Why Some People Wind Up Becoming 30 Year Old Virgins

Page 13 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
there are some women who take pride in their independence and lack of need for a sugar daddy.

yeah alright Blabs...I know when I'm licked..

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:33 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No seriously, why is it wrong to say heterosexual women want a partner who is financially stable??

Because to the best of my knowledge, you aren't a heterosexual woman.

It's best not to speak for other groups.

I don't see women on here speaking for men or explaining what they think.

Beyond that, many women here have already countered that claim with our own opinions.

Unfortunately no one listens to us, and our comments or contributions get ignored.

It's getting aggravating having to witness IsabellaLinton and Twilightprincess repeating the above so many times and being ignored.

Do some of you need a diagram? :x

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:36 am

Where_am_I wrote:
It's getting aggravating having to witness IsabellaLinton and Twilightprincess repeating the above so many times and being ignored.

Thanks, but we aren't the only ones.

Perhaps we should start our own thread about what everyone else thinks.

We can call it "The Psychic Thread: Minding Other People's Business"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:40 am

TBF all I was pointing out is that if young men make themselves financially stable they won't end up being 30 year old virgins no matter their appearance

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:41 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

Thanks, but we aren't the only ones.

Perhaps we should start our own thread about what everyone else thinks.

We can call it "The Psychic Thread: Minding Other People's Business"

I'm up for that!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No seriously, why is it wrong to say heterosexual women want a partner who is financially stable??

Beyond that, many women here have already countered that claim with our own opinions.

Unfortunately no one listens to us, and our comments or contributions get ignored.

Damn! that was a jedi move....must learn not to get into arguments with Isabella Linton
She is getting stronger!

To be honest, when I first joined WP I noticed more misandry than misogyny.
You may recall how much time I spent trying to advocate for men's rights and equality.

Those are still important to me, but in the last few months the amount of outright misogyny I've read and witnessed has been overwhelming. I don't mean just in respect to sexuality, although that's bad enough. I mean that I can't have a decent conversation with any men without feeling invalidated and ignored. Heaven forbid I say anything smart, or answer a question truthfully. That seems to make men think I'm a biotch. If I say anything funny or joke about sex, then I'm confusing because I'm not supposed to be smart and funny at the same time.

Then, the friends that I make don't give a rat's ass when I'm having a bad day or I need support. It's only supposed to go one way I guess. I can jump through hoops offering to support and help people and stay up all night worrying about their problems but if something goes wrong for me, they think I must be strong enough to solve it on my own. It's one of those double-edged swords and I'd rather not die on it for the sake of people who don't care about anything women write.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:54 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Heaven forbid I say anything smart, or answer a question truthfully. That seems to make men think I'm a biotch. If I say anything funny or joke about sex, then I'm confusing because I'm not supposed to be smart and funny at the same time. .

Personally I think most of the time the females on WP hold back. I think it would be easy to deflate male egos and you might have already picked up a lot of the young men on this forum have very low self-esteem. My purpose is just to make them feel a little more self-confident about themselves.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 2:02 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Damn! that was a jedi move....must learn not to get into arguments with Isabella Linton
She is getting stronger!

To be honest, when I first joined WP I noticed more misandry than misogyny.
You may recall how much time I spent trying to advocate for men's rights and equality.

Those are still important to me, but in the last few months the amount of outright misogyny I've read and witnessed has been overwhelming. I don't mean just in respect to sexuality, although that's bad enough. I mean that I can't have a decent conversation with any men without feeling invalidated and ignored. Heaven forbid I say anything smart, or answer a question truthfully. That seems to make men think I'm a biotch. If I say anything funny or joke about sex, then I'm confusing because I'm not supposed to be smart and funny at the same time.

Then, the friends that I make don't give a rat's ass when I'm having a bad day or I need support. It's only supposed to go one way I guess. I can jump through hoops offering to support and help people and stay up all night worrying about their problems but if something goes wrong for me, they think I must be strong enough to solve it on my own. It's one of those double-edged swords and I'd rather not die on it for the sake of people who don't care about anything women write.

I'm sorry you experienced that....they are s**t friends. I wouldn't give them much of your time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 3:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
TBF all I was pointing out is that if young men make themselves financially stable they won't end up being 30 year old virgins no matter their appearance

i [among legions] am the exception to that rule. takes more than moolah, gotta have the WHOLE PACKAGE* to be genetically viable to the opposite sex.

*attractive in some way + financially stable + non-addled + a certain je ne sais quoi that marks one as distinctive in a positive way, there's a million different ways to get to that last point.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 4:15 am

Quote:

I found your comments in the complaints thread to be funny. Maybe you are talking about a thread that I dont look at, cos I havent noticed these things.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 4:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

i [among legions] am the exception to that rule. takes more than moolah, gotta have the WHOLE PACKAGE* to be genetically viable to the opposite sex.

*attractive in some way + financially stable + non-addled + a certain je ne sais quoi that marks one as distinctive in a positive way, there's a million different ways to get to that last point.

Being extremely financially stable has had a relatively marginal effect. The times it has got be in bed was with women that was pointless aiming for anything long term with.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 4:54 am

Nades wrote:
Being extremely financially stable has had a relatively marginal effect. The times it has got be in bed was with women that was pointless aiming for anything long term with.

I was referring to long term relationships not hookups

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 5:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

I was referring to long term relationships not hookups

I found women who are interested in what someone has rather than who someone is to be only much good for hookups.

I can understand why women prefer someone well grounded financially and broadly speaking that's the usually sought for preference but it gets pointless if they want financial security from a guy for someone else's kids or they have no intention of having any kids.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jul 2022, 9:25 am

Where_am_I wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Exactly ^

! Cornflake wrote:
After 13 pages of going round in circles with no resolution, involving the same offensive and tired old misogynistic/misandrist tropes yet again, I think it's time this thread was given a decent burial.

Locked.