Why Some People Wind Up Becoming 30 Year Old Virgins

Page 4 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 11:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
If people are going to discuss female sex workers, kindly refer to them as women and not girls.

Sorry my bad. In Australia "girls" = young women but I can see the ambiguity.

It's just that calling women sex workers girls infantilizes them, which given the nature of the work comes of pedophilic even if it wasn't intended.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 2:12 pm

I agree with the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air method and do not tell anyone. Why do a lot of guys who don't want women to know they are virgins can't keep their mouths shut about it :).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

I had pretty good luck with telling women I was celibate; but only after they asked why I was not dating.

I guess male celibacy is seen as a challenge to some women, while male virginity is a sign of desperation.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 10:04 pm

my mistake, but i'm definetley all for it, for the U.S. to legalize sex workers

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 2:50 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:

What if they only legalized it for special exceptions, kind of like back when Cannabis was illegal, some people were still perscribed it for medical purposes. But in this case, people are allowed to see sex workers with a legal perscription, if they cannot get laid other ways.

Unless that wouldn't work and cause legal problems?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 3:13 am

ironpony wrote:

But I swear officer, he's for medicinal purposes!

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 6:01 am

^ Please assume the position.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:05 am

In order for sex work to become legalized in the US or certain states in the US, there needs a significant percentage of the population (at least 50% or higher) that would support it, and active campaigning for getting it legalized.

I just don't see that happening. Already, most women are probably going to be against legalized sex work because it doesn't benefit them in any way since most women don't need to pay for sex and they may see it as objective and dehumanizing. If you asked most women if they'd date a guy who's been to a hooker, most would say no. So men would just learn to lie out of their ass.

Secondly, sex work is heavily associated with sex trafficking so that would turn off many potential people from wanting to legalizing it. Also, the current image of prostitution in general. When most people think of a prostitute, they think of someone who is poor, trashy, addicted to drugs, and/or sex trafficked.

The only way I see it being legalized is if the US reaches Japan levels of singleness and virginity rates.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:19 am

Fnord wrote:
I guess male celibacy is seen as a challenge to some women[/color]

Okay, I will take that tip in mind. "Sorry lady, i can't go out with you. I've taken a religious vow of celibacy. I'm just taking a break from relationships right now, i have no interest in seeing you naked. Not at all. I'm serving the LOrd now." LOL.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 11:07 am

theprisoner wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I guess male celibacy is seen as a challenge to some women
Okay, I will take that tip in mind. "Sorry lady, i can't go out with you. I've taken a religious vow of celibacy. I'm just taking a break from relationships right now, i have no interest in seeing you naked. Not at all. I'm serving the LOrd now." LOL.
Laugh if you want; but the choice to be celibate does not have to be based on religion.  It could be based on a previous relationship that ended badly -- perhaps tragically -- and saying that you do not know if you are ready for another relationship seems to pique some women's interest, especially when you are answering their question it in a way that is not dopey-mopey and sad or that reeks of desperation.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 8:49 pm

Well in the event of prostitution being illegal, is it realistic to say that no woman is willing to have sex with a virgin guy, ever? Is that the problem and women are just really that difficult for some guys, especially virgins? I mean there's got to be some women out there willing to have sex with almost anything pretty much, no?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 9:57 pm

Many women, actually, wouldn't mind it if a guy is a virgin.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many women, actually, wouldn't mind it if a guy is a virgin.
Well why do guys have to tell women they are... It's like confessing to a crime and then complaining about how you were outsmarted and caught after...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:16 pm

Where did I say that guys have to tell women they are virgins?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:20 pm

You didn't :).

It's just that guys complain that women will not sleep with them, because they are virgins, so that indicates to me that those guys are telling them?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:34 am

ironpony wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

What if they only legalized it for special exceptions, kind of like back when Cannabis was illegal, some people were still perscribed it for medical purposes. But in this case, people are allowed to see sex workers with a legal perscription, if they cannot get laid other ways.

it would be a huge topic of legal discussion