Post stupid things that only work in movies

Page 2 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 6:11 pm

Hunting vampirs in Transylvania (Siebenbürgen). There are some really cute ones. :wink:
May be I should try that. :twisted:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 6:14 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
A couple who just so happen to bump into each other and fall in love and become an item just like that! Maybe it does happen like that in real life? Has never happened to me quite like that!

Also films like Batman when a fight breaks out. Now if I was in real life ans I threw "Pow", "Whack" and "Biff" card signs at the villans they are hardly going to end up knocked out on the floor... Maybe one needs to make the colourful signs out of wood where the jagged edges would do some damage? Who knows!

Lololololz. Yeah. Right .......... throw in a couple of Poof. Cards too . :!:

where ever you go ,there you are

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 1:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Like this one for example:

I think it could work if she had an eye on him before. Her playing is cute. In reality I have seen a girl rejecting a guy because of his insecurity regardings her feelings towards him and being afraid of even touching her a bit what she seemed to desire. He was quite that way. I guess there is no way of changing the mind of a girl about you in a positive way with long tirades. To feel not bad about yourself or the girl is important as well.
Of course I don't know how women see themself regarding men.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 1:50 am

Don't other people know not to believe everything the see in the movies?

We'd always know if someone was not a good person because they'd be dressed in black and we'd hear "bad guy music" whenever they're around.

And a woman would be able to go through a place full of mud and dirt and ooze and come out of it still looking like she just stepped out of a salon.

And movies where most people don't believe in Santa but he truly does exist in their universe... Where do they think all the presents under their tree on Christmas morning came from? :lol:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Dec 2020, 4:32 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
A couple who just so happen to bump into each other and fall in love and become an item just like that! Maybe it does happen like that in real life? Has never happened to me quite like that!

Also films like Batman when a fight breaks out. Now if I was in real life ans I threw "Pow", "Whack" and "Biff" card signs at the villans they are hardly going to end up knocked out on the floor... Maybe one needs to make the colourful signs out of wood where the jagged edges would do some damage? Who knows!

*steals your train and plays with it back and forth on the railways* Hasss it Ever happened to you, at all? ;D Train boy~

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 4:42 am

quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I think it could work if she had an eye on him before. Her playing is cute. In reality I have seen a girl rejecting a guy because of his insecurity regardings her feelings towards him and being afraid of even touching her a bit what she seemed to desire. He was quite that way. I guess there is no way of changing the mind of a girl about you in a positive way with long tirades. To feel not bad about yourself or the girl is important as well.

and why did she remove her glasses?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Dec 2020, 4:47 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Hunting vampirs in Transylvania (Siebenbürgen). There are some really cute ones. :wink:
May be I should try that. :twisted:

Oh, you~
I will take you to my mansion all passed out and play tic tac toe on your nice behind with my covid bat sidekick.
I will then drop sparkly powder over it and bite yoh

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 4:49 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

and why did she remove her glasses?

Because it adds matteness to his bald head, and that's fancy. Actually it's because manners. When you meet someone known outside and wearing sunglasses, you take them off to look eye to eye and discuss. And it might be her glasses are just reading glasses.

He looks so good though, these actors, tsk.

I wish people would ask each other out this way all the time.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 12:09 pm

Optimism.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 12:29 pm

Just about any musical. Shhhhhh!!!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 12:39 pm

If you're in a fight with multiple attackers, they will be very polite and only attack one at a time.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Don't other people know not to believe everything the see in the movies?

We'd always know if someone was not a good person because they'd be dressed in black and we'd hear "bad guy music" whenever they're around.

And a woman would be able to go through a place full of mud and dirt and ooze and come out of it still looking like she just stepped out of a salon.

And movies where most people don't believe in Santa but he truly does exist in their universe... Where do they think all the presents under their tree on Christmas morning came from? :lol:

When it comes to broad lessons or realistic type movies (ie not spec fic or historical), yeah people find it hard to not take messages from them.

Culture shapes us. Whether STEM types like to admit it or not. Movies are part of our culture.

Obviously nobody's going to think dating a vampire is a good idea - they don't exist. But they might think along the lines of 'well he's 21 but he looks similar to me and keeps saying I'm so mature for my age'. People obviously won't seek out actual fairies but might think 'opposites attract I should date a quirky girl to keep me on my toes' etc.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm

Vehicles taking huge amounts of damage yet still being able to drive

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 1:02 pm

People taking massive falls and being hurled violently around in such a way that they should have concussion and several broken bones at the very least, then getting back up and fighting.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 1:10 pm

Transformers. Turning into racing cars after being previous standing up giant robots

where ever you go ,there you are

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 1:57 pm

The Home Alone movies came to mind when I saw this thread - even though I love the Home Alone movies.

If Home Alone was real life...

...those old black and white movies Kevin watches and uses to trick people into thinking they're real people talking, wouldn't most people have seen those old movies before and recognise the dialogue? Or if I did something like that I doubt the person at the door would stop and listen anyway, like the pizza man did. And in Home Alone 2 where the hotel staff run after Kevin in the hotel room and stops when they hear the TV in the next room, if that were real life they'd still barge into the next room and not stand there being outwitted by someone talking at them from the next room.

...if 2 robbers stood outside my house shouting out their plans to rob my house, that would be a perfectly good time to just call the police and explain to them what's going on. I know the phone lines were down but he managed the call the police anyway, about halfway through the traps.

...it definitely would not take an hour to set up all those clever traps. It would most likely take a day or more. And in real life the robbers wouldn't have fallen for all those traps, they would have just given up and disappeared before someone saw them, or the traps wouldn't have worked. This 8-year-old has more geometry and engineering skills than an adult with a university degree, and he also has exceptional mind-reading skills that no person in real life could do.
Oh - and those traps would have killed them too.

Believe it or not it is actually believable for a family to leave a child behind, especially when in a hectic rush. My boyfriend said that once when he was driving a bus a woman actually left her baby on the bus in a pram. She got off the bus and started walking along the high street before she realised she should have been pushing her baby in a pram, and she phoned the depot in hysterics. The police got involved and she got tested for drugs and alcohol but both tests were negative and she wasn't suffering from any psychotic disorder or dementia. I still cannot figure out how a person of sound mind can forget about their own baby and leave it behind. So if that can happen in real life then it's not that unrealistic in a movie. Actually the more I think about it the more it could be possible to leave a young child behind when going on vacation in a huge family that were in a rush. There were 2 minivans between them so the people in one van probably assumed Kevin was in the other van. This probably has happened to families in real life.