Dissociation whenever in romantic relationships

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ilovemarshmallowfish28
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2021, 5:42 pm

I need help. I have trauma as well as level 1 autism which for me looks like dissociative versions of PTSD. whenever I am in romantic relationships, I dissociate and literally lose myself completely. Is there a solution??? Its ruining my life. Even if I know the person for nearly 20 years. I still dissociate once there is a romantic context.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

While we are all here to support one another, I think a qualified mental health professional may be better able to help you.

I hope you can find some help and heal.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 7:19 pm

Ilovemarshmallowfish28 wrote:
I need help. I have trauma as well as level 1 autism which for me looks like dissociative versions of PTSD. whenever I am in romantic relationships, I dissociate and literally lose myself completely. Is there a solution??? Its ruining my life. Even if I know the person for nearly 20 years. I still dissociate once there is a romantic context.

This could be a type of Pathological Demand Avoidance. I'd look that up, and see just how many boxes you tick?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2021, 12:16 am

That may be some sensory problem having been with you for so long that you don't realize it exists. <- a wild guess based on my own experience. I often coped with sensory torture by dissociating and I didn't realize how badly my own needs were neglected because of it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 9:32 am

Could you tell us more specifically how you experience this dissociation, and how it manifiests?