Casual sex was dying out before the pandemic

Page 7 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
... I joined a QAnon group in late spring of 2020...
That explains a lot regarding most of what you have posted on this website.

You may want to read
This Article before bragging any more about your own involvement and interest in the QAnon cult.

According to the article, many who believe in QAnon may have mental illnesses.  A researcher in social psychology at Georgia State University noticed that QAnon followers are different from the radicals usually encountered in one key way: They are far more likely to have serious mental illnesses -- as per court records of QAnon followers arrested in the wake of the January 6 Capitol coup attempt, 68 percent reported that they had received mental health diagnoses.  The conditions they revealed included post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, paranoid schizophrenia, and Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Do you really want to be known for believing in the ravings of people whose connection to reality is tenuous, at best?

Words of wisdom I hope aspie1 hears at some level...irregardless of his reply.

That QAnon's pronouncements are phony is obvious...

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:41 pm

There doesn't seem to be any proof that this QAnon organization exists, because they have not done anything that has become public yet, and everyone talks about them but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of existance, unless I am wrong?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:46 pm

Is Canada perhaps going through what Japan went through in the 1990s where young people feel more socially isolated and less likely to engage in sex ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... having-sex

One of the biggest social changes is the rise of career women who don't want to be held down by relationships or husbands.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:55 pm

I'm Canadian so I am just going by my experience, but I would say it's the opposite and more people are having sex now than a few years ago. Women may not want to be tied down but when it comes to casual sex, they are not really tied down, since it's just casual. Perhaps that's why a lot more women are open to casual sex now, because it doesn't tie them down.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 12:07 am

ironpony wrote:
I'm Canadian so I am just going by my experience, but I would say it's the opposite and more people are having sex now than a few years ago. Women may not want to be tied down but when it comes to casual sex, they are not really tied down, since it's just casual. Perhaps that's why a lot more women are open to casual sex now, because it doesn't tie them down.

Actually that makes sense, also explains the rise in hookups using apps. Hard to quantify these things if girls have casual hookups and don't bother telling anyone.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 12:16 am

oh okay I'm just going to be my experience. Four example for women I know wanted to hook up with me last week, and three women asked me to the week before that. That's really above average compared to before covid.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 12:49 am

ironpony wrote:
Four example for women I know wanted to hook up with me last week, and three women asked me to the week before that.

Well you certainly a lucky man to have all these girls wanting to have sex with you :wink:

Good luck!

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 2:00 am

Oh well I only go with the ones I feel like and that I am more attracted to. I don't mean to sound like I am bragging, but just pointing out that it does seem that women seem to be more about casual sex than ever in my experience, and I guess it's because of covid, as pointed out. Men could be more about it too as a result, I am not sure.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 2:24 am

A bunch of gays are definitely more about hooking up during covid.. I suppose mainly because we're not supposed to, so it's taboo and more thrilling. Plus a whole lot of gays (dunno what %) are doing like my and not hooking up, so the available pool of willing participants is smaller = those who are hooking up may be having the time of their lives.. while risking death doing it.

Same same for women/heteros I guess. Overall hooking up is probably down, but for those doing it it's probably up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 3:36 am

goldfish21 wrote:
A bunch of gays are definitely more about hooking up during covid.. I suppose mainly because we're not supposed to, so it's taboo and more thrilling. Plus a whole lot of gays (dunno what %) are doing like my and not hooking up, so the available pool of willing participants is smaller = those who are hooking up may be having the time of their lives.. while risking death doing it.

Same same for women/heteros I guess. Overall hooking up is probably down, but for those doing it it's probably up.

Yes I've heard reports that attractive NT women in particular are going stir crazy not being able to parade themselves in public like dolled up peacocks.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 5:33 am

ironpony wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any proof that this QAnon organization exists, because they have not done anything that has become public yet, and everyone talks about them but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of existance, unless I am wrong?

Q anon is like minded people getting together online, like we are on this forum. Thats like saying Wrong Planet doesn't exist.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 6:36 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I've never been to Ontario or Quebec (or anywhere farther East) and so can't speak to how they do things. Ontario's system sounds similar to what we had here.. full menu gov't liquor stores, and then cold beer & wine stores that stayed open later - but now they also sell liquor so they're much more similar.

I find it extremely difficult to believe taht you cannot get Canadian wine in Quebec. You can get Canadian wine in China ffs.. why wouldn't you be able to buy it in Quebec? :? Unless you're counting wine from British Columbia as being from a foreign country because Quebec likes to consider themselves not a part of Canada ??

It may have just been Ontario wine. The idea being that Quebecers are jealous because Ontario has a good climate for growing wine and Quebec doesn't, so that's how they get back. Please understand it's just something I was told so you don't necessarily need to believe it. I'm American and as you know Americans can't tell when somebody's taking the piss. As for BC wine, by following the same reasoning you could claim that most people in Quebec aren't aware that BC is part of Canada.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 6:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Q anon is like minded people getting together online, like we are on this forum. Thats like saying Wrong Planet doesn't exist.

To my understanding, QAnon is a group of people who follow certain Twitter feeds and automatically believe whatever's said. Its status as a formal organization could be subject to debate. Much like whether Antifa is a formal organization with leadership, officers, etc. QAnon began on a site call either 8Chan or 8Kun or 4Chan (sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about such sites) but doesn't have its own "official" site like WP, although I suppose there are quite a few sites operated by its followers. Anyway WP does not represent any sort of formal belief system whatsoever, so I don't seem much of a parallel.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:55 am

MaxE wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
ironpony wrote:

To my understanding, QAnon is a group of people who follow certain Twitter feeds and automatically believe whatever's said. Its status as a formal organization could be subject to debate. Much like whether Antifa is a formal organization with leadership, officers, etc. QAnon began on a site call either 8Chan or 8Kun or 4Chan (sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about such sites) but doesn't have its own "official" site like WP, although I suppose there are quite a few sites operated by its followers. Anyway WP does not represent any sort of formal belief system whatsoever, so I don't seem much of a parallel.

Ok that's actually a better explanation.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:01 am

ironpony wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any proof that this QAnon organization exists, because they have not done anything that has become public yet
QAnon is more of a set of ideas like MGTOW, than a true organization like Antifa. The latter has leaders and local chapters in every American city, not just people posting online. In fact, it was paid by the Democratic Party and/or George Soros to trash American cities last summer. Blaming QAnon for whatever is like blaming the nonexistent MGTOW organization for declining marriage rates.

hurtloam wrote:
QAnon started out online, like Red Pill and MGTOW. The latter stayed as online-only. But many QAnon followers became real-life groups, like the one I joined. (They downplay the affiliation a little bit, but once you come to their event, you'll know.) I've gone to their parties held in someone's house or an illegally reopened bar, danced with the women there, and watched the 2020 debates with them.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:05 am

Aspie1 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any proof that this QAnon organization exists, because they have not done anything that has become public yet
QAnon is more of a set of ideas like MGTOW, than a true organization like Antifa. The latter has leaders and local chapters in every American city, not just people posting online. In fact, it was paid by the Democratic Party and/or George Soros to trash American cities last summer. Blaming QAnon for whatever is like blaming the nonexistent MGTOW organization for declining marriage rates.

hurtloam wrote:
QAnon started out online, like Red Pill and MGTOW. The latter stayed as online-only. But many QAnon followers became real-life groups, like the one I joined. (They downplay the affiliation a little bit, but once you come to their event, you'll know.) I've gone to their parties held in someone's house or an illegally reopened bar, danced with the women there, and watched the 2020 debates with them.

I bet you are more likely to get laid with a QAnon chick. Be honest, that's why you're in it.