Post stupid things that only work in movies

Page 3 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Dec 2020, 3:00 pm

Since this thread was posted in the L&D section, I'm trying to stick with that theme. If I were to post about movies in general or the Spongebob Squarepants movies, I would have an endless supply of material to chose from & could never stop posting :lol:
:arrow:
Someone objects at the last minute of a wedding & confesses feelings for the bride or groom. Then the bride or groom calls the wedding off & kisses the person who confessed their feelings for em & those two run out together.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 3:38 pm

Guy walks up to a vehicle that hasn't moved in years and is able to get it not only to run but stop and drive reliably.

Sorry but this virtually never happens! In the real world you're asking for trouble because of what happens when oil decomposes (yes, it does decompose like all natural substances) because it releases acid triggering something called electrolytic action; the shell bearings are coated in white metal (lead based) while the crankshaft is steel; you have basically got a battery and the shell bearings become eroded.

And there is the other little issue; most older vehicles had no oil filter and often within the crankshaft you get dried out sludge when it gets stood long enough. When fresh oil hits this it can block an oil way or, worse, become a very effective grinding paste destroying any bearing it is forced into.

Then we get to the subject of dried out seals in the brakes and the braking system in general.....older vehicles often had mild steel brake pipes which eventually burst.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 3:43 pm

Two characters hate each other and argue constantly. They end up as a couple and live happily ever after.

In reality they broke up a month later.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 4:13 pm

In the final scene the bad guy always runs UP stairs in the tall building, instead downstairs to the street level.

So it's always easy for the good guys trap him on the roof top, instead of having to chase him out onto to the street where he has the whole city to hide in.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 6:31 pm

Rexi wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
Hunting vampirs in Transylvania (Siebenbürgen). There are some really cute ones. :wink:
May be I should try that. :twisted:

Oh, you~
I will take you to my mansion all passed out and play tic tac toe on your nice behind with my covid bat sidekick.
I will then drop sparkly powder over it and bite yoh

Damn. Sounds super hot to watch but it seems that I need something that helps me to save my ass from that. 8O
Despite I'm a carnivore I could require some beans beside of that garlic to blow away all magic powder in such cases ... but of course that could cause your bat to drop from the ceiling and becoming awfully hurt and fearing for its life. :?
I need to find a more pet friendly plan right now like dipping my ass into holy water or using mosquito spray on it ...

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Dec 2020, 11:14 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Two characters hate each other and argue constantly. They end up as a couple and live happily ever after.

Ten years from now: I confess to hurtloam 'Your profile image still makes my skin crawl because it's in such opposition to your writing style'
Hurtloam confesses 'I'm not gay' then proceeds to kiss my lips.

Yeah... Only in movies.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 27 Dec 2020, 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Dec 2020, 12:42 am

hurtloam wrote:

In reality they really love the makeup sex :mrgreen: That is something I never understood. I feel like cr@p when me & my girlfriend have a fight & having sex would be the last thing I'd want.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 2:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
In the final scene the bad guy always runs UP stairs in the tall building, instead downstairs to the street level.

So it's always easy for the good guys trap him on the roof top, instead of having to chase him out onto to the street where he has the whole city to hide in.

Often there’s a chopper waiting for the bad guy.
And the good guy always takes it down with a handgun.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

27 Dec 2020, 2:56 am

nick007 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

In reality they really love the makeup sex :mrgreen: That is something I never understood. I feel like cr@p when me & my girlfriend have a fight & having sex would be the last thing I'd want.

I love make-up sex too much but I must fight the attraction. The more distant I perceive to be emotionally to a person the more I need and crave reconnect. This is one strategy predators use to attract some people, to argue with them, leaving them lovesick and desperate, worrying if it's over.

But things must be taken slow after a fight for both people to work on their negative emotions, process, forgive and rekindle in time instead of rushing the process and accumulate negative emotions fight after fight unable to avoid fights because the consequences are inexistent.

Besides, the victim [if an offense was done] needs to implement time and consequences to help themselves heal and restore the equality and justice in the relationship [e.g. sleeping on the couch not in bed next to the victim]. This helps the offender learn too and not take committing offenses lightly. People instinctively avoid and learn to steer clear of the stove if it burns. If the offender is committed he will accept the consequence and help the victim heal, giving the relationship chances of success in time throughout the tests of life [for better and for worse til death do our parts].

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 3:24 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Rexi wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
Hunting vampirs in Transylvania (Siebenbürgen). There are some really cute ones. :wink:
May be I should try that. :twisted:

Oh, you~
I will take you to my mansion all passed out and play tic tac toe on your nice behind with my covid bat sidekick.
I will then drop sparkly powder over it and bite yoh

Damn. Sounds super hot to watch but it seems that I need something that helps me to save my ass from that. 8O
Despite I'm a carnivore I could require some beans beside of that garlic to blow away all magic powder in such cases ... but of course that could cause your bat to drop from the ceiling and becoming awfully hurt and fearing for its life. :?
I need to find a more pet friendly plan right now like dipping my ass into holy water or using mosquito spray on it ...

Don't be afraid, it might sting but vampires are immune to covid, being part bats. It will be just like an injection, your vaccine.

Then you will stay in lockdown tightly in chains until it has its effect while Im making potions for taming the new beast in you [and for trapping you loyally to your queen, mwehehe!] and have you drink a lot of liquids from wine glasses. :heart:

I know you want to climb up the magical beanstalk into the clouds [the stairway to heaven], but rest assured you can have all my golden eggs and I will let you play my big golden harp.
Fee-fi-fo-fum!
I smell the blood of a German man.
Be he alive, or be he dead,
I'll grind his bones to make my bread~

Ettin wrathful chants weaken men and empower the creature. Energy feeding, necro much?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 1:38 pm

Grand romantic gestures.

In real life, if you did what the guys in most sh_tty rom-coms do, you'd be labled a stalker and written-off as a creep.

I feel sorry for the guys that fall for this crap.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 3:02 pm

Rexi wrote:
I know you want to climb up the magical beanstalk into the clouds [the stairway to heaven], but rest assured you can have all my golden eggs and I will let you play my big golden harp.

That will most likely be your last mistake. I may look like an angel but I can't play the harp like one. :wink:
You will start to bleed out of your ears if I'm playing the harp until you are bloodless thing on the ground and helpless begging for mercy and not touching the harp anymore. The ears of you toy bat will most likely turn inside or fall off. 8O
Sorry - but I know me and once I'm obsessed with playing then I'll do until it rocks and the sound makes your golden eggs jump and break and kills whatever is inside of them ... :oops: But don't worry. It's still better if I'm trying to play a harp then me starting with singing ... :twisted:

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 3:23 pm

Protagonist becomes adept with weapons within a few lessons then beats a Master of this craft who has been practicing for years.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 3:24 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Grand romantic gestures.

In real life, if you did what the guys in most sh_tty rom-coms do, you'd be labled a stalker and written-off as a creep.

I feel sorry for the guys that fall for this crap.

I guess you are right. The big question that remains is why especially women are as much into watching that crap. Many rom-coms are as oily and fatty as Disney movies and it's really hard to get rid of the stains in the carpet under that TV afterwards. Is that part of that masochism that some women are into? Is their pain the reason why some of them are even in tears afterwards? I know that a bit of pain can be a turnon for some women ... :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 3:44 pm

Since this thread is supposed to be about romance movies (not that I really watch any romance movies), I'll give the only romance-related thing I can think of.

When teenage boy characters seem absolutely clueless at talking to girls they like, even the most outgoing, popular ones. And they humiliate themselves as they fail being cool.
I know teenagers are awkward in real life but not as cringingly awkward as they are in the movies. When I was at high school even the shy nerds managed to speak to pretty girls without breaking out in a foul-smelling sweat or tripping over their own feet when approaching.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 4:07 pm

How come on programmes like The A Team they bothered with guns? No one ever was hit so it was pointless using them! :D