How to attract women despite you have Aspergers

Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 7:15 pm

Yes it's true women can be competitive with other women. And it's true men can be oblivious. It would be cool, if everybody could be more direct, but that's just the way it is. If person is interested in somebody sometimes it can hard to spot, unless they physically throw themselves at you, or point blank tell you, what they are thinking. And if you're unsure on what a person thinks, nobody wants to lose face in such a situation, and risk being rejected.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 7:19 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Yes it's true women can be competitive with other women. And it's true men can be oblivious. It would be cool, if everybody could be more direct, but that's just the way it is. If person is interested in somebody sometimes it can hard to spot, unless they physically throw themselves at you, or point blank tell you, what they are thinking. And if you're unsure on what a person thinks, nobody wants to lose face in such a situation, and risk being rejected.

I don't really care about 'face' in such situations, if I like someone I generally tell them in various ways, whether directly or indirectly, i.e, complimenting them on a forum etc. I don't really trust biological females based on past experiences. They can be unreliable. They'll flirt, then you land in their inbox and they'll be like "who are you" or "hey, creeper". :?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 7:34 pm

If i'm walking down the street, and a girl smiles at me, is it a "cordial polite greeting" smile , or a "i really like what i'm seeing" smile. I'd like to be able to tell the difference . But I can't. And It's so easy to imagine one way or the other.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 7:38 pm

theprisoner wrote:
If i'm walking down the street, and a girl smiles at me, is it a "cordial polite greeting" smile , or a "i really like what i'm seeing" smile. I'd like to be able to tell the difference . But I can't. And It's so easy to imagine one way or the other.

Are you talking about real life women or online women in a figurative sense?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 7:50 pm

Real life woman. "If i'm walking down the street...."

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2021, 9:17 pm

I tried dating websites and sent messages. I got nothing , but views. So I quit. Is it just me or are these websites becoming more of a waste of time and money.

The girl I am looking for is one that likes to wear strapless dresses and tops, doesn’t mind getting dolled up for a romantic candlelight dinner at home, likes to dance, and is also bubbly, a little wild and free, where I feel tammed , programmed and robotic.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm

ya i'm not afraid to admit i sometimes have hated having been born male over the years due to how i feel men are dealt with the burden of building the attraction

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 11:37 pm

Outsider85 wrote:
The girl I am looking for is one that likes to wear strapless dresses and tops, doesn’t mind getting dolled up for a romantic candlelight dinner at home, likes to dance, and is also bubbly, a little wild and free,

How do you work this out from an online profile? This type of profile is also probably looking a man with similar qualities.

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2021, 4:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:
The girl I am looking for is one that likes to wear strapless dresses and tops, doesn’t mind getting dolled up for a romantic candlelight dinner at home, likes to dance, and is also bubbly, a little wild and free,

How do you work this out from an online profile? This type of profile is also probably looking a man with similar qualities.

All I do is hope. The only thing I can do.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 7:59 am

Outsider85 wrote:
I tried dating websites and sent messages. I got nothing , but views. So I quit. Is it just me or are these websites becoming more of a waste of time and money.

The girl I am looking for is one that likes to wear strapless dresses and tops, doesn’t mind getting dolled up for a romantic candlelight dinner at home, likes to dance, and is also bubbly, a little wild and free, where I feel tammed , programmed and robotic.

I have only dated/slept with two NT's and they were just randomers. NT's can be nice in a lot of ways but they are also 'stupid' in a lof of ways too & they don't understand Autistic people at all for the most part as a demographic, so it is difficult to be in a relationship with an NT for Autistic folk.

Most of the time they just see you as broken or weird & they don't even have to say anything and you already know that by the way they treat you.

I haven't been in any kind of 'serious' relationship with an NT & I don't expect to be.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Most of the time they just see you as broken or weird & they don't even have to say anything and you already know that by the way they treat you.

I haven't been in any kind of 'serious' relationship with an NT & I don't expect to be.

I think relationships are a two way street. You can't blame all NTs for not being prepared to put up with "weird" when they have no frame of reference,

Read some the NT posts on WP about how to deal with their Aspie partner's behavior. A lot of NTs entering into a relationship with an Aspie sincerely want the relationship to work because they love their partner and want what's best for them.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 7:13 pm

i never liked it but why does it seem that for guys, men, it is mostly social behavior based or social skills based it seems

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 8:41 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i never liked it but why does it seem that for guys, men, it is mostly social behavior based or social skills based it seems

You also need to look at it from the options a girl has. The moment the girl has options then "weird" goes to the bottom of the list.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm

^ Yeah , I can only imagine the psycho vibes i give off. NT know when somebody is weird. They soon figure somethings 'off' about you.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 10:12 pm

Yeah, I wonder what strategies aspie guys can use to suppress any compulsive urges? probably easier said than done. Even us NTs do unconscious things we aren't aware of like leg shaking.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 10:19 pm

It worked for Elvis Presley :lol: or Elvis the pelvis as they called him.