not 100% looks based in a healthy relationship and that a lot of strong women honestly don't care about outdated stereotypes like 'he has to provide for me', these days it's more 'he has to be at my stage of life, similar income etc'.
I think the stage of life is a very important part. And simply - wanting similar things for your life together. And, yes, mutual sense of attractiveness can't be negated - but average people perfectly can see each other as attractive. They just need to be in each other's taste.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2020, 3:10 pm

Also I sense a huuuuge amount of conformational bias in that statement. You said it is important to know what women are interested in, but its really not true if you can't work on those aspects.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Dec 2020, 3:31 pm

It is more common for women to date guys who are older than them than for women to date guys who are younger. Also guys on average tend to die younger than women. If women were very concerned about their guy dying 1st, it would make much more sense for women to date younger guys instead of them dating older. That said it is important to note that a guy simply being a bit older & taller is NO guarantee that he would die 1st.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 4:41 pm

Jamesy, I think you're fixated too much on the notion of 'utility value' and seem to be completely missing the point that most people really just want someone they're comfortable around, who makes them feel loved, wanted and needed and who they enjoy spending their time with.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 4:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
... most people really just want someone they're comfortable around, who makes them feel loved, wanted, and needed and whom they enjoy spending their time with.
↑ THIS ↑

Someone whom Jamesy thinks is the perfect manic pixie dream-girl may actually be a psycho-demon witch-queen.

Take my ex-wife...

... please!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:18 pm

Because they want good genes.

Last edited by StayFrosty on 14 Dec 2020, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy, I think you're fixated too much on the notion of 'utility value' and seem to be completely missing the point that most people really just want someone they're comfortable around, who makes them feel loved, wanted and needed and who they enjoy spending their time with.
What utter nonsense! Most modern marriages don't even last 5 years. People are getting married for the wrong reasons. It's nothing but a scam.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:27 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
What utter nonsense! Most modern marriages don't even last 5 years. People are getting married for the wrong reasons. It's nothing but a scam.

FACT CHECK: My wife and I have been married for over a quarter-century.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:33 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Please be satire.
Please be satire.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:53 pm

magz wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Yes true but I'm assuming he's straight not bi/pan.
I didn't mean it that way - I meant listening to experience of men who formed and keep healthy relationships - how did they achieve it, what did and what didn't work for them. Yes, those things are not universal but at least they're real - unlike the myths of impossible height and wealth promoted by some notoriously unsuccessful men.

I do though.

Why try to assume what a type of people are into rather than asking them?

Obviously all straight women like different things but if he asks a lot then he might see patterns beyond just height.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Women are attracted to tall guys because they want to feel protected and wear heels and pass on those same tall genes to there children.

Yes, all women want tall men. :P [joke]

Jamesy wrote:
The thing is though tall men on average die much younger than shorter guys. My question is surely women would want a man to live long enough and to provide for her?

I doubt that they would die that much earlier, if at all.
You'd probably have to be an 8 foot giant to have a significantly reduced lifespan because of your height. 8)

Jamesy wrote:
So why on average do women still gravitate towards tall men bearing in mind they don’t live as long.

The pressing question is, when will you run out of these types of threads. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:06 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not sure that is strictly true. I used to work at an old people's home and there were a lot of men in their 80s who were tall, like over 6 feet.

It was an unsound premise, right from the start.
*VERY* tall *people* do have a shorter life expectancy, I believe/read.

Joe90 wrote:
Also I don't think women think of that sort of thing like "oh that guy's tall so he will drop dead before he's 70, I better not go there".

Yes, it was a false assumption.
This thread is a logical disaster area. 8O :mrgreen:

magz wrote:
On average, women want men a few inches taller than themselves.
Which is lucky, because on average, men are a few inches taller than women.

Agreed. Men are superior. :P :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:10 pm

Jamesy wrote:
magz wrote:
On average, women want men a few inches taller than themselves.
Which is lucky, because on average, men are a few inches taller than women.

Anyway, in reality, there's neither average man nor average woman, unless one could be 5% pregnant. People get to know each other and form pairs as particular individuals.

sometimes even a few inches taller is not enough

And sometimes it is. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:29 pm

magz wrote:
I'm medium-short and all the men I ever dated were short-to-medium - and intellectual.
I think some guys really overestimate importance of height and other physical traits. For me, the most important part of physical attractiveness of a man is his... smell -

You rang? :mrgreen:
You want "smelly"?
I have oodles of it, even without my anal glands. 8)

"Smell" is actually very important.
It is an indicator of physical compatibility in terms of producing healthy offspring.
I suspect you knew that already. :wink:

magz wrote:
but I wouldn't date someone only for his physical attractiveness, I've wanted a lasting relationship since I remember.

Personality is the most important consideration, but looks/health is a big part, especially for people who want to reproduce. 8)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:36 pm

It’s not healthy to be a towering 6ft4 the human frame is not meant to be that tall.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 8:21 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
Because they want good genes.

I'm with an NT guy. If we ever have a baby, hopefully it will pick up his NT genes and be NT.

NTs rule!! ! :heart: