Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2021, 5:30 pm

#1 They usually respond to your text within minutes or a few hours - Not an entire day or two.

#2 They engage in full conversations. Not just 1-3 word answers.

#3 They call you. It's not only you calling them.

#4 They ask to hang out. It's not only you asking them.

#5 When you make plans, they give a definite day or time. Not just "we'll see".

#6 They don't stand you up. They either show up, or if they cancel with advanced notice.

#7 If they cancel, they actively ask to reschedule.

There are exceptions but go by the overall pattern. Someone might not be good on one of these things but if they do most of the others, they're interested (i.e. they don't text much, but they actively call you and show up on dates)

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 1:16 am

Signs of disinterest:

A woman who doesn't like you will have low investment in you. Examples of low investment down below.

Texting Signals:

- Pay attention to the way she's texting you. If she's constantly leaving you on read, never asks you questions, takes several days to respond back, it signals that she has low investment in you. If you're asking her a question and then she leaves you on read, then she's purposefully ignoring you.

How She Responds When You Ask Her Out:

How she reacts when you ask her out can tell you a lot about her level of interest towards you.

- If you ask a woman out and she's always "too busy" to meet up with you. 95% of the time, she's lying to you. We make time for people we're interested in and if she never has time to go out with you, she isn't interested. This is perhaps the most common response you're going to get from women so you better get used to it.

- Another common rejection strategy women employ is to attempt to invite other friends along. If you ask a woman out and she's trying to invite other people along, then most of the time this indicates she only see's you as a friend. The reason women do this is because a woman who isn't interested in you will never want to be alone with you to give you the wrong idea so what she does is attempt to invite other people along because by her logic, it's not a date if other people are going as well.

- If you're getting left on read or even worse, blocked when you ask a girl out, she's definitely not interested! In fact, if a woman goes so far as to block you, then either she didn't know you very well OR you somehow creeped her out and made her feel uncomfortable. A woman who knows you well enough and is comfortable around you will rarely flat out block you if you ask her out.

Body Language Signals:

Girls who dislike you will often indicate in their body language their lack of interest.

1. A woman who is disinterested will often tell you with their eyes. Are their eyes constantly shifting around the room? This indicates they're bored, uncomfortable, or perhaps they're looking for a way to escape. Also if their eyes never seem to want to look at you, then can also indicate they are disinterested.

2. Now pay attention to their feet and torso. When someone is fully engaged with you, their feet and their torso will be pointed towards you. However when someone is about to leave a conversation or they are not interested in engaging with you, their feet and torso will be pointed away from you.

3. Facial expressions and tone of voice can tell a lot about someone's interest and relationship levels with you. Generally speaking, the more we know someone, the more our facial expressions and tone of voice lights up and becomes more expressive. If you're ever talking to a woman and her voice seems bland, her facial expressions are bland, and she's talking to you without hardly any excitement, this could indicate she's not interested in you.

Behavior Signals:

1. A woman who DOESN'T like you will oftentimes find a way to leave a conversation early, and this could indicate she's uncomfortable with you or she's simply not interested in you enough to stick around. Where's if a woman is interested, she's more likely to stay and talk to you. If you've ever had a woman flat out ignore you or walk away from you, she's definitely not interested.

2. Pay attention to her behavior around other guys and compare it to how she behaves around you. If she acts more interested in him, is more talkative around him, then she's more interested in him and not in you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 3:09 am

All is true above, also to add, a woman who is interested will initiate texting.

And she stops doing so, then you know she lost interest even if she initially did before.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2021, 10:41 am

I agree with most of Muse's points.

Body language signals: these have some merit, but can be misinterpreted sometimes. What if someone is sitting a certain way or have their arms/feet a certain way just because they find it comfortable? What if someone is crossing their arms because they're cold? etc.

It's generally true that an expressive and animation tone of voice shows interest, though it can depend on the person. Some people are soft-spoken, a bit shy or nervous. Some people can be bubbly and friendly just for politeness even though they're not actually interested.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 11:01 am

From my own personal experiences, while on a date, if someone is interested in you, they will...

Ask questions about you, and not about someone you know.  If your date asks questions about a specific friend, relative, or co-worker, it may indicate that he or she is more interested in that other person, and that you are only an intermediate step to that other person.

Either shut off their phone or silence its ringer.  Dates who always seem to be checking their phones are not mentally with you, they are mentally with whomever they are hoping will call or text them.

Focus on you and not your surroundings.  Being distracted by whomever else walks past indicates that your date is looking for someone else to "rescue" him or her from being with you.

Not keep you guessing.  If you ask "What would you like to do?" and your date expresses ambivalence or indecision, then he or she may not really be interested in doing anything with you at all.

Not keep you waiting.  If your date is really interested in you, then he or she will likely behave as if he or she "cannot wait" to be with you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 2:46 pm

Out of curiosity, do these signs of interest include people with mental health issues or is this only for people that are neurotypical? What if said person has bipolar, or is on the autism spectrum, or maybe has social anxiety, ADHD, possibly depression, do these "rules" still apply or at that point will you have to just wing it?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 3:01 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Out of curiosity, do these signs of interest include people with mental health issues or is this only for people that are neurotypical? What if said person has bipolar, or is on the autism spectrum, or maybe has social anxiety, ADHD, possibly depression, do these "rules" still apply or at that point will you have to just wing it?
These are not "rules", they are "signs".  Just as your fuel gauge does not control how much fuel is in your tank -- it only gives an indication -- so too do these signs indicate whether or not someone might be "into" you.

Furthermore, these signs are not "all-or-nothing" in their application.  The more these signs indicate that someone may be "into" you, the more likely it may be true.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2021, 3:20 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Out of curiosity, do these signs of interest include people with mental health issues or is this only for people that are neurotypical?

Good question. I think different diagnoses could make people inconsistent in their behavior at times, or maybe they might not grasp some of these things well.

But it's about the overall pattern. Even if they're not reciprocating in some of these areas, the point is they need to be reciprocating somewhere. Whether it's call or text.

But making plans and meeting up is the big one. If they're not meeting up with you, or not even trying to, then they're just not interested

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 5:52 am

I always thought that the 7 deadly sins were also the 7 signs of interest.

Dog1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2021, 8:11 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
1. A woman who is disinterested will often tell you with their eyes. Are their eyes constantly shifting around the room? This indicates they're bored, uncomfortable, or perhaps they're looking for a way to escape. Also if their eyes never seem to want to look at you, then can also indicate they are disinterested.

Nah - this one is more specific than that.

If you look at a girl and she looks down - she likes you.

If you look at a girl and she looks up - she doesn’t like you (this is universal with females in many mammalian species)

If she looks to the side - she’s a lesbian

With the rest of your statements, we have to remember that Aspies females can act disinterested but still like you, for example.

Only Neurotypical females show disinterest when they don’t like you.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Mar 2021, 2:52 am

^ That is utter nonsense.
Additionally, it's dangerous nonsense - if you e.g. interpret looking down as a sign of interest, you will inevitably end up pushing boundaries or even harassing others.

Eye contact is a largely cultural thing but in Western cultures, making eye contact is a sign of interest (in the general meaning of "interest") and avoiding eye contact is a sign of prefering to be left alone.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 4:45 am

^ Then the majority of women around me are lesbian.

:lol:

Besides, it is rude to stare at strangers. Don't.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 9:29 am

I thought some more about this over the weekend, and even asked Mrs. Fnord for her input.  Togeter, we came up with these...

36 Signs Someone May Be Interested In You:

• Their friends act funny around you, as if keeping a secret from you.
• Their friends try to bring you together.
• They agree with most of your opinions.
• They become a little jealous of your interests and other friends.
• They become clumsy around you.
• They change to their best behavior.
• They change to their best posture.
• They come to know your better qualities.
• They disagree with your opinions politely.
• They give you special treatment that they do not give their friends.
• They invite you into THEIR inner circle of friends.
• They laugh at your jokes.
• They make (or try to) make frequent eye contact with you.
• They make positive comments on what you say or "Tweet".
• They match their pace (i.e., walking, working, speaking, et cetera) to yours.
• They mirror your actions, gestures, and posture.
• They miss you when you are away.
• They never get angry or frustrated with you.
• They notice everything about you.
• They offer you their complete and undivided attention.
• They physically lean into your personal space.
• They pick up the phone right away when you call.
• They point their feet in your direction.
• They remember dates and events that are important to you.
• They repeat your first name often in conversations with you and others.
• They respond to your texts quickly.
• They seek "excuses" to make physical contact with you.
• They share personal details with you.
• They shower compliments upon you.
• They smile a lot, especially when you are around.
• They spend personal time with you, and they like it.
• They take personal interest in your personal interests.
• They try to know your relationship status.
• They try to make you happy.
• They want to know more (everything?) about you.
• They widen their eyes upon seeing you.

As always with lists like this, it is not an "All Or Nothing" checklist.  However, the more of these indications you notice in someone else, the more likely that person is interested in you.

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2021, 10:21 am

^ And looking to the left indicates she's being dishonest, while looking to the right indicates that she's thinking. Yeah, no, that's rubbish.

Among strangers looking at someone for more than a brief moment is a sort of challenge, in terms of acknowledging that you're paying attention to what the other person does. And looking away (down, left, right or elsewhere) when challenged thusly is more a sign of discomfort and desire to be left alone more than of anything else.

Among non-strangers, looking away is a sign of not being interested or comfortable around you.

Muse933277 wrote:

Body Language Signals:

Girls who dislike you will often indicate in their body language their lack of interest.

2. Now pay attention to their feet and torso. When someone is fully engaged with you, their feet and their torso will be pointed towards you. However when someone is about to leave a conversation or they are not interested in engaging with you, their feet and torso will be pointed away from you.

3. Facial expressions and tone of voice can tell a lot about someone's interest and relationship levels with you. Generally speaking, the more we know someone, the more our facial expressions and tone of voice lights up and becomes more expressive. If you're ever talking to a woman and her voice seems bland, her facial expressions are bland, and she's talking to you without hardly any excitement, this could indicate she's not interested in you.

This. I would also add a defensive hand placement (like across chest) or creating any sort of barrier between her and you is a sign of not being interested.

But bear in mind that all this is contextual. Such body language is used also in context of just being friendly. So if you're not sure about whether woman is interested in you, or just being friendly, ask her out. You'll know the answer very quickly. It's much better than to try making some stupid romantic move or something.

Muse933277 wrote:
Pay attention to her behavior around other guys and compare it to how she behaves around you. If she acts more interested in him, is more talkative around him, then she's more interested in him and not in you.

That's a very good indicator. But it's pretty sad to watch actually. Last time I experienced it was when the receptionist at my last job, who was initially a bit flirty with me, eventually stopped being so and started to be flirty with our new colleague, who was this extremely athletic cool macho type of guy. Not like it mattered as I was married and she had a boyfriend, but it was sad to watch nonetheless.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 11:17 am

One big sign of interest is love is free, boundless and has no limits to the universe, considering we are all on this Planet in a 98 billion light year big universe, I don't doubt there's life in another galaxy somewhere - let's call it "the love machine", people come and go, the world moves in cosmic spirals - Mother Earth older than she ever thought she would be, holding us all here on her egg of creation, in comparison, too, let's say an endless vacuum that leads to know where or an alternate universe. So why must the human race divide themselves into sections. Imagine a new world of cosmic harmony.

I certainly would not mind if my future relationship cheated on me. I wouldn't do that - but love is free so I wouldn't rebel about such things. Life should be an adventure. :wink: :skull: :sunny:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 11:30 am

Did someone set off a car alarm?

I could swear I heard a "Woo--Woo--Woo--Woo--Woo" sound just now.