Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 11:27 pm

I really want a boyfriend someday, but I don’t know if a guy wants me. I can forget alot of things, brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, changing my underwear & Im a very weird person.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2021, 11:59 pm

There probably are guys who like you. Have you ever been attracted to a guy but never told them?

It's hard for men to express interest because (a) they don't want to be too forward; many men are careful not to say anything that might make women uncomfortable or (b) it just may come off as awkward or (c) some guys are shy.

There were women who I was attracted to or interested in, but in many cases, I never said anything about that because I felt like it would be inappropriate for the situation.

Basic hygiene can help, but lots of men aren't looking for perfection. If a guy is fundamentally interested in a girl (and vice-versa), they will embrace all the imperfections and quirks because they're attracted to her as a whole. People look at the whole package.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 5:59 am

I've always found 'messy' girls attractive. Far more attractive than girls who spend ages painting their faces until they look like CGI and smell like some weird chemical-approximation of flowers. I just assume girls who don't bother much with personal hygiene have other things on their minds, which makes them interesting imo - I want to know what those things are.

My GF has dreadlocks and regularly forgets to brush her teeth (as do I) and change underwear. I couldn't care less.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2021, 6:38 am

DuckHairback wrote:
I've always found 'messy' girls attractive. Far more attractive than girls who spend ages painting their faces until they look like CGI and smell like some weird chemical-approximation of flowers. I just assume girls who don't bother much with personal hygiene have other things on their minds, which makes them interesting imo - I want to know what those things are.

My GF has dreadlocks and regularly forgets to brush her teeth (as do I) and change underwear. I couldn't care less.

Any advice on where to find such women? My current attempts to pursue dolled-up women don't seem to be working :P

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2021, 9:21 am

DuckHairback wrote:
I've always found 'messy' girls attractive.

Same. I found my ex-girlfriend most attractive when she woke up with frizzy uncombed hair. I happily kissed her even if she didn't brush her teeth yet.

I feel like the pressure on women to look perfect and wear lots of makeup is moreso (a) women doing it for themselves to be confident and (b) women doing it to get the approval of other women.

Many guys don't care about that stuff too much.

In fact, a good portion of guys find women women more approachable when they're less dolled up; they feel more comfortable and less intimidated.

Whereas a girl with perfect clothes, make up, etc., a guy may feel like his own looks might be judged since they may not be up to her standard.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 9:24 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I really want a boyfriend someday, but I don't know if a guy wants me.  I can forget a lot of things -- brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, changing my underwear -- and I'm a very weird person.
How do you feel about approaching the single men who post repeatedly about not having girlfriends right here on WP?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 9:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I really want a boyfriend someday, but I don't know if a guy wants me.  I can forget a lot of things -- brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, changing my underwear -- and I'm a very weird person.
How do you feel about approaching the single men who post repeatedly about not having girlfriends right here on WP?

Good question. I see this all the time, but so far I haven't outright suggested (female) Member X, go flirt with (male) Member Y because he's lonely too and you might hit it off.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 10:09 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Good question.  I see this all the time, but so far I haven't outright suggested (female) Member X, go flirt with (male) Member Y because he's lonely too and you might hit it off.
I am not about to name names, either...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:50 am

Fnord wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Good question.  I see this all the time, but so far I haven't outright suggested (female) Member X, go flirt with (male) Member Y because he's lonely too and you might hit it off.
I am not about to name names, either...

I know who you guys talking about, it would not work.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2021, 11:15 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Good question. I see this all the time, but so far I haven't outright suggested (female) Member X, go flirt with (male) Member Y because he's lonely too and you might hit it off.

Yes. A woman isn't going to date a guy just because he's lonely. There's a sea of millions of lonely guys on the internet, but those interactions don't feel meaningful to women.

Meeting 1 guy in real life (in some place where there's mutual friends or a mutual interest) means so much more because there's more investment. Any guy can DM lots of women online. But that 1 guy that took time out of his day to speak to 1 woman in real life feels more special.

Last edited by Minervx_2 on 22 May 2021, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 11:47 am

They always say having things in common is a good basis for a relationship, but being really lonely doesn't seem to be one of those things.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 8:00 pm

I’m on OkCupid, a man wrote me a message ‘I was just thinking you look a lot like my future girlfriend‘ never heard this one.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 8:14 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m on OkCupid, a man wrote me a message ‘I was just thinking you look a lot like my future girlfriend‘ never heard this one.

Well, he seems pretty clear about his intentions. :P