How to ignore someone who's perfect

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2020, 8:48 am

How are you meant to ignore a daughter of a family friend when the daughter of the family friend is gorgeous & has a lot in common with you in terms of hobbies/politics/lgbt stuff and a lot in common with your 'ideal woman' in terms of how she acts eg being a careful and loving woman who keeps thinking of others and has a playful sense of humour?

How do you start to pick up on her flaws so that rejection or her seeing someone else doesn't hurt so much?

Is it appropriate to seek someone out with similar qualities? Similar looks?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 1:15 pm

KT67 wrote:
How are you meant to ignore a daughter of a family friend when the daughter of the family friend is gorgeous & has a lot in common with you in terms of hobbies/politics/lgbt stuff and a lot in common with your 'ideal woman' in terms of how she acts eg being a careful and loving woman who keeps thinking of others and has a playful sense of humour?

How do you start to pick up on her flaws so that rejection or her seeing someone else doesn't hurt so much?

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on here. Has she already rejected you, and/or is she already seeing someone else? Or do you think it's inevitable that she [i]would[/] reject you or see someone else, and, if so, why?

If not, why do you want to ignore her?

KT67 wrote:

Of course it's appropriate. Why wouldn't it be?

(Although I'd focus less on looks and more on overall compatibility.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 3:46 pm

If she's not the romantic partner of someone else, you have every right to pursue this person---but don't be really persistent about it :)

The "daughter of the family friend" is an adult-----so she's "fair game," so to speak.

How is the "family" about LGTB, etc issues?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 4:54 pm

I've been in this boat for awhile. I ended up making an attempt because I can't ignore her, I'm hoping good enough can be the boyfriend of perfect. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 5:14 pm

KT67 wrote:

So you are saying she is already with someone else? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 5:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If she's not the romantic partner of someone else, you have every right to pursue this person---but don't be really persistent about it :)

The "daughter of the family friend" is an adult-----so she's "fair game," so to speak.

How is the "family" about LGTB, etc issues?

If the perfect woman is single, where is the problem?
Strange thread. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 5:17 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
KT67 wrote:

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on here. Has she already rejected you, and/or is she already seeing someone else? Or do you think it's inevitable that she [i]would[/] reject you or see someone else, and, if so, why?

If not, why do you want to ignore her?

KT67 wrote:

Of course it's appropriate. Why wouldn't it be?

(Although I'd focus less on looks and more on overall compatibility.)

Perhaps KT67 has been on the happy juice? 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm

I like KT67. She's a person who doesn't pull rank on you owing to her education.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Dec 2020, 9:12 am

Pepe wrote:
If the perfect woman is single, where is the problem?
Strange thread. 8O
I know right :lol: The problem is that that the perfect woman could have lots of options & could reject anyone who isn't perfect to her. It's easier to accept that you can not be with a person you know is perfect when you know they are taken.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 9:18 am

Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:

Yeah already been rejected & she's already with someone else.

I want to know how to navigate my feelings in order for us to maintain a friendship.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 10:38 am

KT67 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:

Yeah already been rejected & she's already with someone else.

I want to know how to navigate my feelings in order for us to maintain a friendship.

Well, the massive lockdown we're about to go into should be your saving grace. Just say you can't meet up with her due to covid rules and that will give you a bit of breathing space and time to get over it.

Time does help.

Finding things to occupy yourself with as well, so that you don't find yourself dwelling on her. If your thoughts go in that direction. Distract yourself. Put on a funny youtube video, or maybe a serious one that you have to concentrate on. Sign up to Duolingo and learn another language.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

21 Dec 2020, 2:51 am

Find her imperfections. Everyone has them.

45 days of no contact [if i remember correctly]. Double for aspies

Notice other beautiful people

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 4:11 am

Yeah that's what I need to do, find her imperfections tbh.

And keep distance which is easy cos of lockdown.

It's just spooky stuff I keep focusing on. Weird coincidences that I probably share with someone I haven't even met yet or another friend, too.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

21 Dec 2020, 4:45 am

KT67 wrote:
Yeah that's what I need to do, find her imperfections tbh.

And keep distance which is easy cos of lockdown.

It's just spooky stuff I keep focusing on. Weird coincidences that I probably share with someone I haven't even met yet or another friend, too.

That can be quite common to happen. It's a cool thing but not an indication you will work out with these people.

Sending strength to move on. c:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 5:07 am

Now I am curious to see this perfect person.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 10:09 am

^ He is hitting on you. c;